If Nokia creates Android smartphones, which one would you choose?

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
There is no chance I would get an Android Nokia. I use Windows Phone (or Windows phones as they will become). I happen to use a Nokia 920 just because it had WP8 on it. My next phone will likely be a Microsoft Lumia 1030/1040. So while I am impressed with my Nokia 920, I only have it because it was a Windows Phone. I know there's people that use Windows Phone because they wanted a Nokia, but that's not me.

I would get an iPhone before I got an Android unless of some horrible happenstance, no matter who makes it.

Don Geronimo

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
The main reason I loved Nokia phones in the past was very simple: it was very difficult to find a penta-band phone (albeit, nowadays penta-band 3G is not too worrisome because of 4G LTE). I'd be able to carry my E7-00 around the world, plop in local prepaid SIM cards, and be reasonably sure that I'd always have access to phone calls, texts, e-mail, calendar, Skype/SIP/Lync, and other basic things I would need to stay communicating. That rationale ... Really isn't there anymore, but my brand loyalty is, even if it's just a curiosity.

I don't think I would get a Nokia smart phone in the future, but I would be very interested in what they would come up with. I could see them taking advantage of their work with the Nokia X, or perhaps taking CyanogenMod for a spin. I doubt they'd try to do a different OS this time around, though.

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Trust whatever pre-MSFT-bought Nokia like my 1020, or 1520, 930 for now. the rest is up to the future to decide.

nuff said. but personally unless one day Android swaps their terrible engine for something closer to WP, I won't be getting another Android, Nokia or not.

And does anyone have any idea here how to get rid of PowerManagerService.WakeLocks on LOL-iPoop? it is keeping my phone awake 100%. *Android problems. Rooted or not*

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Why choose when your under no obligation to use either as a daily driver?

Simply, just use both as with the beauty of the cloud (onedrive) everything can sync from one device to another - the mobility of the experience.

If I was to get one, I would probably root it and change certain defaults :p.

anon(9226130)

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
So why I'm chooses WP? Because Nokia.. And if Nokia creates a new phone with good design and launcher, (Not like Nokia X, X is a **** phone) I choose Nokia with Android. But I loved WP and I will using my Lumia as my secondary phone. Sorry for my bad English.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Heck no. I'm a Lumia fan. Not a Nokia fan. Give me my pureview and Lumia exclusives.

I'd never use android if I can help it. It's awful. If Lumia went away because Microsoft sropped making them, I guess id have to settle for one of HTC and Samsung barely supported products before I moved to android.

andraeseus

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
It;'s hard to tell. Nokia and Microsoft seem to be trying to find their way. its no telling what the marketing retards at their respective departments will do. I vowed never to buy a windows phone again after windows mobile 6 and went back to Nokia and Symbian. Loved the n900, the n9, n95 etc. However, with M$ buying Nokia I had no real choice in the matter as I desired nothing from Android and Apple. It forced me to give windows another look. I passed on wp7 (happy I did) and made the plung with a unlocked developer edition Lumia 920. Best camera ever. next was the 810, and then the 925, and finally a Lumia 1520. But now.. Nokia is adopting android and Microsoft is doing hardware. I am again about to meet a cross road. I will have to make a big decision. Microsoft wants a navigation experience like android and Apple. Nokia just wants to be relevant and appear to be desperate in there plight. tough decision. It will prob be Nokia android phone. I have come to love wp8 and cant wait to see how the convergence with wp10 and tablet/laptop/desktop devices. Ok ok, I got it. I will stick with windows even though I appreciate Nokia's innovation through out the years I cant trust them. They are not the same company that they once were. I need a big company with brick and mortar stores and official support. those of you who know maemo 5 no hat I mean. Never again am I shipping a phone off to Palco for repairs and waiting weeks to hear anything from them. So yeah, convergence, big company with official support.. that's enough for me to stick with windows. If I have spare cash I may get another nokia as a hobby or something.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Always been a Nokia fan, from the days of the 8200. However I never bought one of their Symbian phones once I got on to WM so there's no chance I would buy anything of theirs running android. WP8 (not Hamburger OS) or nothing!

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Well nokia of the old is no more... The full team is now in microsoft. They may probably licence the name to foxconnn or something...
But yeah if they make a real flagship with market leading camera and specs why not?
I don't care if its android... google makes sure android users have top class experience atleast with their apps...

Someone above you already posted a link that absolutely proves the "full team" is not at Microsoft.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Personally? I'd have to see what they're offering in features and specs. Then take a good long look at their take of an Android interface. If they cough up something like the N1 Tablet they recently released. I'd certainly consider them.

MarkusDindu

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I want Nokia to make a polycarbonate phone shaped similar to the 920. All of the Lumia's Microsoft makes are shaped like regular candy bar phones. It almost makes me wonder if Nokia is holding certain designs to themselves.

Last edited:

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Lumia. I'm WP all day. Was never a true Nokia fan. In fact, I waited out the Sammy ATIV hoping it would come to ATT, but it never did, so I relented and went with the 920.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I think the real question behind all this is why... why would they want to get back into phones when they sold out of them? It's not like all the other phone companies are making buckets of money... you have companies like Xi (and Microsoft) basically giving phones away virtually at cost to grow market share and promote their services. Why would Nokia want to jump into a zero margin game? Sure they might sell a few Android phones to devoted Nokia fans, but that's not going to win any awards for numbers.

No, I wouldn't choose a Nokia Android phone. Happy with Windows phone here.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
The sun has long set on Nokia phones. They did not make it when they were on top; how can you expect them to make it now when they don't really exist as a smartphne producer. Nokia was my first cell phone and my first smartphone. Both were outstanding and the original (6010) still works fine. But I know when its time to quit. An its time to quit. Lets remember them for what they were; not what they have become. The end.

Last edited:

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure Windows Central is the place for you to ask this and wait for unbiased answers =P Of course people here will always pick a Windows Phone over an Android. Well...99% of people here, at least.

I think you know my answer to your question. I'm the 1% lol ;P

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Definitely always Windows Phone. Nokia phones wouldn't even be the phones they were. Those are Microsoft phones now. I'm a Windows Phone fan more than Nokia. The beautiful, fast, easy-to-use OS is just too good. Android~ Not so much.

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
The beauty of being a consumer is the fact that I can buy whatever I want. Would I get a Nokia Android phone just for the Nokia name? Nope. Would I get one if it was appealing with great specs and a good price? Yes. Why? Because I buy based on quality of device, appeal, and price point. Also, I have the freedom to buy and use whatever I want.

Never been a ****** of any product. They have their strengths and weaknesses. I've said this before, and I'll say it again:
I'm just as loyal to a product/OS/company as it is loyal to me.
...which is saying a lot.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
So let's say Nokia returns to smartphone/tablet making. They won't run Android, they'll run Sailfish OS. Think of it this way, they don't want to make a deal with a company again, like Microsoft or Google (to install Google Play services). They'll probably start off independent and not relying on anyone. I can't blame them if they choose Sailfish, just from their website alone it looks pretty.

https://sailfishos.org/

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So let's say Nokia returns to smartphone/tablet making. They won't run Android, they'll run Sailfish OS. Think of it this way, they don't want to make a deal with a company again, like Microsoft or Google (to install Google Play services). They'll probably start off independent and not relying on anyone. I can't blame them if they choose Sailfish, just from their website alone it looks pretty.

https://sailfishos.org/
Would it have any apps? I cannot see it having a good app store.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999