01-20-2015 06:17 PM
37 12
tools
    I'd say yeah, go for it. My time with a Lumia 635 (about two months before I got a 1020) gives me a lot of respect for that line.

On the OTHER hand, waiting for the 21st to see what might be coming next isn't a bad idea. Or at least a wider market for the (in many ways) superior Lumia 535, depending on where in the world you are.
    01-20-2015 12:36 AM
    Coming from Android I'm happy a lot with my 630. I think Android is quite a mess, just due to his nature to being "open". Yeah, that's great, but that's not what I want from a smartphone. I want it to be clear, ordered and simple, and that's the way WP is.

This being said, I regret that I bought a 630 just few days 535 was announced. 535 is THE low end device, buy that one. 1 GB of RAM is what makes it really better than 630.
    01-20-2015 06:15 AM
    You will be amazed if you compare a WP 512mb device to an android 512mb device.
    01-20-2015 06:40 AM
    You will be amazed if you compare a WP 512mb device to an android 512mb device.
    You will be amazed as well if you compare a WP 512 with a WP 1GB
    Pranshul Sood and taymur like this.
    01-20-2015 07:21 AM
    Ive been back n forth from Android to Windows Phone to Iphone, back to Android then Windows phone and so on...

Cant make my mind up to be honest.

With windows phone you can get a decent performing device for silly money, the fluidity of the UI is even better than iphone 5s onwards. the swiping and pinning becomes second nature and quite addictive, find some information on the web, in your contacts within an app and pretty much most of the time you can quickly pin it to the home screen, the back button works a treat and switching from apps to homescreen is very fast and stable. The People section is marvelous with its Twitter/facebook etc integration, I am more social using the people area than i ever am on Android or Iphone, just because its a joy to use.

BUT : I have a lot of money tied up in Android, a fair amount in Iphone apps etc...so dragging myself across to windows, where most apps you find free you do have to pay for and they are generally slightly more expensive, One thing I really wish there was more of and thats Google apps, in particular MAPS, dont get me wrong bing maps are OK, but not a patch on google maps, also Keep, streaming radio and music, I have most of my music collection uploaded to Google play, even Iphone has its own google apps, which in some cases are better than the android equivalents. Runkeeper doesn't exist on WP accept through secondary apps, Endomondo on WP is behind on features, Fitbit works, but is slow and ponderous compared, I would say most apps are a fair way behind Android and especially iOS. If you like playing social online facebook type games from Zynga etc...you just wont find them on WP. These points are a real shame and to be honest the reason I am back with Android/Iphones. Having said that the WP itch has returned, get yourself an ipad/ipod or Nexus 7 tablet just for your app fix, and enjoy the fluidity of Windows phone for what it is.
    01-20-2015 08:19 AM
    I would say it depends entirely on how you use your phone and what apps you can find that will suffice for your daily needs. If you use your phone constantly for everything get a higher end phone

I personally won't use any phone that lags or continually has resuming issues or tap and scroll issues regardless of the operating system.

I strongly recommend that you save your money and purchase a higher end phone, by doing so your money is better spent and your experience will most likely be better in the long run.

Cry me a river if you want but then build me bridge to get over it... Posted from my HTC M8
    01-20-2015 09:02 AM
    At this point in time, you don't buy a windows phone unless it has windows 10 already installed, and you don't buy an android device unless it has lollipop. Patience my friend, patience.
    01-20-2015 09:27 AM
    I switched from a low end android device to low end windows phone (Lumia 630) last July. I don't regret the decision for switching except the price has dropped down to half for 630. I have 3g enabled and pretty much mine is moderate to heavy usage. My battery runs up-to 11-12 hours. Not to mention i have 100+ apps in my phone.

I have recommended this phone to one of my friend. He is not a heavy user. He doesn't use internet, so battery comes up pretty good for him.
    01-20-2015 09:31 AM
    At this point in time, you don't buy a windows phone unless it has windows 10 already installed, and you don't buy an android device unless it has lollipop. Patience my friend, patience.
    Running Lollipop on my Current device a Samsung S5 and its horrible, one reason to move away from Android, its laggy, apps are crashing, recent apps is slow to respond, battery life even after a week allowing time to settle is awful.
    01-20-2015 10:26 AM
    My experience says yes. I won't bore you with trivial details but after 3 email hacks and noticing unusual data usage, I went WP all in. I'm not even using my BlackBerry because of Android apps that I need. WP has all my apps and I've totally rid all my devices and home computers of Google services.

May not mean anything to you, but privacy and security are important to me. I know nothing's fool-proof, but I've never had my Outlook account hacked and I've had it for about 12 years. Google, about 5 years - do the math.
    01-20-2015 01:04 PM
    My experience says yes. I won't bore you with trivial details but after 3 email hacks and noticing unusual data usage, I went WP all in. I'm not even using my BlackBerry because of Android apps that I need. WP has all my apps and I've totally rid all my devices and home computers of Google services.

May not mean anything to you, but privacy and security are important to me. I know nothing's fool-proof, but I've never had my Outlook account hacked and I've had it for about 12 years. Google, about 5 years - do the math.
    I am using Google since 2004 and outlook in 2013.
    My gmail never hacked but outlook hacked once. - do the math
    01-20-2015 05:47 PM
    Yeah you should, but I'd wait a while, see what new windows phone 10 handsets that will be revealed. It should be interesting.
    01-20-2015 06:17 PM
37 12