POLL: Will you consider to move to Android for a Nokia flagship?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
There will be not any Nokia flagship, they focused on web and server services, they'll make cheap androind phones once again one year, then stop. Androind Market is too much full, cheap middle and tops

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
As long as it's flagship. I enjoy using Android, but only mid-to-high-end stuff. If it's low-end, I'd much rather get a Windows phone as W10m seems to perform far better on low-end hardware.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I voted no. Even though I'm curious to see what they will have (eventually), there are several factors that matter for me to consider "moving" to Android. Reviews have to be good too. At this point, I switch between everything. iOS, Android and Windows Mobile. I don't currently own an Android though, but when there's one that looks nice (read: has colors!), reviews well, priced correctly, and is sized correctly for me, I'll be down to try it.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Nokia isn't the one making these phones FIH a chinese subsidairy of Foxconn has purchased the licensing in order to make the Nokia brand phones. It will just be the name, not Nokia's actual own work.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Nokia isn't the one making these phones FIH a chinese subsidairy of Foxconn has purchased the licensing in order to make the Nokia brand phones. It will just be the name, not Nokia's actual own work.
Well at this point we dont know much, some early talk does suggest that few features from their past research work might see the light of the day namely 3d touch and imaging tech.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Android Nougat phones 2016: Specs, price & Release Date
Nokia is working on two high-end Android Smartphones which will come with premium metallic design and the famous Nokia feel.
  • Nokia is planning to put in use its Brand image of “Sturdy & Robust” smartphones creator and we hear these two will come with water / Dust resistant IP68 ratings.
  • These two smartphones will run Android Nougat out of the box. Read about Android Nougat features by clicking here. You can also read our Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary update vs Android Nougat comparison by clicking here.
  • One of them will be smaller and may have a display size of around 5.2-inch and the bigger one may have a display size of 5.5-inch. While display resolution is not confirmed yet we can expect a QHD resolution OLED display.
  • Nokia has been silently working to improve its Z-Launcher UI all the while in background and the final product may have elements of Touch & hover interaction
  • Fingerprint scanner may be part of the high-end features on these two.
  • Camera wise we can expect lots of innovations coming to market with the new smartphones. We hear that sensors on these two smartphones may be most sensitive ever and will be based upon Nokia’s extensive research on wonder material “Graphene".

No Android phone has excited me, not even s7 edge. but definitely would like to see Nokia make a comeback

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea, all depending on the interface for it. Android themes vary OEM to OEM. If one made a Windows 10 phone style phone that is solid (not just a wanabe theme) no question I would give a look at it.

With this being said, I pretty much almost fully moved over to Android (LG G4), it's sad but, for my job, I need to test the official apps for the company I work for (part of my very busy job) and guess what ? There is NO apps for Windows Phone...nor any plans to make one (I have tried)

I still keep my ICON around and swap time to time but, after living with Android for a while with the apps and smartwatch options, it's really hard to go back full time...

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
As much as I like WM and as much as I am anticipating the “Surface Phone” I did just recently buy a Sony Xperia so that I can get some experience using Android. My L950 is my daily driver and I do not expect that to change unless something drastic happens to WM, but yes I would consider switching if the Nokia camera is good and the design is good and the Surface Phone doesn’t end up happening.

Old_Mil

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
The move to android has been a failure for Blackberry so far. I don't expect that another phone manufacturer selling Chinese OEM phones with droid and a legacy name will fare any better.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I really don't know. It depends on the skin and features/bloatware (features if I like them, bloatware if I don't) that are included.

I pretty much like stock Android, so I'd be more inclined to get a Nexus device.

YC Neo

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
I voted a No. My first Windows Phone was a HTC HD7, then followed by a few other Nokia branded Lumia (530, 830, 920, 930 & 1520) before I have the current Lumia 950 XL. I use Lumia not because of Nokia, but because of WM.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I wish Nokia well . To me in my mind Nokia will always be synonymous with Windows. I had and loved their devices for 16 years....but Nokia running Android?

Lipstick on a pig indeed!

Michael Tillman

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I'd rather have a Nokia running Symbian then Android. I became a Windows phone user in 2011after several great years on Symbian. So even though I switched to windows because I was a huge Nokia fan. I am staying here because I am into the whole Microsoft ecosystem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon