I left for the Moto G 2015. I came back.

rcloke91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
So I went to the MS Store and bought another one with a flip case. Because, ya know, why not.

Main gripe about the flip case: no magnets, so no real protection from falls. Weak.

Picking up the one with the cracked screen, I dunno. It's not that bad. It's one single crack all the way across. Can't feel it so I don't think it's all the way through. Might return the one I just bought and keep it.

Decisions: they're not easy.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
As a daily Android user, I understand the battery concerns.

I also understand that this is said about every major Android software update, but I truly beileve that M will finally fix a lot of the battery issues with Android. And the Moto G, being a Moto phone with no heavy skin or whatever, will get M pretty quickly. I'm personally very excited for it. I went from a OnePlus One to the new Moto G and I'm very much enjoying it, personally. Android M will also change how Android handles SD cards, becoming exactly like it's handled by Windows Phone now.

And yes, I own a Lumia 640, too.

I have a Nexus 7, a Xiaomi Mi Note Pro and a Alcatel Idol OneTouch 3. The SoT is about the same or less with bigger batteries compared to my Lumia 635 or Lumia 840. Every Android version Google promises to deliver on battery life but seems to fail miserably.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about pricing globally. Didn't mean to be US-centric, but comparing the 1gb/8gb unlocked 640/G 2015 models available, they're comparable. $179 for the G, ~$175 for the 640 via Expansys.

Depends on the source, you quoted Expansys USA. I can get the XL LTE for $189 unlocked which is a much better phone than Moto G 2015....

TheJackah

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently on a Moto G but as soon as the new Windows Phones come out I'm switching over.

Posted via the Windows Central App

Mathias Lindberg

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I was considering the Moto G 2015, but decided to grab the Lumia 830 for the same price instead. Never having used the 930 nor 830, I wasn't sure what to expect, but it's seriously the best phone I've ever used. It's surprisingly light, the metal feels really good in the hands, and all the curves makes it a lot more enjoyable for phone calls than my pokey 630. I wanted a good camera, not just in the perfect light, as I often take photos in-doors, and it's good to hear I made the right choice :).

Only thing I dislike about Windows Phone is that many of the apps, especially the Danish apps for Denmark only, haven't been updated since 2012-2013.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
3. The camera is advertised as "The same sensor that in the Nexus 6"

Sorry, but I blame YOU here, mate. Everyone under the sun knows that Motorola cameras s*ck. They've been cr*p for 3 generations now. The Nexus 6 included. Motorola always over-promise and under-deliver when it comes to camera. Don't let yourself be fooled.

ran off to Android, but if this is the norm for Android

It's not. That's a fault of Motorola and the retailer. They created two phones, the retailer wasn't informed/didn't bother to make it clear the specifications.
And honestly, if I had the luck of being in a country served by Moto Maker and wanted to buy a Motorola, I would have gotten it from Motorola. On Moto Maker you can choose pretty much everything on the phone. Storage size, colours, accents, backs etc.

But that "fragmentation" doesn't really exist on Android overall. You have a ton of models, but seldom do you get two versions of the same phone. The only other phone that I know of that had a similar problem was Sony's Xperia M4 Aqua, but Sony didn't make the two versions available in the same country.

Every new phone is being advertised as having a great battery life

The only Android OEM that actually fulfils the promise of long battery life is Sony. I can tell you from personal experience that I simply can't kill the battery on my Z3C on a normal day of average to heavy use. That said, of course, the more you ask the phone to do, the more battery it consumes. If WP did half of what Android can do, you'd see battery draining a lot faster too (and for example the battery life on the 930 is appalling).

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
The new version of the Moto G (3rd gen) actually addressed the camera issue, and it's supposed to be really good now (finally!).

I actually considered the Moto G for myself as well a while back but then went full retard with a Lumia 635 and later 830. Long story short: huge mistake, went crawling back to iOS after two Lumias and six months for various reasons. Quite possible that the story would've ended exactly the same would I have chosen the Moto G instead, who knows. If it wasn't so friggin' huge (the Lumia 830 has taught me, among other things, that a 5" phone is waaaaaaaaay too large for me, and even 4.5" is uncomfortably large already) I might've taken a closer look again.

Tips_y

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Was an Android user since ?clair and left during Ice Cream Sandwich and the beginning of Jelly Bean for Windows Phone. I first tried WP during WP7 days and became a full convert during WP8.1. I liked Android while I was using it but never truly loved it the way I love Windows phone so I'm never going to leave.

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I've been in a similar boat for a while back n forth between Android and WP, now settled for a while hopefully:) on a Lumia 640 and a Nexus 7 2013 tablet, just so much prefer the WP, i think its the live tiles and pin anything to the home screen that does it for me...Ive been all around the houses with so many devices, Iphone 6, 6 plus, S5, HTC one m7, m8, Note 3, Xperia Z3, Z2...Nokia 930...now have the amazing L640, love it.

Shubham Sangam

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I know that crappy thing "Lagdroid". I used some of lumia's but not any android phone and i bet, Microsoft:love: is better than ever not only for specs but for look, feel, design. And Welcome back.

Satyendra Nair

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
This post actually makes me not regret my decision of getting a Lumia 640XL instead of the Moto G 3rd Gen, 16GB variant.
Thanks, man! I had been wondering ever since I ordered my phone, whether I made the right decision, going for the former, instead of the latter.

Furt

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
This post actually makes me not regret my decision of getting a Lumia 640XL instead of the Moto G 3rd Gen, 16GB variant.
Thanks, man! I had been wondering ever since I ordered my phone, whether I made the right decision, going for the former, instead of the latter.

You 100% made the right choice.

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I did the same thing with the Droid Turbo! I was frustrated with the long delay of a new Flagship Windows phone and put my Lumia Icon aside and tried the DT for a couple of months. Loved the screen size and quality but in the end it was Android and not Windows Mobile. So off it went on ebay ( I had bought it outright on Verizon) and reactivated my Lumia Icon. I even bought a second Icon to load Win10 on to see how it's coming along. I'm hoping the next Preview build will finally be the one I can use on my Primary phone! It's very close now, but Cortana doesn't read texts, etc. over Bluetooth yet and that's important for me so I'm still on Win 8.1!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss