06-12-2015 01:04 PM
167 ... 4567
tools
    I own several WPs, but seriously? There is NO comparison. One phone is a great phone and a massive juggernaut of a success, one is a great phone on a near dead platform. Other than the 6 people on this thread who cares? Clearly Microsoft doesn't.
    sweatshopking and nmco9 like this.
    05-29-2015 10:41 PM
    I totally agree on your comment regarding that most of the Iphoners are not tech junkies.
    and then i ask should you be a tech junkie to begin with ?

nowdays software is all about being more intuitive and natural and i think windows phone manages that in a great way so, I believe the problem that microsoft needs to tackle is how they relate to customers in a way that is satisfying to both.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-29-2015 10:47 PM
    from the recent leaks and talks about google and apple, they seem to be focusing more on iot, with few big features being added to the phone os. After 10, there are going to be lots of little update since microsoft will have more control over the update process. If any features are added in android or ios, microsoft can catch up, quickly next time and even has chances to even surpass the others in some places
    we've literally been waiting for microsoft to catch up since 2007. It ain't happening.
    rdubmu and n m like this.
    05-30-2015 07:39 AM
    we've literally been waiting for microsoft to catch up since 2007. It ain't happening.
    But at least with the W10 they try to get closer. And the purchase of Nokia is also a step in the good direction. And the many new low/ mid level phones sell good.

But no guarantees and I do not want to try and convince you that they will catch up.
    If you think it's not going to happen then that's okay.
    For me above is enough to stay with windows phones.
    05-30-2015 08:04 AM
    Price/value aside which one do you think is superior? Especially camera

Just curious

Ps: Lumia 640xl vs iPhone 6+ ?
    the currently available applications ("coming soon" does not count as an application), waterproof accessories, and availability of screen replacements in every city across the planet for the iPhone makes it the winner, for me.

sure, you may be able to zoom in 10% more on a photo with the lumia, or store twice as many digital files on it, but the handsets are well past the "good enough" watermark on the hardware front.

at this point, if there isn't software development, they're isn't a future for the device, so the iPhone wins.
    sweatshopking likes this.
    05-30-2015 08:24 AM
    The iPhone is a good product. But there are a lot of people blindly buying Apple products becouse of the fact its an Apple product. They no longer educate themselfs about other products that might be better, or better suited for there needs.

This kind of behaviour is where the whole iSheep thingy comes from, and in some cases its a valid point to be made, take the Apple Watch for example ;-)
    raycpl, shadow118 and badcat like this.
    05-30-2015 09:56 AM
    For about twice the price (pls don't say its cheaper if on carrier subsidised deals) I expect it to be twice as good as the 830. Which of course it isn't.
    05-30-2015 10:52 AM
    The iPhone is a good product. But there are a lot of people blindly buying Apple products becouse of the fact its an Apple product. They no longer educate themselfs about other products that might be better, or better suited for there needs.

This kind of behaviour is where the whole iSheep thingy comes from, and in some cases its a valid point to be made, take the Apple Watch for example ;-)
    That is indeed true but Apple got these fans by making a good product, creating the app support AND creating the "feel good / better" with an Apple product.
    Apple did a very good job in creating the believe (and it does not matter if it is true or not) that Apple is special and gives "status". And you can not blame a company to attract and keep customers.

But this makes it more difficult to get Apple fans to change to another OS because it's not only hardware/apps but also the "feeling" you have to "beat".
    Or in other (overdone) words. If you have a Apple you "made it" and if you have another device your "less".

So yes you have indeed ISheep but I would not mind to see the windows phone market share go to 15 % and 10% of them where MSsheep.
    bo_woods likes this.
    05-30-2015 11:00 AM
    Then why are you in Windows Central where we DO believe that it is possible for them to catch up?
    Harrie-S likes this.
    05-30-2015 11:39 AM
    Then why are you in Windows Central where we DO believe that it is possible for them to catch up?
    ​boredom.
    nmco9 and colinkiama like this.
    05-30-2015 06:34 PM
    I bought an iPhone because my work had a required app I needed that wasn't on windows phone. I first went android, then tried iPhone, it isn't just the apps that are available, the app quality is light years ahead of android, and most of the time not even available or never updated with new features on windows phone. The operating system, the ecosystem make an iPhone value more than double of a 830.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-30-2015 09:12 PM
    I have a 735 and iPhone 6. Both are 4.7' screen resolutions. But the iPhone 6 is just leaps over the 735! It so much faster in every way and you get the most and best apps too from the Apple itune store. Screen quality is close to that of the iPhone 6 since one is 316 and the other is 326. 735 looks to me to be sharper. The quality and feel of the iPhone 6 on another plane. Metal vs. polycarbonate. You also will find tons upon tons of accessories for the iPhone 6 and my iPhone is the "unlocked" model so it has radios for all of North America including the U.S.; and EU and parts of Far East including Japan. I have an international 735 so it is unlocked too but the radios are still limited compare to the iPhone 6 unlocked. It has like 2 pages of specs just on the radios that are built-in to this model.

I been a WP fan since the 800 but use mostly iPhone for my daily driver. I love technology and play around with it. But Microsoft in the U.S. does not know how to sell it's Lumia brand WP!
    Last edited by Harry Wild; 05-31-2015 at 12:53 AM.
    Laura Knotek and nmco9 like this.
    05-31-2015 12:36 AM
    The 735 and iPhone are in different leagues. One costs 3-4 times the price of the other.

It is amazing the 735 is so good for the money. As you say, screen is great and you can run so many great apps. IPhone of course has the edge there but no where near as far as it was a year ago.
    05-31-2015 08:37 AM
    ​boredom.
    So your iPhone bores you? iPhones bore me too...
    Last edited by badcat; 05-31-2015 at 09:43 AM.
    Vijay_Anand likes this.
    05-31-2015 09:20 AM
    So your iPhone bores you? iPhones bore me too...
    I don't own an iphone. I own an icon, which i got after my 1520, which i got after my 1020, which i got after my 920, which i got after my 8x, which i got after my samsung focus, which i got after my lg quantum, which i got after my LG optimus 7.

badcat likes this.
    05-31-2015 09:53 AM
    An alternative question would be: Do most people need an iPhone 6, or any other high end phone? Most people use their phones for pics and social media apps, and I highly doubt a flagship is needed for any of that.
    Truth of the matter is, people just want to have the next big thing, even if they're not using it to its full capacity.
    05-31-2015 10:15 AM
    I've never owned an iPhone, or had one as a phone. My wife has had then I'm the past and I couldn't stand how restrictively simple the OS was. It drove me nuts to try and do simple things on it, but I am more used to Android honestly. Android and windows feels like they are more user friendly in that respect.

I think it really comes down to support honestly. I think the iPhone is a better phone simply because apple actually supports and knows what they are doing with it. Windows seems like they are all over the place with their mobile market and THAT drives me nuts.

I've been going back and forth between Android and windows phones for about 4 years now and it kinda feels like Microsoft is confused. I hope it stops with wp10 but the way they do things it doesn't seem like it will. I liked the initial idea of a phone OS that brings everything together in one place; groups, me tile, people hub, all awesome ideas that just needed to be built up and instead of doing that they chose to try and be more like the competition. I don't care for the notification bar I think it's redundant when you have live tiles. I think a side opening charm bar would have been way more unique and it could have functions the same way and still be different.

I love my 830 and I'll never get an iPhone but apple wins unfortunately simply because they have a plan. Something ms seemed to have when wp7 was released and is gone now.
    colinkiama likes this.
    05-31-2015 10:24 AM
    If I have to pick I would prefer iPhone 6. I may miss physical shooting button. If you compare it to 930 it's another story.

It's not I dislike. 830 but time wise 6 better
    05-31-2015 10:36 AM
    I don't own an iphone. I own an icon, which i got after my 1520, which i got after my 1020, which i got after my 920, which i got after my 8x, which i got after my samsung focus, which i got after my lg quantum, which i got after my LG optimus 7.

My mistake.
    05-31-2015 11:34 AM
    so if it costs more its better right...are you not easily marketed my friend...have fun at abercrombie
    05-31-2015 11:56 AM
    I've never owned an iPhone, or had one as a phone. My wife has had then I'm the past and I couldn't stand how restrictively simple the OS was. It drove me nuts to try and do simple things on it, but I am more used to Android honestly. Android and windows feels like they are more user friendly in that respect.

I think it really comes down to support honestly. I think the iPhone is a better phone simply because apple actually supports and knows what they are doing with it. Windows seems like they are all over the place with their mobile market and THAT drives me nuts.

I've been going back and forth between Android and windows phones for about 4 years now and it kinda feels like Microsoft is confused. I hope it stops with wp10 but the way they do things it doesn't seem like it will. I liked the initial idea of a phone OS that brings everything together in one place; groups, me tile, people hub, all awesome ideas that just needed to be built up and instead of doing that they chose to try and be more like the competition. I don't care for the notification bar I think it's redundant when you have live tiles. I think a side opening charm bar would have been way more unique and it could have functions the same way and still be different.

I love my 830 and I'll never get an iPhone but apple wins unfortunately simply because they have a plan. Something ms seemed to have when wp7 was released and is gone now.
    I have a dell venue 8 pro, and the usage model with full windows 8.1 is far superior vs windows phone 8.1. when i grab my icon i constantly try to swipe apps in from the side, and close by dragging from the top. they really blew it when they copied android and didn't follow through with their superior usage design. my phone is much less functional than my tablet, and that sucks. I wish i could get the desktop interface on my phone. it's far better.
    05-31-2015 12:17 PM
    I have a dell venue 8 pro, and the usage model with full windows 8.1 is far superior vs windows phone 8.1. when i grab my icon i constantly try to swipe apps in from the side, and close by dragging from the top. they really blew it when they copied android and didn't follow through with their superior usage design. my phone is much less functional than my tablet, and that sucks. I wish i could get the desktop interface on my phone. it's far better.
    That is the laptop dude
    05-31-2015 12:47 PM
    Were you expecting your phone to be more functional than a tablet? Also, I'm not understanding your complaint. You seem to be trying to use them the same and then complaining when they don't work the same. :\
    05-31-2015 01:52 PM
    so if it costs more its better right...are you not easily marketed my friend...have fun at abercrombie
    The cost isn't what makes the iPhone 6 better, several things about the phone itself does that well enough.
    05-31-2015 01:54 PM
    I have a 930 and an Iphone 6+. I keep switching them on and off. When Im with the iphone 6 I need the 930 and when Im with the 930 I need the Iphone 6. For example, today I was at the airport, I forgot to check in online so I grabbed my phone and want to do the online check in on my phone and I had the 930 with me but the airline app was on the iphone 6. Anyway, I guess you canta have it all.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-31-2015 02:40 PM
167 ... 4567