Upgrading from Nokia Lumia 520! Help?

GroundSpartan

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info TheMightyCraken, but I already saw that video countless amounts of times, im trying to figure out whats better in terms of performance and multi-tasking, Ive searched the forums seeing that people had some lagg issues. So right now im thinking which one is the better of the two. The 735 or the Blu Win HD, and im also trying to figure out why the 735 is considerably more expensive then the BLU WIN HD

Barracuda7772

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Interesting Info around here :), Thank to all of you I am really considering the Lumia 735, but im seeing that the BLU win HD is direct competitor and a significantly cheaper than the 735. Any news on the Blu win HD's reliability? It seems like another good deal because the Blu win HD has a bigger screen IPS display, pixel density is almost the same, 1GB ram (same as 735) ,and a similar processor at 1.2ghz

The blu win HD has the same snapsragon 200 processor of the 530/535 so no HD playback in 1080p

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
My 625 has 512MB RAM and dual core 1.2GHz Krait so I guess it's not really normal that a 830 with 1GB RAM and a quad core 1.2GHz Cortex-A7 runs slower

Actually it does kinda make sense. While opening apps I wld believe its the single core performance that matters. Considering 625 and 830 have the same clock speed of 1.2ghz and that 625 is based on cortex a9 which is 2x faster than a cortex a7 core at similar clock it might explain why apps open faster.

infiniti_12

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
730 is the perfect upgrade to a 520

I know I know! 😁 But my parents keep on insisting to get the iPhone 4s instead the fact that it's on the price range of Lumia 730/735. iPhone 4s is a 3 year old phone (that's the budget though haha) and it may become obselete next year, and it became slower after iOS 8. But I don't know. I'm confused. I love the ecosystem of iOS but I love Nokia more than Apple. My problem with WP is Apps. Will I get more Apps on a 1GB RAM WP than a 512MB RAM WP? My Lumia 520 also changed after a year. I don't want to experience it again cause the phone that I'm gonna buy is the one that I'll use for 2 years or more. Hope you guys could help me too. I'm gonna buy tomorrow. 😩

Marquis de Faux

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info TheMightyCraken, but I already saw that video countless amounts of times, im trying to figure out whats better in terms of performance and multi-tasking, Ive searched the forums seeing that people had some lagg issues. So right now im thinking which one is the better of the two. The 735 or the Blu Win HD, and im also trying to figure out why the 735 is considerably more expensive then the BLU WIN HD
Don't go for the Win HD. There are some video playback bugs (not relating to the Snapdragon 200 as the 530 and BLU Win JR plays the videos fine) that may or may not get fixed in a firmware update.

GroundSpartan

May 31, 2014
Visit site
As far as Windows Phone I am considering the Nokia Lumia 735! Thats the one on top. But I cannot understand why the nokia so pricey. You can get a equivalent for around the same price, with better camera, ram, ghz, larger screen for the same range. I am even looking into a Huawei Ascend P6, with 2gb of ram ,1.5ghz quad core, expandable storage, and etc. Although it is not a windows phone, it is the best deal at this point. The software Windows Phone 8.1 is the only thing keeping me on the Lumia 735.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Don't go by paper specs. A friend of mine had the P6 and its battery is terrible while the processor and gpu just doesn't live up to what they offer and after some months it started lagging terribly. Check gsm arena benchmark review as well Huawei Ascend P6 review: Zen droid slim - page 5 - GSMArena.com
Its also reached the end of its support cycle and won't be seeing lollipop so its definitely not a good choice over the 730

GroundSpartan

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm you are right, There is a huge gap into paper specs, and real life operation. I am really trying to find the best phone within the $200-$250 range to be honest. As far as the pricing for the lumia 735 it is quite expensive unlocked. Around $325, thats over my budget

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I honestly think its a great deal at that price. If u compare it to any of the similarly priced androids from reputed manufacturers like Grand prime, Xperia M2, Desire 510 all are inferior in specs to 730.
The only one that can match is the Moto G2.

GroundSpartan

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Im sorry for not mentioning that before, I am in the United States via USD. Maybe the comparison will be more clear to you from my point now C:

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Ah well most of the guys from US always keeps talking abt contracts and I don't see many using unlocked phones :)
Btw how is the 925 priced there unlocked?

GroundSpartan

May 31, 2014
Visit site
haha I'm different I don't like contracts, and constant phone payments, One time payments are the best for me. I just looking for pricing around. unlocked phone is around $250-290. I am really considering the Samsung S4 mini, or the Huawei Ascend P6 for now, so that I can use it until summer 2015, Im really trying to balance out the two for now. When I get more of a budget later this year, I will invest in a new model windows phone built for windows 10! C: I can't wait to see what new models come out for windows phone 10

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
S4 mini is a good phone. But I just can't stand Samsung design and build quality from 2013. Its also done with updates and will be stuck in kitkat but if ur the kind of guy who flashes phones then CM mod shld give u a great improvement on it.
I think ur right, at the moment if 730 is too expensive for u its not worth getting a cheaper lumia and u should wait till WP10.

GroundSpartan

May 31, 2014
Visit site
It looks like Lollipop is the fastest OS, I wonder if I can find a good one with Android Lollipop around my price range. I thought I heard somewhere that the Samsung S4 mini is getting the Lollipop update. Ill keep researching haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750