Upgrade from 625H. 925 535 or 730

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm planning for switching devices.
My previous devices is 625H a stripped down version of 625 that lost LTE 1080p record and lower clock.

Here is my option

1.699.000 IDR

2.999.000 IDR

2.999.000 IDR

The reason I switching is I'm starting to get contaminated by my friend to play order of chaos. And I'm also looking 4 LTE devices since my campus area get LTE coverage

I'm not so into photography. The apps I used is basic apps (WhatsApp BBM facebook LINE ect)

My current SD card is 16gb and it's never get full.
I store music and map offline using here apps regularly to predict traffic
I hate cheap plastic. My 625H case is polycarbonate one so it's quite durable. I use it since 1st release and for the back case not single scratch visible

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I think the 925 is still a great device and if storage is not an issue then its the best phone for u considering it will also get Wp10 despite the age.
Though if ur one of those selfie lovers then 730 is a better option.

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Lumia 925 for almost a year and a half now (August of 2013) and still find it to be a very nice phone. It's still gorgeous, dare I say sexy and with a cover, and no screen protector, it looks like the day I bought it.

LTE though is a huge battery drain. The phone was constantly searching for a LTE signal. But running it on 4G, to me, is fast enough for anything I throw at it (YouTube, gaming, internet and social media) on the Tmob plan I have.

Camera is a big plus!

And even though my phone is considered "older" now, with it running Cyan it's still buttery smooth. And as the poster above mentioned, I'll get the Denim AND Windows 10 updates next year, so the phone will still feel current for some time to come.

Storage wise ... I'm not a big gamer, but having 4 full music albums, 6 light games, well over 200 photos stored on my device ... Plus apps for news, weather, sports and 6 tag ... I still have 10 Gig of free space on my phone. And yes, that's with Cyan loaded on my phone too.

All in all ... this phone works and still looks sexy, to me, even after all this time owning it.

Hope that helps you a bit. Good luck with your choice.

Marquis de Faux

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Lumia 925 for almost a year and a half now (August of 2013) and still find it to be a very nice phone. It's still gorgeous, dare I say sexy and with a cover, and no screen protector, it looks like the day I bought it.

LTE though is a huge battery drain. The phone was constantly searching for a LTE signal. But running it on 4G, to me, is fast enough for anything I throw at it (YouTube, gaming, internet and social media) on the Tmob plan I have.

Camera is a big plus!

And even though my phone is considered "older" now, with it running Cyan it's still buttery smooth. And as the poster above mentioned, I'll get the Denim AND Windows 10 updates next year, so the phone will still feel current for some time to come.

Storage wise ... I'm not a big gamer, but having 4 full music albums, 6 light games, well over 200 photos stored on my device ... Plus apps for news, weather, sports and 6 tag ... I still have 10 Gig of free space on my phone. And yes, that's with Cyan loaded on my phone too.

All in all ... this phone works and still looks sexy, to me, even after all this time owning it.

I was thinking of getting the 925 myself, but had some concerned about the durability. Have you ever dropped yours? Have you had any problems with the headphone jack as reported by some forum members?

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I'd DEFINITELY recommend a protective case, this phone IS slippery without one. Especially in colder weather it easily slips right out of your hands. So yeah, I have dropped it twice. But got lucky. No damage.

I've read about headphone problems too, but I've never had that problem on my phone. Ear phones work just fine.

This phone, for me, just keeps on working. And I'm not a Windows fan boy. This phone isn't perfect in every since, or for everybody. But ... Whatever I ask it to do, it does very well.

I've often thought of "greener pastures" myself. But every time I do that ... I just play with my wife's iPhone 5c or my sons Galaxy S3 and just think nope!! Really have gotten to like the Windows UI now and the Nokia build quality of my phone. Nice combo of those two things, makes me like this phone more and more.

Good luck.

mathsisbest

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
The Lumia 925 is a lot better than the Lumia 730 if they are the same price. The Lumia 925 was a flagship device and the build quality is great.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I'd DEFINITELY recommend a protective case, this phone IS slippery without one. Especially in colder weather it easily slips right out of your hands. So yeah, I have dropped it twice. But got lucky. No damage.

I've read about headphone problems too, but I've never had that problem on my phone. Ear phones work just fine.

This phone, for me, just keeps on working. And I'm not a Windows fan boy. This phone isn't perfect in every since, or for everybody. But ... Whatever I ask it to do, it does very well.

I've often thought of "greener pastures" myself. But every time I do that ... I just play with my wife's iPhone 5c or my sons Galaxy S3 and just think nope!! Really have gotten to like the Windows UI now and the Nokia build quality of my phone. Nice combo of those two things, makes me like this phone more and more.

Good luck.

No colder weather here. Only rain season or summer haha
I can get the accessory from the retailer where I brought it.
While memory isn't important for me (even my SD never full) I would love having 16gb instead of 8

How about the operational speed? Is 925 slow on cyan?

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking of getting the 925 myself, but had some concerned about the durability. Have you ever dropped yours? Have you had any problems with the headphone jack as reported by some forum members?

As for that I can take care myself

Nokia care center in Jakarta located less than 3 miles from my home.

Oh US ppl my devices is all retail. There are contracts devices from other carrier but their services are suck so I wouldn't bother. My carrier is prepaid one IND telkomsel so I can control my data.

Their currently only have LTE band at 900 mhz while 1800 and 2100 still only H+ speed

Since no news from 735 here so I don't think they coming anytime soon

730 is nice but their case is awful compared my 625H except for black one. While I love white color

535 is slower than 625H so it's out of questions

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
No colder weather here. Only rain season or summer haha
I can get the accessory from the retailer where I brought it.
While memory isn't important for me (even my SD never full) I would love having 16gb instead of 8

How about the operational speed? Is 925 slow on cyan?

IMO ... The OS is more than adequate speed wise on this phone. It handles everything I throw at it. It's much more about your provider and signal strength , or where you use the phone.

For example - I can be using my phone on Wi-Fi at home and pages load in a second or two. But if I'm out somewhere without Wi-Fi access and using data connection ... the internet can take 5 or 10 seconds to load the same page.

Not terrible.

But yeah for basic phone tasks the OS is more than enough to get the job done, using this phone.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
The signal is fine. I use the largest carrier that most of it's share owned by government in the Capital city main district. So I expected a good signal.

As for LTE network my campus got coverage while my home not(Wi-Fi at home)

I fall in love with 930 but it's price even higher than 2 unit 925.

As the model I think I'm gonna get country variant version.

930 has some promotion when I buy it. The gave me wireless charging car stand. While 730 gave me selfie stick.

I'm rarely do selfie even taking pict. Most of the time is my girlfriend use my phone for taking pict because the camera is better than her galaxy ace

925 didn't have any promotion. They simply cut the price. I even don't know if they keep restocking the item. But unpopularity of WP devices here give me chance

As for RMA I know the Nokia care center located.

925 is nice. It make me disappointed in my 625H (sorry) but 930 is goddamnt cool and it stand cooler than S5 5S or Z3.

While most of my friends uses Android and iPhone my college are using Microsoft services in student E-mail. I also get dreamspark premium account. So I'll stick on MS ecosystem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss