Windows 10 Mobile or Android?

Yuri Kechoyan

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I am a sophomore in college double majoring in Business Admin and Management Information Systems. I have gotten bored of my iPhone recently. I have had an iPhone since the 4S. I have the 6 right now. And over time, the excitement for me has deteriorated. It became bland and boring really fast. With Android Marshmallow being announced today and with Windows 10 Mobile OS coming soon, I need something that "Just Works!" and between 5" - 5.5". This tends to be the sweet stop. Anything larger is entering tablet territory. Any suggestions on Android phones that are superior among the rest? I know that Nexus = pure Android. Also, on Windows Mobile, I'm waiting for the Lumia 950 and 950 XL.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Best check out the people over at Android Central for since we focus on the Windows of Phones here.

If not Nexus, I recommend the Moto X. I'd personally consider a Galaxy S something if I was planning on throwing a custom ROM on it. LG's G3 and G4 have been received well, but I think they might be on the larger end.

Moto E or G if on a budget, no question.

BluWarrior

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
If you need lots of apps, double check that they are all in the windows store if you do go windows phone route. Windows is definatly not a boring os, and works pretty well, but the app store is still small although growing.

AdamSwing

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I think win 10 is a good system to heat the world. And the microsoft now is focusing on their portable devices. So it becomes a great choice to get a win 10 phone.

rcloke91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I'll echo the Moto X 2014 or Moto G 2015 as very good choices on the Android front. They do "just work." Same for the Moto E, albeit without a higher-resolution screen or usable camera.

On the WP front, I'd imagine the Lumia 640/735 or something in that range would be a good choice for you, too. The 640 is likely cheap enough to test the WP waters and see if it suits you.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
There are plenty of decent quality low cost devices from both platforms, as mentioned in the posts above. One thing to consider is the apps you will need. WP's app ecosystem is not as full featured as Android's, so if you decide to go that route first make sure that what you need is available. If all you need is there, you won't go wrong either way.

Bosgarage57

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I received my bachelor's in business admin as well, good luck to you! I've been a loyal android fan for about 4 years now, coming from the Palm Pre days. I loved my Note 2 and currently rock an Lg G4. I too love the 5.5 screen size. I am however looking for an Ativ SE or Icon to play w windows 10. I love anything tech so find myself switching back and forth. I am not an iDevice guy, but my work requires it for work phones. I think defiantly see if W1 0 has the apps you need if not then look and android

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Yuri Kechoyan

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I think defiantly see if W10 has the apps you need

Thank you so much! It seems that 75% of the apps that I use are in the Windows Store. The only things that concern me are the apps for killing time and for entertainment. (i.e. mobile games - Tiny Wings (iOS exclusive), Fruit Ninja, etc.).

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6, a Samsung galaxy s6 edge, an Icon, Lumia 830 and a 640XL ad to be honest I like the windows phones overall. Yes android does have some things wp is missing but not enough for me to go android and iPhone is well just blah.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The only things that concern me are the apps for killing time and for entertainment. (i.e. mobile games - Tiny Wings (iOS exclusive), Fruit Ninja, etc.).

Theoretically, if you want your iOS-exclusive apps on another platform, it's possible that it might come to Windows 10 first just because porting is supposed to be really easy with the new tools. Whether it's as easy as it's supposed to be and the dev feels like doing it are another matter altogether, of course. Basically, I'm just saying that it will no longer be guaranteed that iOS apps will be ported to Android before Windows.

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Windows Mobile 10 trying hard to be an Android and iOS clone , so it's Android for me..

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster