Samsung Galaxy s6 vs. L930

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
That f1.9 will be handy in low light but yeah will be some cool fight (I am confident with my 930...but ;) ).
People often says that the 930 is not a proper flagship because of the lack of SD card (and glace)...oh well the S6 dont have a SD card to...lets see is that **** of android users.

phones get better all the time. the s6 can have 128Gb of onboard. i haven't filled up a 32Gb yet myself, but sure, it's possible.

at this point in the "my phones camera is better than yours" conversation, just pull out a dslr and put the phones away.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
phones get better all the time. the s6 can have 128Gb of onboard. i haven't filled up a 32Gb yet myself, but sure, it's possible.

at this point in the "my phones camera is better than yours" conversation, just pull out a dslr and put the phones away.

Ya that's not the point. Many of us, myself included, are mobile photographers or rely on our phone for shots. I have 2 dslrs but that doesn't mean I carry them with me everywhere. I've been able to produce very good printable shots that I've framed from many devices. So ya the camera does matter-at least to people like me.

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

I don't trade my DSLR for my phone and a phone vs DSLR is a nonsense but is cool to have a phone that delivers a great result. I can't go everywhere with my camera but a I can take my phone :)

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Ya that's not the point. Many of us, myself included, are mobile photographers or rely on our phone for shots. I have 2 dslrs but that doesn't mean I carry them with me everywhere. I've been able to produce very good printable shots that I've framed from many devices. So ya the camera does matter-at least to people like me.

i didn't convey my message very well. maybe next time :)

finbaar

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Honestly I think Samsung have done the right thing in dropping SD card support in the S6 for two reasons. Firstly SD cards are broken on Android compared to WP, 5.0 improved things but it is an inferior experience. Secondly, the type of storage used in the S6 destroys eMMC so badly it isn't fair. Lets wait for a proper camera comparison between the L930, S6 and whatever. It should be interesting. And let's see what Microsoft bring out with W10 as a flagship. The smartphone world never stays still.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
If you goal is to make good pictures, get the Sony Z3. I know the cameras of the S5 and Note4, honestly they are not on the level of the Sony Z3. Even the midrange HTC Desire Eye beats the S5 as soon as there is less light. The downside with all Sony devices is that they a cramped full with software that talk to Chinese servers.
The S6 camera is also less good than the Sony Z3 camera...
If you are related to defense or law enforcement you should not operate a Sony, Huawei, Honor, Xiaomi device. Then you should use a Microsoft, Samsung, LG or HTC.
I personally did an analysis of the Z3 to China data traffic, we banned Sony phones for corporate use along with the other Chinese stuff.

MarkusDindu

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
If you goal is to make good pictures, get the Sony Z3. I know the cameras of the S5 and Note4, honestly they are not on the level of the Sony Z3. Even the midrange HTC Desire Eye beats the S5 as soon as there is less light. The downside with all Sony devices is that they a cramped full with software that talk to Chinese servers.
The S6 camera is also less good than the Sony Z3 camera...
If you are related to defense or law enforcement you should not operate a Sony, Huawei, Honor, Xiaomi device. Then you should use a Microsoft, Samsung, LG or HTC.
I personally did an analysis of the Z3 to China data traffic, we banned Sony phones for corporate use along with the other Chinese stuff.

Sony Xperia's are global phones, and the My Xperia app on these devices would connect to both Google's cloud, and Baidu for people in Asia. Baidu is not malware, this was an incident that was overblown by a bunch of paranoid Americans. There's plenty of stories about this, and I believe Sony said that they would remove the Baidu folder on these devices in America.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Samsung said that statistics show that most phones that have SD card never get that space used so that's why they decided not to have one on S6. Maybe I'm wrong but i think I read somewhere that W10 will have Usb hosting and you always have one drive so... plenty of space.
Yeah I wanna see the S6 against my almost a year old(hardware) 930.

Yes. I can testify for the space factor. I use a L1530 with 32GB internal space, a 64GB microsd and 30GB of OneDrive. That gives me a total of 126GB of space. Considering I take tons of photographs on my trips, I still have lot of space left.

Even without the 64GB micro sd, I still have 62GB of space. I fell that's good enough.

Kallekleiven

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a 930 and I'm going to buy the S6. I really enjoy the 930, but both the 1520 and the 930 have had their issues and I'm a little tired of it. I love windows phone and I don't really want to go back to Android, but the S6 is a beautiful piece of hardware and has a lot of cool features, so the gadget enthusiasts in me can't be held back. I'm coming back as soon as Microsoft or other companies make a phone that can compete with phones offered on Android and iOS. Anyone share this feeling?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon