Help pick my next phone (on a budget)

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Going to buy a new phone this week. Im not sure whether i should stay with windows or switch to android.. Another reason why i dont want to buy a windows phone is bcz there is no 'better' windows phone in my budget.. 650 is a gorgeous phone and loved the camera but the processor at that price is very disappointing.. Im planning to buy oneplus 2 as it will/may receive w10 rom.. What i want to know is has MS declared that they will be releasing a rom for OP2 or its just a rumour?? i dont want to switch to other platform but i dont have any other option.. HELP.. And give me some points why i should stay with windows or why i should not switch to OP2(android) :(

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help upgrade from Lumia 720

A phone is supposed to make oneself productive right? Why not choose a platform that fits in? There are quite a few great options available in India (judging from your name) that you could get today. To begin with, you could get the Moto G3 or the even better Turbo Edition for less than what you can get from the 650 (IMO it's overpriced).

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
A phone is supposed to make oneself productive right? Why not choose a platform that fits in? There are quite a few great options available in India (judging from your name) that you could get today. To begin with, you could get the Moto G3 or the even better Turbo Edition for less than what you can get from the 650 (IMO it's overpriced).

Thanks. The problem is I dont want to switch to android and leave windows completely.. I can go for 640/640xl but i dont want to spend my money on phone with okish specs(these phones will/might be the next to be ditched by MS like they did to *20 series). I want a phone which can get updates for long. Oneplus 2 is a powerful phone & might receive rom but i dont want to buy it before the rom comes out or MS annouce releasing rom.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

How about that Xiomi (spelling?) phone that can run a w10m rom, but it is android? Is that an option? It's not the same as a native W10M but that way, you can have both.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

How about that Xiomi (spelling?) phone that can run a w10m rom, but it is android? Is that an option? It's not the same as a native W10M but that way, you can have both.
Mi4(4g varient) is not avaible here so i cant buy that.. Help me to choose between 1520 and oneplus 2.. Why buy 1520 and why not.. Why buy op2 and why not

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Help me to choose between 1520 and oneplus 2

You talk about support and yet bring in the 1520 and OnePlus2? As well as it runs WM10, the 1520 was launched in 2013 and its highly likely Microsoft might drop support before the 640 series. The OnePlus is Android, so yeah custom ROMs it is.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

You talk about support and yet bring in the 1520 and OnePlus2? As well as it runs WM10, the 1520 was launched in 2013 and its highly likely Microsoft might drop support before the 640 series. The OnePlus is Android, so yeah custom ROMs it is.
Wrong.. 1520 is more powerful device than all the current *40 phones.. The reason y im planning to buy op2 is bcz it might b receving rom as mi4.. MS is already testing it on op2/op3/mi5

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Wrong.. 1520 is more powerful device than all the current *40 phones.. The reason y im planning to buy op2 is bcz it might b receving rom as mi4.. MS is already testing it on op2/op3/mi5

How dare you call a Moderator wrong!! :p

I think you didn't understand my comment. I was not referring to how powerful the software was, I was suggesting that MS might stop supporting it just because the 1520 was released 3 years ago. Just buying the OP2 because there is a wide speculation it will receive WM10 ROM is a little bit risky since there aren't any confirmed reports it will get it.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I surmise that you're running Windows on a phone currently, but nowhere in the thread did you state which one you have.

Spending nothing and keeping what you have definitely fits "within your budget" - but that depends on what you have.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
How dare you call a Moderator wrong!! :p

I think you didn't understand my comment. I was not referring to how powerful the software was, I was suggesting that MS might stop supporting it just because the 1520 was released 3 years ago. Just buying the OP2 because there is a wide speculation it will receive WM10 ROM is a little bit risky since there aren't any confirmed reports it will get it.

Hahaha.. I dont think MS would do that just bcz 1520 is 3yrs old and they will deliver updates as long as it runs current OS well. Plus i dont have any other option than buying a op2 as theres no good phone with a nice processor at that price. :p

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I surmise that you're running Windows on a phone currently, but nowhere in the thread did you state which one you have.

Spending nothing and keeping what you have definitely fits "within your budget" - but that depends on what you have.

I had mentioned that im looking for an upgrade over 720 in title but the WC guys changed the title.. :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans