I've been struggling in my new phone selection. It's down to choosing between HTC M9 or Lumia 950. Two very different phone I know. But I'd like to get opinions from people who have moved to 950 from Android.
    01-20-2016 12:12 AM
    This should be interesting... just waiting for the results :D
    libra89 likes this.
    01-20-2016 12:18 AM
    How important is the camera to you? The 950 has a much better camera than the M9. If you get the 950, you should be happy with the camera. If you want an Android device but need a good camera, there are much better options than the M9.
    libra89, ven07 and xandros9 like this.
    01-20-2016 12:21 AM
    Not too keen on camera. After all I'm coming from BlackBerry!!
    Main requirements for me are a very good email client that's on par with BlackBerry. None of the android phones are that good with emails. I've multiple email accounts Gmail, iCloud and exchange. I need all of them in one all mail view ( hub on bb10 is so good!!)

Plus a good messaging app, a very good phone with a good antenna for with no signal issues (I use the phone extensively for calls) and browsing

Not a big fan of apps other than some banking apps

How's the outlook on Windows? Does it have the all mail view? It didn't have it last time when in checked

Lumia costs almost twice as much as HTC (which is a lot cheaper on Kijiji). But it's not a big issue for me .
    01-20-2016 12:30 AM
    Not too keen on camera. After all I'm coming from BlackBerry!!
    Main requirements for me are a very good email client that's on par with BlackBerry. None of the android phones are that good with emails. I've multiple email accounts Gmail, iCloud and exchange. I need all of them in one all mail view ( hub on bb10 is so good!!)
    Aquamail for Android does all that.

Plus a good messaging app, a very good phone with a good antenna for with no signal issues (I use the phone extensively for calls) and browsing
    Browsing is better on Android, since there are many browsers available. You are not limited to Chrome. Windows 10 Mobile is limited in terms of browser options. Antenna/signal is going to vary, based upon network. It's really subjective.

Not a big fan of apps other than some banking apps
    What bank(s) do you use? Banking apps, especially in the US, are limited on Windows 10 Mobile.

How's the outlook on Windows? Does it have the all mail view? It didn't have it last time when in checked

Lumia costs almost twice as much as HTC (which is a lot cheaper on Kijiji). But it's not a big issue for me .
    Do you have any price range that you are looking for?
    ven07 and xandros9 like this.
    01-20-2016 12:52 AM
    When I tried the nexus 6p I used blue mail which is OK. Still not the same as BlackBerry in terms of getting emails instantly on th phone

My bank app is available in Windows - RBC

If it's Android I'm looking at spending around $400 Canadian
    I can get a new m9 for that price
    01-20-2016 09:57 AM
    So here's the update..

Bought the 950 from MS store a week agi and set it all up..beautiful screen and I absolutely love the UI. But windows 10 still has some issues - mai issue is Microsoft edge browser its not as refined as chrome or firefox. Consuming media is not ideal on edge as it gets quite slow.

No Dropbox app on this phone. - it says device incompatible. Which is a big issue for me.

So while I can still in the return period I thought I'll give HTC m9 a try . Bought a brand new one yesterday for a good price.

Man that phone is so ugly compared to Lumia - may be it's the android or the gun metal grey color. I couldn't stand it even while I was setting it up. So after set it up and played with it dor a few hours, ive decided to sell it.

It's mainly because I love the windows UI - so going to stick with 950 even though it has software issues which I hope Microsoft will fix it soon.

Sent from mTalk
    ven07 likes this.
    01-27-2016 10:48 AM
    Maybe the Nextbit Robin is up your alley? I use surfy browser instead of Edge nowadays
    libra89 likes this.
    02-08-2016 12:10 AM