04-21-2015 04:56 PM
46 12
tools
    Exactly! I've had the S6 for 3 days now and already have had 2 Twitter updates when WP is still waiting! I miss the typing accuracy though.
    Have you tried SwiftKey? That's the keyboard I use on Android. It's much better than the stock Google keyboard.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    tgp and boxa72 like this.
    04-14-2015 03:39 PM
    Have you tried SwiftKey? That's the keyboard I use on Android. It's much better than the stock Google keyboard.

I use Swiftkey. I've been using it since forever, and it's very accurate!
    Laura Knotek and boxa72 like this.
    04-14-2015 04:10 PM

Yeah I am using that but now I've worked the settings out its fine now lol
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-14-2015 06:30 PM
    Got the Note 4 and like it. Kept my ICON to see how Win 10 will be and guess what, no Win 10 for the 930 and ICON until later. Will keep my ICON incase I start to dislike the Note 4.
    I have both a 925 and 930 so I was lucky to get it on my 925 but ur not missing much as it's buggy AF
    aximtreo likes this.
    04-14-2015 06:33 PM
    I do have a question though. You know how Lumia has MyFreeApp, is there n equivalent for Android?

Sent from my SM-G920I
    Last edited by boxa72; 04-14-2015 at 08:11 PM.
    04-14-2015 07:58 PM
    Maybe its just me but between Facebook, twitter, vine, Skype, qik, what's app, and a gambit of other social media outlets, I'm not heartbroken over not having Snap chat. I can create my own live tile for my Navy Federal access, and I like cloud raiders, and AOE better than clash of clans.
    Laura Knotek and prasath1234 like this.
    04-15-2015 12:59 AM
    Maybe its just me but between Facebook, twitter, vine, Skype, qik, what's app, and a gambit of other social media outlets, I'm not heartbroken over not having Snap chat. I can create my own live tile for my Navy Federal access, and I like cloud raiders, and AOE better than clash of clans.
    Yep and that's fine but there's alot of people who aren't fine with that and MS are missing out from all those people who aren't fine with it. There's not alot MS can do about it either because of Evan Spiegel the ***! Heaps of people are monetising Snapchat and MS are missing out on that too!

Sent from my SM-G920I
    Laura Knotek and prasath1234 like this.
    04-15-2015 02:47 AM
    I really enjoyed my Android when I first got it too, but it was short lived. Come back in 8-10 months and let us know how it is holding up.
    Same can be said about WP, there is only so much the UI can do to keep your interest over wanting apps that are necessary and notifications that work all the time. If you're a phone enthusiast and NOT A FANBOY, you'll likely get bored of each OS and swap between them until you find the one that meets the most of your needs.

For the guys who just like to attack Android and iOS unnecessarily, its clear where your brand loyalty sits. For the rest of us you can converse about all 3 platforms and accept each has their own advantages/disadvantages, its a matter of civil debates and opinions. Of WPC, AC and iMore...WPC is by far the most sensitive bunch, especially the hardcore fanboys who get angry at every single negative complaint regarding WP. Go to the AC, at least the users can openly admit to faults and bugs without going all ape crap.

Why do i still visit WPC? Because im a mobile technology fan (in general), i really do like WP.

Is Android a better OS? For me, and it looks like boxa may be a fan as well (but that could change).
    tgp, boxa72 and prasath1234 like this.
    04-16-2015 09:09 AM
    I'm definitely a fan at the moment. I pretty much got the S6 coz I'm one of those people who has to have the latest and greatest lol if MS had of made a flagship I may of stayed but I I doubt it. I'm totally disillusioned with Microsoft's strategy, to the point where I may as well develop for Android and iOS bcoz that's what Microsoft are doing! And as much as I miss Cortana (I don't really coz I have a 925 and 930) she will probably be on Android soon anyway. I don't really have a preference although I like WP UI the best. I just go with whatever works for me, until it stops working for me. That makes me an enthusiast 😉

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk
    chezm likes this.
    04-16-2015 09:42 AM
    Of WPC, AC and iMore...WPC is by far the most sensitive bunch, especially the hardcore fanboys who get angry at every single negative complaint regarding WP.
    As someone who frequents all 3 of these forums (and uses all 3 platforms) I certainly agree with this. I do think there's an explainable reason for sensitivity here though: WP is currently the underdog. It's not taken off like we all thought it would. WP fans probably feel like the shortest kid in the class; often picked on and disrespected. I think the fanboys of the other platforms need to cool it as well. My mom used to tell me and my siblings that it takes two to fight!

