My wife is due for a new phone and has been using the 925 for that past 2+ years and used a Windows 7 phone before that. She loves her camera on the 925 but it has been acting up recently. The camera is probably one of the top priorities for her new phone. The 950 seems like it will be the perfect phone, however, the Samsung G6 has been on pretty good sale recently and is on sale today for 399 unlocked on amazon (us). It's quite a bit cheaper than the 950. From everything I have read, it sounds like the G6's camera is about the same as the 950. I would like to stay with the ease of windows phone, just not sure I can for the price difference. I am currently using the 640 since my 8x died and am thinking of getting the 950 soon, but with the price of phone being so high, not sure I can justify it especially if I get my wife an android. Just not sure what to do, ugh. I might end up just waiting a month or two to see when Microsoft changes the price of the 950 to a better price.
    11-30-2015 07:54 AM
    Is she attached to the Windows OS or is she indifferent? It could be worth it to try it out if she isn't as attached. Check the return policy though, that's super important.
    11-30-2015 08:49 AM
    I don't think that she is too attached to it, never used anything else and is not a fan of IOS. As long as facebook, calendar and multiple e-mail accounts work, then she will probably be happy as long as the camera is great.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-30-2015 09:10 AM
    Okay, I'll bite...What's a "G6"? Did I miss something, or are you having problems with your "S" key?
    11-30-2015 10:20 AM
    G6 = Galaxy S6. At least that would be my logical assumption.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    11-30-2015 10:38 AM
    Let me ask this...

If something wasn't working right, how comfortable are each of you troubleshooting on an Android? How flexible is she with picking up new tech?

If both of these questions are answered good or better, save some $.That seems a very salient point in the OP. Priorities are just that. Rankings of the pros and cons. I'd put comfort with the "new" up there with price in the rankings.
    libra89 and xandros9 like this.
    11-30-2015 11:49 AM
    Is the Galaxy S6 the only Android phone being considered? Since the camera is a top priority, she should also consider the LG G4. It is a bit closer to stock Android, and the camera is at least as good as the S6's. The laser focus is super fast!

That said, my wife has the S6 Edge, and the camera is indeed stellar. There are plenty of reviews putting it at or near the top of the list.
    11-30-2015 12:04 PM
    How about the lg v10? It's definitely a large phone, but the camera is an improved version of the g4's. My gf has one and it takes excellent pictures and videos.

If your wife has been happy with previous windows phone's, she might like the new 950/XL. However, there are definitely some issues that will most likely be fixed with future updates. The battery life and the glass back (dumbest idea ever imo) are the two biggest downfalls of the gs6.
    11-30-2015 12:35 PM
    Best camera for Android right now are the Nexus 6P , GS6 Plus, and Note 5

Priv screen goes up
    12-01-2015 01:25 PM
    My wife is due for a new phone and has been using the 925 for that past 2+ years and used a Windows 7 phone before that. She loves her camera on the 925 but it has been acting up recently. The camera is probably one of the top priorities for her new phone. The 950 seems like it will be the perfect phone, however, the Samsung G6 has been on pretty good sale recently and is on sale today for 399 unlocked on amazon (us). It's quite a bit cheaper than the 950. From everything I have read, it sounds like the G6's camera is about the same as the 950. I would like to stay with the ease of windows phone, just not sure I can for the price difference. I am currently using the 640 since my 8x died and am thinking of getting the 950 soon, but with the price of phone being so high, not sure I can justify it especially if I get my wife an android. Just not sure what to do, ugh. I might end up just waiting a month or two to see when Microsoft changes the price of the 950 to a better price.
    Well its not every then and now a smartphone with ISO-12600 is released so please do compare these feature too . Deeeply
    12-01-2015 01:39 PM
    Best camera for Android right now are the Nexus 6P , GS6 Plus, and Note 5

Priv screen goes up
    I honestly think the v10 is right up there too. May not be the best, but it's at least equal.
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-01-2015 02:01 PM
    Guys... I think the #1 thing the OP was looking at was a great price at the moment of posting...

Samsung G6 has been on pretty good sale recently and is on sale today for 399 unlocked on amazon (us).
    Got links for bargains on your recommendations?
    12-01-2015 03:24 PM
    Thanks for the insight everybody. Still not sure what I am going to do. The phone is now back up to 499 on amazon.

I can not link to it yet because I don't have enough posts. I just went to Amazon and searched for a Samsung Galaxy S6 unlocked.

Target has a 200 gift card if you buy the phone form them, even on the AT&T next program. I don't know much about the android phones so I think I am going to do some more research as to what the best phone with the best camera for the money is.
    libra89 and RumoredNow like this.
    12-02-2015 09:38 AM