• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Newsletter — sign up now! Learn More
08-24-2016 11:45 AM
47 12
tools
    If u choose your phone whether there is snapchat or pokemon availability, there is something wrong with you!
    Chintan Gohel and melhiore like this.
    07-18-2016 02:41 PM
    For people in my circle:
    1. They hate the UI (silly I know but the don't want to give it a shot)
    2. This/that app not available.
    3. App is available but has minimal options compared to their device.
    4. They're so used to there device and it would move them out of their comfort zone.
    5. ............
    .... ok, well I suck. Got stuck at 4. Thank god this isn't Family Feud lol
    They hate the UI because they don't know it beyond what MS shows. MS doesn't advertise the power of the START and the ability to customize look/feel to your needs and to look cool haha.

Most of the people who have made that argument were indeed surprised when I showed them my start and actually loved it. A lot of people don't even know what windows phone is. Those that do don't know it outside of the bad START screens that were around when windows phone 8 was still in phone kiosks or selling. And until MS has some design enforcement rules that allow tile customization for regular/transparent and live tiles on/off it is sort of a mess you have to work your way around. I would love for all my tiles to be transparent but I can't design things the way I want because they aren't nor is MS doing anything about it.

Also they need a setting for background picture with a check mark to blur it so people don't have to use separate apps to do it.
    07-18-2016 02:51 PM
    This is kind of a non-response. What can it not do other than run apps that don't exist?

I Skype an SMS from the same place even in production WM10.
    Well, I'm not who you were replying to but...

1. I can't get a standard IMAP email account to work on Windows 10 Mobile while my iPhone can take it.

Cortana on W10M falls back to web searches more than she should.
    Unless the new Facebook app changes, Windows 10 Mobile will lose Facebook calendar and contact syncing.
    iOS's accessibility options put W10M to shame.
    Inferior stock apps at times.

2. Yes that's how it is in production. But that's changing in the Anniversary update. AGAIN. And it's going to be Skype first, which I'm not too excited about knowing what I know about Skype.
    Last edited by xandros9; 07-18-2016 at 04:14 PM.
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and theefman like this.
    07-18-2016 03:20 PM
    They hate the UI because they don't know it beyond what MS shows. MS doesn't advertise the power of the START and the ability to customize look/feel to your needs and to look cool haha.

Most of the people who have made that argument were indeed surprised when I showed them my start and actually loved it. A lot of people don't even know what windows phone is. Those that do don't know it outside of the bad START screens that were around when windows phone 8 was still in phone kiosks or selling. And until MS has some design enforcement rules that allow tile customization for regular/transparent and live tiles on/off it is sort of a mess you have to work your way around. I would love for all my tiles to be transparent but I can't design things the way I want because they aren't nor is MS doing anything about it.