All 4 major platforms (counting BlackBerry) have their strengths and their weaknesses. We're probably creating the pecking order by our preference, our experiences, and/or current market share.
    04-16-2015 10:12 AM
    Same can be said about WP, there is only so much the UI can do to keep your interest over wanting apps that are necessary and notifications that work all the time.
    What I was referring too was performance, not UI. I have not seen any Android, regardless of OS version, not get buggy after about the 8-10 month mark. The same applies for Blackberry. But I have a Lumia 920, 928, iPhone 4S and 5 on my desk that performance wise has been top notch since day one.
    Laura Knotek, tgp and prasath1234 like this.
    04-16-2015 02:33 PM
    What I was referring too was performance, not UI. I have not seen any Android, regardless of OS version, not get buggy after about the 8-10 month mark. The same applies for Blackberry. But I have a Lumia 920, 928, iPhone 4S and 5 on my desk that performance wise has been top notch since day one.
    Unfortunately for me, my 920 got the "resuming" bug. I wasn't able to fix it.

04-16-2015 02:37 PM
    I've seen both WP and Android get buggy, and I've seen both run forever without requiring a reset. Once I got a little over 1,700 hours of up time on my Nexus 5 with KitKat. That's 70 days! On Android, I've only seen buggy ROMs when they're custom ROMs. I've not yet experienced a buggy stock ROM.

I've never had a BlackBerry device, and I've not used an iOS longer than a month or 2 at a time, so I can't speak to those. YMMV on any device.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-16-2015 03:16 PM
    My 930 sometimes got buggy AF! All phones go thru it occasionally but you'll probably see it less now alot of phones are 64bit. My S6 (which is 64bit) was buggy the 1st day but now is as smooth as any WP I've had and I've had a few (520, 620, 820, 925 and 930).
    04-16-2015 08:02 PM
    Sadly, I'm going to be moving to Apple iPhone. I'm sorry but I can't help when my brother, being a ****, tells me he can play a game that I've been keeping up on. Like Hearthstone, which went onto Android and iPhone yesterday. I'm sick of having to hear about games I've wanted to play and they avoid Windows Phone like it was a slutty ROM or something. Hearthstone may be developed for Windows Phone but not until a third party developer decides to go behind Blizzard's back in 2018.

I hate iPhone and Android but iPhone needs more supporters than Windows Phone, sort of. Windows Phone and to my Icon, I love you but seriously, there is nothing you can do about this app-gap, and Windows 10 will not make it any better.
    04-16-2015 11:04 PM
    It totally makes no sense when u consider who owns Xbox!!! Windows Phone should be the king of mobile gaming but it isn't unfortunately
    04-17-2015 07:10 AM
    I got the Galaxy S6 today n I'm loving it although I prefer the WP UI. It's also true that the Microsoft apps are better on Android unfortunately.
    In the exact same boat, I LOVE my S6 edge and having access to my bank app Rogers' centric apps like Shomi, but really miss windows OS and Cortana. Can't have it all, but Windows really screwed up not releasing a flagship in over a year. You make your money off the 520s and other low/midrange, but the 930s/1520/1020 promotes your brand.
    04-19-2015 01:03 AM
    I'm glad everyone is happy with their choice of devices. As I've said in another form post, I have no plans to leave Windows Phone anytime soon. It has and continues to serve my needs. I'm not very app-centric; my bank account information can be accessed through the Mint app and I even have my bible on my phone! I've tried Android and the whole rooting and custom ROM-phase. I've used iOS and have not been impressed and blown away. For me it's BlackBerry and Windows (the latter since it's better supported). My wife and I depend on Office 365 & having it built into our phones is very useful. I know Office 365 is on the other OS and that's fine. I'm not impressed with the big two. I will stay with Windows phone even if global market share drops to below 0.5% because it has served my needs and still does. It's not great by a long shot. However of the three, WP has the MOST potential and promise.
    Last edited by oviedofreak82; 04-21-2015 at 04:08 PM.
    Laura Knotek and wpn00b like this.
    04-19-2015 01:56 AM

I used to use Swiftkey but found it started to lag at points...i really do like the Google Stock keyboard, much more than the Samsung keyboard thats for sure (but i do like with Samsungs you can adjust the size).
    04-20-2015 11:29 AM
    I only ever used Nokia so this is my first phone from someone else. Yes Windows Phone does have the most potential but Microsoft isn't using it! Imaging being a stand out example. While Microsoft, for whatever reason, failed to launch a flagship, the competition haven't just caught up, they've overtaken. The Galaxy S6 takes images that have to be seen to be believed. They're incredible! After Nokia handed Microsoft a massive lead in that area Microsoft have squandered it. Like I've said I much prefer the Windows UI and I hope they get it together with Windows 10 for phones. The desktop version already looks incredible but the phone version feels like an afterthought unfortunately. I want them to succeed badly but I think it's going to take alot longer than everyone thinks.
    Laura Knotek, wpn00b and chezm like this.
    04-21-2015 01:46 AM
    If these rumors are true, Microsoft's pending flagship is going to blow the competition out of the water: http://www.latinopost.com/articles/1...ice-rumors.htm
    04-21-2015 04:56 PM
46 12