Why should my next phone be/not be a windows 10 mobile device?

anon(8997573)

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys! I've been using my Lumia 520 since a little more than 2 years now and I was thinking that I needed a new phone, a little upgrade from my current one.
But I'm very confused. I checked flipkart and saw only Chinese Android phones everywhere with a hint of Samsung here and there. My budget is about 13500 rupees ( about 200USD ). Now, I don't want to buy an Android, specially when I see brands like LeEco. I just hate them, though I don't know why.
But there's hardly any windows 10 mobile device out there! Just a 550 and a 650, I guess..
So pls help me with this. Why should I consider buying a windows phone right now or in the next few months? And why should I not switch to Android ?
Thanks!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys! I've been using my Lumia 520 since a little more than 2 years now and I was thinking that I needed a new phone, a little upgrade from my current one.
But I'm very confused. I checked flipkart and saw only Chinese Android phones everywhere with a hint of Samsung here and there. My budget is about 13500 rupees ( about 200USD ). Now, I don't want to buy an Android, specially when I see brands like LeEco. I just hate them, though I don't know why.
But there's hardly any windows 10 mobile device out there! Just a 550 and a 650, I guess..
So pls help me with this. Why should I consider buying a windows phone right now or in the next few months? And why should I not switch to Android ?
Thanks!

I switched from a 520 to a 650. A whole new world with a complete Win10 experience. I spent more time using my phone quite like a notebook now, than my notebook itself ;)
And the OLED display is beautiful and clear like a Galaxy one

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks!

get the 640 or 650, they're both quite good. The 640 can be upgraded to windows 10

the windows 10 mobile OS is rapidly changing and new features are being added regularly. Android low budget phone will usually slow down after a few months while with a windows that won't happen

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If Windows Phone does not meet your needs, don't get it. If it does then you'll be fine with a 550 or 650. (also might want to consider used devices if you want more for less)

As far as Android is concerned, Nexus and maybe BlackBerry devices (if BlackBerry sticks around) are worthwhile because support.

anon(8997573)

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
what if I buy any of the wp8.1 phones, like the 535 or 540 or even the 640? will any of these phones give me a good w10m experience through the insider program?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've moved your thread to the Phone Wars forum, since this is not a time-sensitive request for help with a problem with a device.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
what if I buy any of the wp8.1 phones, like the 535 or 540 or even the 640? will any of these phones give me a good w10m experience through the insider program?

The experience should be decent enough, at the bare minimum since all are supported for W10M.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786