Windows phone

Aranya Tantu

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
I am thinking that why one should use windows phones? As their is lack of apps and every first party apps are better on other platforms. Microsoft promised to release w10m in December but they failed to do that . Even windows 10 Mobile is so much buggy and incomplete. It is far away from a competitive OS. So is that time come for us to jump from the OS for enjoying something more that we can't find in windows phones?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
every first party apps are better on other platforms
That's a bit of a generalised quote, have you tried all first party apps?

Microsoft promised to release w10m in December but they failed to do that
No they planned to release it in Q4 2015, which now looks like it will be early 2016. No promises made.
Even windows 10 Mobile is so much buggy and incomplete
The latest build 10586.36 runs great on my Lumia 535 and I would recommend it as a daily driver on that particular handset.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I don't really care what pathetic arrogance the media is spouting out about Windows 10 Mobile. I'm enjoying it, I love it.

Has anyone ever noticed that it is always the exact same argument? "Windows phones don't have apps." They never have anything else to say. I'm quite tired of it. I have all the apps I need and I love watching more come in every day. 99% of the people who complain about apps on Windows phones don't even know what's missing, or what's worse. They have no clue what they're talking about, they're just repeating what they heard from the media, or from somebody else who doesn't have a clue what they're talking about.

Microsoft never promised anything. If waiting longer for a slightly more stable operating system is what we need to do, then fine, I can wait. Either way, I already have Windows 10 Mobile on my Nokia Lumia 830 because of the Windows Insider Program, and there are already three phones running Windows 10 Mobile. You have options to get Windows 10 Mobile now.

Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586.36 has been great on my Nokia Lumia 830, and there's a constant influx of updates to the core applications to make them better. I'm happy, and I wouldn't go back to Windows Phone 8.1 now.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I am thinking that why one should use windows phones? As their is lack of apps and every first party apps are better on other platforms. Microsoft promised to release w10m in December but they failed to do that . Even windows 10 Mobile is so much buggy and incomplete. It is far away from a competitive OS. So is that time come for us to jump from the OS for enjoying something more that we can't find in windows phones?

For me the main reason to use a windows phone is simple.
Iphones are too expensive for me and I do not like the bloatware on Androids.
And personally I do not have a big problem with the "app gap" or the state of the WP OS. So for me there is no reason to change the OS. But if you are unhappy with WP please switch to another OS which makes you happy. Good luck.

Aranya Tantu

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
In wp8.1/8 the office app we have is far away from the office app that you have on the ios and android and the same thing happens with outlook and other apps like one note .
I am not talking about the app gap but the app that we have in the store have not enough quality to beat the android or ios one's .

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
In WP10 the office apps and outlook mail and calendar are already much better then in WP 8.1. Furthermore the office apps on all OS-es are from Microsoft so should Microsoft beat Microsoft?.
Furthermore in the last few weeks these apps get regular updates (and will get more updates). So I still not see a major problem with the quality of the office and outlook mail/calendar apps in WP10. Or in other words this is still not a reason for me to change to another OS.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
In wp8.1/8 the office app we have is far away from the office app that you have on the ios and android and the same thing happens with outlook and other apps like one note .
I am not talking about the app gap but the app that we have in the store have not enough quality to beat the android or ios one's .

Essentially every system application in Windows 10 Mobile is far superior to its counterpart in Windows Phone 8.1 functionality-wise. They're are issues, and they're still not completed, but they're all more powerful than the Windows Phone 8.1 system applications and they all have a thousand times more potential because of the new, intuitive design language. As much as we loved the pivot based, blown-up design language of Windows Phone 8.1, it wasn't powerful enough to give us what we all wanted. In order to give us more power, Microsoft had to replace the design language, and I think it was a very worthy trade.

You also have to remember that Microsoft has rewritten all of these core applications from scratch. They all use a new foundation, new design language, and new feature set. They're all relatively brand new while all the Microsoft counterparts on competitive operating systems have been around for ages. The Outlook client on iOS has been on iOS for far longer then it's been called Outlook. For how long they've been around, these applications are pretty impressive, and they're catching up fast. This is one area where I can see Microsoft really wanting Mobile to have a chance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium