POLL: Will you consider to move to Android for a Nokia flagship?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Tried it (Android) for 3 weeks and couldn't get into it. Something about it just bugs the hell out of me.

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely YES. It is not even necessary to think it twice. I had a Lumia 1020 as a daily driver, my wife has a Lumia 830, I changed it for an iPhone 6s, now she's waiting for that Nokia flagship and dump Windows 10 Mobile for EVER. W10M such POS, device are not but Windows OS yes.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Nokia sold the name "Nokia" in smartphones and mobile devices to Foxconn. It like GE and before that RCA sold their brand name to other companies for branding. That what happens when a company does not want to continue on with low profit products!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nokia sold the name "Nokia" in smartphones and mobile devices to Foxconn. It like GE and before that RCA sold their brand name to other companies for branding. That what happens when a company does not want to continue on with low profit products!
Ultimately, THIS is my biggest concern. I bet we're all imagining a nice Fabula 1520 or 920 with Android but seeing that Nokia branded iPad Mini knockoff from not-too-long-ago worries me.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Nokia has leased their name, not sold it. Also they have all their patents which they are leasing.

You didn't read things correctly, Nokia, HMD and Foxconn are making the phones together. HMD is full of ex Nokia people.

It's not simply Foxconn by themselves using the Nokia name.

It will be designed by mostly HMD and Nokia and built by Foxconn.

So take it from there.

kstagg

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Look. I love my Dell Inspirion laptop with Win10 and touchscreen. But there is a reason that Samsung Galaxy devices currently sit ranking: #1, 2, & 3 on best phones on the market. The iPhone is #4 and that the carriers are practically giving away Windows phones.

Until the Lumia branding aftertaste is completely wiped off the menu and replaced with the "Surface" brand? It ain't happening.

Have you seen the inroads that off-brands like One+ had made buying high end hardware for $350-$400? There is no "full" android market.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786