Lumia 1520 vs. HTC One M8

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Appreciating all the comparisons guys. Seems like I'm good either way. Considering that the high end Lumia line is like the Nexus line in terms of software updates I'm thinking I'll go with the 1520. To bad Micah got banned before I could ask for more detail on the AT&T Next stuff.

Overall the M8 seems solid. Its more premium from a hardware standpoint but lacks in Camera and screen size. Its still in though. I'll do my best to wait for CES and the 1/20 event before finally deciding.
I'm back ;) still recommend the 1520 as well :p also with regards to the 800 vs 801 processors, the 801 is the newer version and with it comes some improvements. However none you will truly notice if you choose the m8 over the 1520 and the 1520 over the m8. I was trying to explain to my android friend that his new Lumia 535 that I sold him on over his android phone doesn't necessarily make it worse because the clock speed was 200mhz higher on the android phone. Same case here as well. Nor does it mean the m8 will be supported longer than the icon or m8.

I love att next. I feel like it is probably one of the better things att has done. I wish the att next was a little more flexible like tmobiles jump and you could upgrade twice a year/every 6 months but I use the 12 month cycle.

If Lumia releases were on a set schedule like iPhones where they came out around the same time each year it would be perfect for me. But I wholeheartedly recommend it as you are technically not in a contract with att...along with getting your 1520.3 ;)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
The bottom line folks. The HTC One M8 IS the current Windows Phone flagship. The Lumia 1520, Lumia 930/Icon, and the Samsung Ativ SE are all also fine choices. The only real shame is that all of these phones weren't made more widely available around the world. Hopefully the next flagship will be regardless of whom it comes from. These limited and exclusive releases need to stop. Anyway, that's one mans opinion. Your mileage may very.

I always thought, and actually still think, all of the above phones are flagship's. Call me stupid, but that's how I see it.

I agree as well. There is no one 'current' flagship. All 4 phones are able to be purchased from either their respective carriers and or Microsoft :) just because one was released a few months later doesn't negate the others who came a few months before...

Midniteryu

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I agree with that just wish that MS had a means to make sure all models of their current flagship phones would get their firmware updates at the same time.

Ricardo Dawkins

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Please, man. The M8 playing heavy games could never ever outlast a Lumia 1520 in battery life by playing just solitaire. Either your wife phone has many things running and eating battery like Facebook or Messenger.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the 1520.3 and am satisfied with it overall. I wish it had a few more phablet features (digitizer, etc.), and the touch/swipe issue can be annoying at times, but overall it is still the best WP out in my opinion. B and H photo as the 1520.3 right now in stock, so you can even get the one with Qi if you want.
1520.3 | B&H Photo Video

Glenn Sojourner

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I have an HTC One 8.1. I couldn't wait for AT&T to finally get it and now I am sorry I did. the Lumias have more built in functionality than the HTC One and HTC support sucks. I am even concerned about the future of the windows phone in general. I have ask many mainstream businesses why they don't have a windows based phone app and the reply is either there is not enough demand to justify the cost or they had one and dropped it for the same reason.

Kevin Hill2

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I have an HTC One 8.1. I couldn't wait for AT&T to finally get it and now I am sorry I did. the Lumias have more built in functionality than the HTC One and HTC support sucks. I am even concerned about the future of the windows phone in general. I have ask many mainstream businesses why they don't have a windows based phone app and the reply is either there is not enough demand to justify the cost or they had one and dropped it for the same reason.

I am just wondering what functionality you are missing on your HTC ? and how has HTC let you down on support for your phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs