01-02-2015 12:22 AM
57 123
tools
    I have no need to post this on AC since the same thing isn't as prevalent and when it does happen folks there are very quick to say something about it.

I am sorry but it appears that you have a grudge against the other platforms and you appear to condone the doing this here..
    I read all the forums and every one has its fair share of people hating on competing platforms. The fact that you are singling out WC and saying it is a worse behavior here compared to Android Central is precisely the bias and stereotyping I am referring to. Why would that be, MC? Are people more relaxed on AC? Do more level-headed people use Android phones? Do WP users have their nuts in a vice? The conclusion you reach smacks of arrogance and condescension toward WP users that post here. It boggles my mind that you can't see that. I have no grudge against anyone or any platform, but I do have strong opinions about forum wars. They are the lowest form of discussion that crops up on Mobile Nations.
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-30-2014 12:45 AM
    I read all the forums and every one has its fair share of people hating on competing platforms. The fact that you are singling out WC and saying it is a worse behavior here compared to Android Central is precisely the bias and stereotyping I am referring to. Why would that be, MC? Are people more relaxed on AC? Do more level-headed people use Android phones? Do WP users have their nuts in a vice? The conclusion you reach smacks of arrogance and condescension toward WP users that post here. It boggles my mind that you can't see that. I have no grudge against anyone or any platform, but I do have strong opinions about forum wars. They are the lowest form of discussion that crops up on Mobile Nations.
    Sorry Bob.

The fact that I am posting this here is to draw attention to this. If the truth hurts perhaps you should look at your behavior and those here who do this. There is more of this here on this forum than most other forums and one doesn't have to look real hard to find this. This doesn't mean everyone here does this, and if you take offense to me pointing this out.... Well.. I apologize.. But the facts remain evident in this and the question remains as to why.. and how can you be offended by pointing this out? Further if the phone wars forum is to you the lowest form of communication, why are you participating on it?
    12-30-2014 03:13 AM
    Sorry Bob.

The fact that I am posting this here is to draw attention to this. If the truth hurts perhaps you should look at your behavior and those here who do this. There is more of this here on this forum than most other forums and one doesn't have to look real hard to find this. This doesn't mean everyone here does this, and if you take offense to me pointing this out.... Well.. I apologize.. But the facts remain evident in this and the question remains as to why.. and how can you be offended by pointing this out? Further if the phone wars forum is to you the lowest form of communication, why are you participating on it?
    What behavior are you referring to? I never badmouth any competing forum. As a matter of fact, I go out of my way to say that all tech options have their advantages. See, now you are trying to stereotype me. With respect to the "truth" you are just providing an unsubstantiated opinion--there is no truth to your sweeping generalization, just perception bias.

Read my post carefully please. I said I object to "forum wars" not "phone wars." There is a big difference. I don't have any problems discussing the differences between phones. However, BS tribal warfare among Mobile Nations clans is complete bush. I think if you have problems with certain "hate" posters you should engage them directly. Simply coming over from an Android Central perspective and trying to patronize Windows Central posters by starting a general "stop the hate" thread is an instigation tactic. That's all I have to say. I hope the mods close this ridiculously-themed thread.
    12-30-2014 09:50 AM
    Wow. The OP made a very valid point regarding the overly passionate opinions of some of our members and this thread has turned into a phone war within a phone war. I do agree with some of the posters that passions run deeper on WPC than they do on other Mobile Nations sites. I came from webOS Nation and I rarely saw "flaming". In fact, I had never even seen the term before. I think a lot of it comes from frustration due to a perceived failure by Microsoft to get with the program. We live in a society that is centered around instant gratification and we just don't want to wait. That being said, why would anybody who knows MS's modus operandi, purchase any of their products in the hopes of new features being added at a regular pace? You can go a step further and ask why anybody purchases anything with the expectation of any kind of updating. Read what it says on the box. If it doesn't include what you want, leave it be.
    12-30-2014 10:39 AM
    What behavior are you referring to? I never badmouth any competing forum. As a matter of fact, I go out of my way to say that all tech options have their advantages. See, now you are trying to stereotype me. With respect to the "truth" you are just providing an unsubstantiated opinion--there is no truth to your sweeping generalization, just perception bias.

Read my post carefully please. I said I object to "forum wars" not "phone wars." There is a big difference. I don't have any problems discussing the differences between phones. However, BS tribal warfare among Mobile Nations clans is complete bush. I think if you have problems with certain "hate" posters you should engage them directly. Simply coming over from an Android Central perspective and trying to patronize Windows Central posters by starting a general "stop the hate" thread is an instigation tactic. That's all I have to say. I hope the mods close this ridiculously-themed thread.
    Your behavior on this thread is what I am referring to Bob.

You stated that my opinion is unsubstantiated and there is no truth to what I have said , when in fact it is clearly seen by just reviewing the threads on this forum.

You stated that I have perception bias when in fact it is you that has this issue.

You further ask for my thread to be shut down in effort to silence me just because you have issue with my pointing out this type of behavior here.

You asked why I haven't pointed out or took the issue to the individuals who do show anti Google or anti Apple rehteric and I will answer you, because that would be picking on those individuals who do this and I have tried to in the past and have been called on it.

I have used generalizations to keep from getting in trouble, not because I choose to but because I have been instructed to change how I post or face being banned even when someone has taken what I have said completely out of context intentionally.

Why is it Bob that you are afraid to acknowledge that some people here seem to hate the other platforms? If these people have a right to post their feelings, do I have any less right to post mine?

Why is this..?

I will ask again, why all the hate for the other platforms here?
    12-30-2014 07:15 PM
    ^^Frustration Mac. Tech heads seem to think that updates are a given. There is a feeling on these boards that MS is a superior system but gets no respect. Maybe it is, It's not my place to decide for others. I know what works for me and what doesn't, but I won't go around blasting other platforms.
    Sent from my ginormous Lumia 1520 via the Tapatalk app
    01-01-2015 10:59 PM
    There will be changes coming to the Phone Wars forum in a couple weeks. These changes will be implemented once key Staff members are available, as several are away on business at this time.

The reason there is no "hate" in the AndroidCentral Phone Wars forum is because the system is set up differently than it is here. We will be implementing a similar system here at WindowsCentral.

Hate will not be permitted, and it is not permitted now. If you see any posts that break the rules, please report them.

In the meantime, please stay tuned for changes to this forum.
    01-02-2015 12:22 AM
57 123