Nokia is back!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghese

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nokia android has been revealed...!

I just hate it when People blame Windows phone for Nokias fall. They totally gorget that Sony ericsson was just as popular back in those days. It fell harder even though they went With android. Even Sony, is bleeding when it comes to Smartphone. And unlike the crappy Phones Nokia made for Windows, Sony does have some unique Phones With great hardware. The only selling point Nokia had was the OS, Windows.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I just hate it when People blame Windows phone for Nokias fall. They totally gorget that Sony ericsson was just as popular back in those days. It fell harder even though they went With android. Even Sony, is bleeding when it comes to Smartphone. And unlike the crappy Phones Nokia made for Windows, Sony does have some unique Phones With great hardware. The only selling point Nokia had was the OS, Windows.

Sony's budget n mid range has been awful n its flagships too hv been marred by bugs. Nokia is different. Not only they knew how to build great hardware but had a strong software support too. It was miles ahead of sony n could hv been top oem in android

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

The thing that plagues android is really apathetic update releases from most hardware manufacturers.

Since nokia is new to android and no longer the same company anymore, we don't really have any idea of how good the support will be. Hardware can be great, but so what if the phone is buggy and doesn't get fixed.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site

The thing that plagues android is really apathetic update releases from most hardware manufacturers.

Since nokia is new to android and no longer the same company anymore, we don't really have any idea of how good the support will be. Hardware can be great, but so what if the phone is buggy and doesn't get fixed.

Yeah handling android is a whole different ballgame. Because you are responsible for rolling out the updates, not just the firmware. And it's up to you to make sure your hardware/firmware is compatible, unlike windows, which MS can actually test on the limited number of devices it will be supporting.

I think its smart nokia is going budget though. It's really the only room there is in the smartphone market, midrange and budget, and there is growth in its future unlike premium. Margins are thin, but that's how it goes....That said they'll be competing with Lenovo, Huawei, oppo, xiaomi - they'll need to keep their prices low, and focus on markets that the others aren't.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Nokia 3,5 & 6 has been launched in India today. Pre booking starts from July 14.

Are you still interested to buy it?

Last edited:
May 15, 2017
Visit site
from what i gather from leaks, there's nothing too eye catching being offered by nokia. things may change once we know what it will be like in real world usage but so far I'm not holding my breath.

nokia seems to be walking the same path that blackberry attempted to walk by developing low cost/budget to mid range offerings catered to the developing market. hopefully things work out better for nokia.

what would be amazing is if nokia partnered up with google to develop a pixel phone.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hello All! Nokia 3 (android) is now available in market or you can buy it online.

Next flag ship phones will start pre booking after 7 July.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hey folks,
Here are the Prices (INR) of Nokia's latest android smartphones:
-Nokia 6 - Rs. 14,999
-Nokia 5 - Rs. 12,899
-Nokia 3 - Rs. 9,499

-//
Next phone models rumoured to Nokia 2, 7 & 8 (maybe 9).
Let's see what they will offer to their Nokia lovers.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Should I wait for the 8 instead of buying the 6?
I can cancel my Amazon order for the 6.

The 6 evidently has a great camera.
It's upto you!

IMO if you already have a good camera smartphone, you should have to wait for official announcement :)

REST IS YOUR DECISION :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss