Windows vs. Android

514matias

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys! right now i'm planning to buy a smartphone but I'm wondering where should i go? Windows 10 Mobile or Android Nougat? I'm a big fan of windows but the big, big problem is that windows mobile has a few apps and kinda buggy. what do you think guys should i go to windows mobile or not now... tnx

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys! right now i'm planning to buy a smartphone but I'm wondering where should i go? Windows 10 Mobile or Android Nougat? I'm a big fan of windows but the big, big problem is that windows mobile has a few apps and kinda buggy. what do you think guys should i go to windows mobile or not now... tnx

Hi and welcome to windows central forum.

Honestly i would suggest you to move ahead with android devices windows 10 mobile is on a curve. With lumia series getting discontinued and no further hardware launches by Microsoft it would be better to give windows phone some time to cook up well and for now jump on android ship.

If you need additional help or want to reply to this thread , click on the smiley :) to learn how to join our forums.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The question to ask here is what apps do you require and if Windows 10 Mobile has them. Are you happy using 3rd party?

The other question is what kind of device are you after? Low, mid, high? Budget phones are few and far between at the moment. Don't expect any Microsoft devices any time soon.

Lastly, Windows 10 Mobile works for some people rather well. It comes down to what you require as an individual. What's important to you?

On a personal note, I use Android and enjoy the experience because it works for me but many people who are used to Windows don't like Android for various reasons.

514matias

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Tnx for replying to my message. Well, let say lumia will be discontinued or something else on December, will microsoft support(like new updates or firmwares) the old Lumias like Lumia 640XL.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Tnx for replying to my message. Well, let say lumia will be discontinued or something else on December, will microsoft support(like new updates or firmwares) the old Lumias like Lumia 640XL.

Firmware updates unlikely, OS updates likely.

Anyways, go Android. It's superior where it counts but if Windows 10 Mobile works for you, that's fine. There's people still using webOS, iOS 7, etc. because it works for them.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone here own any BLU phones running androiid and how is the experience with BLU. It looks like they are steadily improving their product line.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have used Windows devices since my first smart phone. An HTC Pure. My latest was a Lumia 1520. I loved the Lumia line but it seemed that Windows 10 kept getting more bugs instead of fewer with each update. Slow texting. Individual ringtones for contacts not working, always sounded the default ringtone. Apps flaking out or locking up the phone. I did numerous resets both soft and hard and the bugs remained. Combine that with no real new hardware offerings, I jumped ship.

I settled on an LG V20. The main deciding factor here was screen size. So far, I am impressed. The apps work well. What surprised me the most is that Microsoft's own apps seem to run and look better on Android than they did on my Lumia. So far, I have found very few things I don't like. A couple things I don't like is the keyboard, Windows was much better. And I miss the metro interface. But these are more personal taste than anything wrong with the phone or OS.

Bottom line is, try both and pick whatever suits you best.

madcursor

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
Objectively, right now there is no good reason to buy a windows phone device. Android devices are cheaper, more reliable, customisable and have better features. Unless you are getting a great deal on windows device or you really prefer it, you should get an android phone and maybe you can consider the surface phone (if Microsoft ever release it) next time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb