POLL: Will you consider to move to Android for a Nokia flagship?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Android Nougat phones 2016: Specs, price & Release Date
Nokia is working on two high-end Android Smartphones which will come with premium metallic design and the famous Nokia feel.
  • Nokia is planning to put in use its Brand image of ?Sturdy & Robust? smartphones creator and we hear these two will come with water / Dust resistant IP68 ratings.
  • These two smartphones will run Android Nougat out of the box. Read about Android Nougat features by clicking here. You can also read our Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary update vs Android Nougat comparison by clicking here.
  • One of them will be smaller and may have a display size of around 5.2-inch and the bigger one may have a display size of 5.5-inch. While display resolution is not confirmed yet we can expect a QHD resolution OLED display.
  • Nokia has been silently working to improve its Z-Launcher UI all the while in background and the final product may have elements of Touch & hover interaction
  • Fingerprint scanner may be part of the high-end features on these two.
  • Camera wise we can expect lots of innovations coming to market with the new smartphones. We hear that sensors on these two smartphones may be most sensitive ever and will be based upon Nokia?s extensive research on wonder material ?Graphene".

No Android phone has excited me, not even s7 edge. but definitely would like to see Nokia make a comeback

This is rumour and speculation. There's no proof anywhere this is what the new Nokia phones will be. I still don't get the point of QHD on a phone...

I know there's a few people stating they won't be 'Nokia' phone because of HMD and Foxconn being involved but HMD is full of ex-Nokia people and Nokia has all it's patents still, so take it from there.

I know people bag Android all the time and that's what made me wonder why bother with a poll on this site. I read the comments and see all the same things as usual. So I didn't bother answering the poll as I'm already on Android.

Do I want a Nokia phone? I'll see when it comes out. At this point in time I have no idea what it is so until I see it I can't say much. The Z launcher is interesting.

Android is a flooded market, there's no lie there but it wouldn't take much to make a great phone. It's about hitting all the right points and if Nokia does that, they'll have a winner. So let's see if they can escape the old Nokia mindset and release something special.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
This is rumour and speculation. There's no proof anywhere this is what the new Nokia phones will be. I still don't get the point of QHD on a phone...

I know there's a few people stating they won't be 'Nokia' phone because of HMD and Foxconn being involved but HMD is full of ex-Nokia people and Nokia has all it's patents still, so take it from there.

I know people bag Android all the time and that's what made me wonder why bother with a poll on this site. I read the comments and see all the same things as usual. So I didn't bother answering the poll as I'm already on Android.

Do I want a Nokia phone? I'll see when it comes out. At this point in time I have no idea what it is so until I see it I can't say much. The Z launcher is interesting.

Android is a flooded market, there's no lie there but it wouldn't take much to make a great phone. It's about hitting all the right points and if Nokia does that, they'll have a winner. So let's see if they can escape the old Nokia mindset and release something special.

You're right, HMD is made up of ex Nokia employees and they have the research and the patents to develop a great phone. the reason for the poll is to see the interest and let MS take a note if a section of WP fans+Nokia fans might flock to android instead of waiting for Surface phone, this is true especially in markets where Nokia had previous strong hold, but where MS lost all the ground that WP gained due to their apathy.

I dont expect surface phone to have a global release, it will just be like a surface book or Ms band which have limited availability outside US

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You're right, HMD is made up of ex Nokia employees and they have the research and the patents to develop a great phone. the reason for the poll is to see the interest and let MS take a note if a section of WP fans+Nokia fans might flock to android instead of waiting for Surface phone, this is true especially in markets where Nokia had previous strong hold, but where MS lost all the ground that WP gained due to their apathy.

I don't expect the Surface Phone to have a global release, it will just be like a surface book or MS band which have limited availability outside US

I don't think MS is expecting the Surface Phone or whatever it will be called to be a front runner in sales for Windows Mobile. I expect it to be similar to the HP Elite X3 in sales, limited.

MS has made it very clear they expect OEMs to be the makers of Windows Mobile and not MS. I'm expecting a Surface Phone would be like a Nexus device in some ways.

Considering that Windows Mobile is hardly 'global' anymore and a lot of MS services have never been global and/or restrictive, it wouldn't surprise me really that the Surface Phone would be small scale. But we'll have to see.

I don't think this poll will change anything MS will do in any way. They're doing what they're doing regardless of what the 'fans' think or want. I don't expect MS to make many Windows Mobile phones and as far as the Surface Phone is concerned it will be a high end phone well out of reach for many.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Personally I hope Nokia do release a flagship, then some of the folks on here who love Nokia but hate MS will go and play somewhere else instead of hanging around on a forum dedicated to Windows.

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
No way! If for whatever reason MS will dump Windows I'd rather go for a reasonably priced refurbished iPhone than for any Android, Nokia or otherwise. Too many Androids doing the rounds already inviting lots of nasty people dumping nasty bloatware. So Android? Over my dead body!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
No way! If for whatever reason MS will dump Windows I'd rather go for a reasonably priced refurbished iPhone than for any Android, Nokia or otherwise. Too many Androids doing the rounds already inviting lots of nasty people dumping nasty bloatware. So Android? Over my dead body!

WTF?? Nasty people dumping nasty bloatware? What are you talking about?

Who actually makes the surface devices? Is it MS or someone contracted to do it? It's a bit off topic

I was wondering that myself but I was assuming the 'Surface team' would at least make the prototype. MS simply doesn't have the facilities to make phones anymore, especially in large quantities... err... well you know what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sorry, but I like my news from a reliable source.

What you need to know about HummingBad | Android Central

As usual, it's most likely overblown nonsense. That company that reports this stuff has a tendency to overstate the numbers.

Here's a hint, don't load apps from other places other than the Play Store. That's the same logic as loading software that's not trusted on the internet on a Windows PC. You take risks you have a possibility of getting stung. But hey, anything to bash an OS you don't like huh?

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, but I like my news from a reliable source.

What you need to know about HummingBad | Android Central

As usual, it's most likely overblown nonsense. That company that reports this stuff has a tendency to overstate the numbers.

Here's a hint, don't load apps from other places other than the Play Store. That's the same logic as loading software that's not trusted on the internet on a Windows PC. You take risks you have a possibility of getting stung. But hey, anything to bash an OS you don't like huh?

Not bashing or disliking Android. It's just a fact that it is much more likely for anybody to publish a app with a virus to millions of users than for an OS with very little support. And maybe the quoted 10 million infected devices are only 9 million, it is still a fact that lots of users got stung. And that you are clever enough to only download from the playstore doesn't mean that others can withstand the temptation to download a virus infected app....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Not bashing or disliking Android. It's just a fact that it is much more likely for anybody to publish a app with a virus to millions of users than for an OS with very little support. And maybe the quoted 10 million infected devices are only 9 million, it is still a fact that lots of users got stung. And that you are clever enough to only download from the playstore doesn't mean that others can withstand the temptation to download a virus infected app....

Yes, a published app with a virus from a source outside the Play Store. So if you're silly enough to download that you deserve what you get. No different than a Windows PC user doing the same thing.

Google has safeguards in place to prevent that from happening, I'm not going to feel sorry for people who wish to install unprotected software.

Is Android more open to that sort of thing? Yes, just like Windows PC's which are still highly subjected to this sort of thing even today.

The reason I made any point about bashing is that you implied that Android was a problem. It's only a problem if you want it to be. Just like using a PC... Actually using a PC you're more open to hostile programs than on Android.

Let's also be clear that a user has to enable the ability to install apps from other sources on Android.

So if MS decided to build and release the "Surface Phone", it would be outsourced most likely. Perhaps the design would be from MS but the actual manufacturing would be someone else.

Pretty much like most OEMs these days.

Last edited by a moderator:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Depends on the device they put out, the price its at and how they treat Android. And if its good, I might pick it up used a couple years later because I almost never buy new these days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077