According to iMore's logic, Windows Phone is beating the iPhone

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Mac sales continue to kick the PC market's ass | iMore

According to Peter Cohn, "Mac is kicking the PC's ***" (that is the title of the article at this time) based on the fact that Macs have a higher percentage of growth compared to the PC.

Now, according to this, since Windows Phone sales grew 28% YoY compared to *only* 25% for the iPhone, even though Apple sold 7x as many phones as Microsoft, we must obviously conclude that success is measured by growth percentage, therefore Windows Phone is beating the iPhone. We did it, ladies and gentlemen. Apple is dooooooomed.

/s <-- because some will take this seriously

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Watch the documentary about apples business practices. Apple is the evil empire and a horrible company. Thank god I do not give them a red penney anymore. Taking away Chinese citizens ID cards when they enter their production facilities so they cannot leave after they find out the massively horrible working conditions. Screw apple and the ****** they rode in on.

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I get what your trying to point out, but the increasing mac sales are a major threat to microsoft. W10 isn't going to reverse this trend and in another 5-10 years Apple is going to have a huge chunk of the market. I'd imagine in that much time Google will have figured out how to successfully crack into the market as well (perhaps at the low end).

AwesomeLewis24

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I get what your trying to point out, but the increasing mac sales are a major threat to microsoft. W10 isn't going to reverse this trend and in another 5-10 years Apple is going to have a huge chunk of the market. I'd imagine in that much time Google will have figured out how to successfully crack into the market as well (perhaps at the low end).

Apple already have a huge chunk of the market though. I'd be more worried about Linux coming up from behind - it's made surprisingly good progress.

spideymaniac

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Watch the documentary about apples business practices. Apple is the evil empire and a horrible company. Thank god I do not give them a red penney anymore. Taking away Chinese citizens ID cards when they enter their production facilities so they cannot leave after they find out the massively horrible working conditions. Screw apple and the ****** they rode in on.

Hi, it seems interesting, what's the name of the documentary? I'd like to watch it, thanks!

Jaredallister

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

Just wanted to point out that the documentary that you are speaking of, is about the contract manufacture that Apple uses to mass produce it's products (Foxconn). A company that a majority of technology companies utilize. It is also the very same company that Microsoft uses to mass produces its hardware products. So if you want to point out Apple, you better point out Microsoft too. If you dont want to throw a red cent at Apple, well the same better be for Microsoft or your just a ****** hypocrite. Also taking away Chinese citizen ID cards to insure they arrive to work the first day is common practice in China. They get back once they arrive their first day.

windows920

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Apple just announced they sold 13 million phones on their opening weekend, beating their previous record of 10 million with the 6/6plus.

Miti 1982

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I get what your trying to point out, but the increasing mac sales are a major threat to Microsoft. W10 isn't going to reverse this trend and in another 5-10 years Apple is going to have a huge chunk of the market. I'd imagine in that much time Google will have figured out how to successfully crack into the market as well (perhaps at the low end).

I'm trying to understand where are you coming from but the data doesn't seem to agree with you.

NetMarketShare data for the past 3 months (Sep - Nov):

Windows - 90.54% / 90.42% / 91.39% (up 0.97% points)
Mac - 7.72% / 8.00% / 6.99% (down 1.01% points)
Linux - 1.74% / 1.57% / 1.62% (up 0.05% points)

On the other hand in mobile Android went up from 52.61% to 57.10%, iOS went from 40.28% to 34.88% and Windows Phone went from 2.90% to 3.14%.

A very important thing to note here (IMO) is that iOS and Android include also tablets in that % whereas Windows tablets are included in the Desktop OS measurement.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs