If that crazy guy had a Windows 10 phone instead of an iPhone, how easily would the FBI/NSA get into his Windows phone.

I ask this question with the idea that Device Encryption is turned on, and the recovery key has not been left on OneDrive.

Any experts out there who can provide a guess as how this would have turned out if I had been MS instead of Apple?
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-19-2016 08:07 PM
    On windows 10 encryption is optional. If that were the case then it is much easier to get to data. With iPhone I think encryption is standard. So that makes things much harder. Further I think ms does not have reset protection enabled even on some of the newer devices. So getting into the phone becomes much easier.
    02-20-2016 03:32 AM
    I believe last time I did a reset, Device Reset Protection had a default setting of "On".
    02-20-2016 12:31 PM
    I believe last time I did a reset, Device Reset Protection had a default setting of "On".
    Somehow I don't see the Reset Protection option on my 950....and when I check at the MS site, it says that my phone can be transferred to anyone without issues....
    02-23-2016 10:03 PM
    I saw a thread on r/Android pop up asking if it were a Nexus 6P in its place. Worth a skim.
    02-23-2016 10:13 PM
    Good question, but I'd "imagine"the FBI has already cracked the iPhone. They need the court to say it's okay, win the case etc. only so they ACT on the information they already have. They are simply stuck with not being able to say how they got whatever evidence they have without saying they broke the law (currently). Apple is having a field day with the implication of an un-crackable phone in the press.

Just a theory...but I'd also not bank on our windows phones putting up a fight when being hacked.
    02-23-2016 10:26 PM
    on a Windows phone, they could easily pop out the SD card and read it on any pc. but guessing a passcode /password on the phone would be the tricky part. Also Windows phone does not force you to use a password, so that's another thing to mention.
    02-24-2016 12:40 AM