Also they need a setting for background picture with a check mark to blur it so people don't have to use separate apps to do it.
    I doubt Microsoft will ever enforce some sort of design rules for the Start screen. They haven't done it for WP7-10 now. It means having to use a separate app to create dumb tiles with no information to accomplish the task. Would be nice though.
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-18-2016 03:28 PM
    If they turn up on Windows Phone... then I'm leaving!!! Awful apps!!!
    Where would you go? To one of the other two phone platforms that also have them? Seems like a non-argument to me.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-18-2016 03:46 PM
    Where would you go? To one of the other two phone platforms that also have them? Seems like a non-argument to me.
    It's called sarcasm.... I apologise for my dry British humour!!!!
    Mark Baker3 and Chintan Gohel like this.
    07-18-2016 04:37 PM
    These apps make zero difference to me. I'm already very uninterested in Pokemon, and Snapchat - so what! I can achieve what I need that it offers via many alternative options and I prefer to have fewer rather than more apps installed.
    Tom Snyder likes this.
    07-18-2016 05:26 PM
    U are uninterested in pokemon,and snapchat because u dont have them
    xandros9 and theefman like this.
    07-19-2016 01:49 AM
    If u choose your phone whether there is snapchat or pokemon availability, there is something wrong with you!
    There are many more than just two. New apps will come out or old apps get updated. Windows phone with 1% market share will have to wait and sometimes never.
    xandros9 and theefman like this.
    07-19-2016 02:07 AM
    I will buy it, with or without the stupid snapchat, pokemon, mario or prince of f-ing persia
    holohglr likes this.
    07-19-2016 02:59 AM
    I already have a new Lumia 950 XL. I doubt I would bother with Snapchat and Pokmon Go if they were available.
    07-19-2016 07:54 AM
    All I need is for Tmobile to get flagship WM phone with wifi calling and I'll come back.
    Saijin_Naib and libra89 like this.
    07-19-2016 11:14 AM
    If they turn up on Windows Phone... then I'm leaving!!! Awful apps!!!
    Where will you go? Blackberry
    xandros9 and Chintan Gohel like this.
    07-24-2016 12:58 AM
    Where will you go? Blackberry
    I was being sarcastic...
    Schnuffi likes this.
    07-25-2016 04:19 PM
    There was a 3rd party snap chat app that got shutdown a few years ago. We all know that's never gonna happen. Apple, Android then WP in 3rd place that's the way it's gonna be. We will never get to Apple or Android's level. All WP is doing is shutting down apps rather than keeping them to fill in the app gap. The app gap just keeps getting larger and larger, we're never gonna catch up.
    07-25-2016 04:40 PM
    I just want my Facebook, LinkedIn and twitter to sync to my people hub. I really used this in 8.1.
    07-25-2016 04:53 PM
    I rather have Ingress as a windows app....
    07-27-2016 07:32 AM
    I was being sarcastic...
    I wasn't being sarcastic The new blackberry DTEK 50 looks kind of sweet if you ever wanted to jump ship. If I was to leave I would go for it
    libra89 likes this.
    07-27-2016 04:05 PM
    Well, I couldn't care less if Snapchat and Pokemon GO is there or not. Phone is a phone. I expect it to make calls, send texts and get my emails. WhatsApp is also good to have. Hipster apps ?? I do not need them... So for me presence of certain apps is not the factor to pick the phone or not...
    07-29-2016 02:13 PM
    Well, I couldn't care less if Snapchat and Pokemon GO is there or not. Phone is a phone. I expect it to make calls, send texts and get my emails. WhatsApp is also good to have. Hipster apps ?? I do not need them... So for me presence of certain apps is not the factor to pick the phone or not...
    I am with you for the most part in that I don't play any games. But I think I might move away from Windows phone because MS heart is not in it any more. If they don't care for their own platform why should I. I will wait 1 more year when It comes time to replace my 640 then decide. The only hope I can see is with the OEMs coming on board they might but some pressure on MS to do the right thing.
    07-30-2016 12:37 AM
    I am with you for the most part in that I don't play any games. But I think I might move away from Windows phone because MS heart is not in it any more. If they don't care for their own platform why should I. I will wait 1 more year when It comes time to replace my 640 then decide. The only hope I can see is with the OEMs coming on board they might but some pressure on MS to do the right thing.
    My approach is more or less the same for now however, Microsoft said they are not focusing on Windows phone this year. I would say there will be no new device or any announcement of the new kit. I'll give them time till 2018 and either go for new Microsoft hardware or good device from other OEM. I have a funny feeling they try to run the same model as Google with Android. Google also does not make to many devices apart from Nexus line. Microsoft is trying to do the same with Surface line. They will do Windows 10 mobile any way... It is to big now to stop...
    07-30-2016 10:32 AM
    Well, the problem is bigger than this simples app.
    1 - Nowadays the android rules the market of smartphones. People are used to work and play with the Android OS. Imagine if Google make a Desktop OS with the same interface (that is happen at this momment). The young ones will migrate fast to this new OS, making Microsoft lose not just the smartphone market (that are running low now) but the Desktop market too. They dont do the right attention to a great market and will lose more than just the smartphone market. For example, nowadays people access more internet from a smartphone than a regular PC. Today Microsoft are the leader of the PC market, but tomorrow who knows?
    2 - Microsoft saying that the windows mobile focus are productivity, but will the lack of app and updated app, why to continuous using it? To productivity we need to know what is happening in the world, for example, you may gain money with this pokemon go fever if you know it by selling toys, creating thematic partys, and so on.
    3 - Even a decent GPS we have now on Windows 10.
    4 - They saying about Hololens and Xbox, so the focus are to make Microsoft a Game producer? They forget that the base for all is the O.S. and people now know and learning fast how to work with other O.S than Windows
    08-24-2016 11:45 AM
47 12