Luma 735 vs ATIV SE

js14873

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I get a phone through work (up to $200 2-year contract price) and am ready for an upgrade in February. I'm currently using an ATIV SE hacked to run Windows 10 and it tends to be a bit buggier than what it would be if I had a phone that MS was actually thinking about when developing W10.

With only older (free with contract) Windows phones left available from VZW, I don't want to use my upgrade on a free one and then not be able to get something new if Verizon gets a flagship within the next 2 years.

So...that brings me to my question...in my situation, would you sacrifice on hardware specs in exchange for a better W10 experience by buying a 735 on Craigslist or eBay to carry over until Verizon may or may not get a flagship; or just keep the ATIV SE indefinitely and keep hoping the next W10 build is the one that is stable on it, as unlikely as that is since Microsoft has implied no intent of W10 for this phone?

Last edited:

js14873

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
That would be more sensible. My logic was being clouded by a sub-$100 new in box 735 on eBay compared to well over $200 for a similar Icon. I could get a mfg refurb Icon to cut the difference in half.

I probably sound like a cheapskate, I'm just not one of those that will go and drop $600 on a phone. If work wasn't footing the bill, I'd be getting mid-range phones 2 years and be perfectly content with that.

EDIT: OMG, I just noticed I must have fat fingered Lumia when I typed the thread title and now it's out there for everybody to see. lol.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte