Is NOKIA coming with Android?????

Michael Tillman

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
It's not the Nokia I once knew and loved. It's gonna be made by Foxconn. They pay for the right to use the Nokia name. A far cry from the good old Symbian days.

Nokia_Lumia

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
There is the technologies group within Nokia. There is the design team within Nokia. The devices and services team is gone, aside from the few hundred left under Microsoft in Finland, as I understand (please correct me on this if you know the exact numbers). They are likely valuable R&D folks Microsoft decided to keep, without having redundancy (i.e. developing and building 15 similar model phones at the same time). Is Nokia gone, as we knew it? Absolutely. However, the devices and services team has been struggling for some time, as far back as 2009 with N97. All manufacturing will be done at Foxconn, and we may actually see a boost in quality (shocker, Nokia build quality diminished significantly for its last iterations of mobile devices). Nokia will present the design/specifications, and Foxconn will do the engineering and manufacturing, slapping on the Nokia name on the back, just like with the Android tablet.

Michael Tillman

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
The new "Nokia" phones will be like every other mid range android phone. Possibly could differ a bit in the imaging department even though the competition is at a much better level than they were in 2011 when I bought my Nokia 808 pureview. A Nokia android (or anything android for that matter) just doesn't really excite me. I prefer popping my sim card into my Nokia E73 or Astound (C7) every once in a while to relive fond memories of Symbian. Sadly this is not going to be the Nokia of last decade in all its physical keyboard and Symbian glory.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Aren't iPhones lauded for their impeccable build quality etc., etc., etc.? Foxconn builds them, why can't they build top-notch devices for Nokia? Alcatel is building a rebadged Idol 4 for BlackBerry yet every review I've read about the DTEK 50 mentions superb fit and finish. A customer can hold a manufacturer up to a higher standard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo