11-04-2017 12:13 PM
99 123 ...
tools
    Hey guys,
    Contract of MS-NOKIA Lumia phone is near to end.

Will MS release their new Lumia devices next year Or bound a contract with other FLAGSHIP models (e.g. Coship, Alcatel Idol etc.)?

Anyways, NOKIA will coming with their Android OS devices in December '16 or maybe till Feb '17.

Rumours said that, NOKIA will also offering their phones with choice of OS in market which will either ANDROID or WINDOWS 10 MOBILE. If it happens, which one OS will you choose?

[edit]: Nokia Android Smartphone has been revealed at MWC by HMD/Nokia yesterday...

READ SPECS - http://forums.windowscentral.com/pho...s/445109-3.htm
    Last edited by ads13; 07-09-2017 at 06:06 AM.
    11-12-2016 01:16 PM
    Do you have a source for this rumour of choice of OS on new Nokia devices?
    11-12-2016 01:20 PM
    My prediction:

Nokia surprises us all by developing a Tizen phonel

11-12-2016 05:33 PM
    They are definitely coming with an android phone, nice looking design too. I was wondering how their relationship with Microsoft would be after this year and if they'd decide on Windows in the future. I'd pick the Windows variant over any android variant if it's offered.

Sent from mTalk
    11-12-2016 06:10 PM
    There was a report by NPU on the c1 possibly running two different Operating Systems (Android/Windows), but that was in 2015.

Sent from mTalk
    11-12-2016 06:58 PM
    There was a report by NPU on the c1 possibly running two different Operating Systems (Android/Windows), but that was in 2015.

Sent from mTalk
    I remember that. I want to see if the OP has any current information.
    ttsoldier, TechFreak1 and libra89 like this.
    11-12-2016 07:43 PM
    Nokia will never ever going to build windows mobile phones again.
    Lessons learned.
    Its saver for them to go with Android then with Windows.
    11-12-2016 08:15 PM
    you can check that :

Nokia WILL Return in 2017 With Two New Android Phones: Specs, Hardware & Release Date Rumours | Know Your Mobile
    11-13-2016 12:18 AM
    nothing new that is already in the public. Q4 is already running and we only have a few snapshots of "maybe device that Nokia could launch" . It is unlikely that a dual boot device is under development. The most expected is Nokia D1C but still nothing is concrete about it from Nokia.

As D1C is already listed on a eseller website here: Nokia D1C Best Price in India 2016, Specifications & Review

which again could just be hot air.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-13-2016 01:14 AM
    nothing new that is already in the public. Q4 is already running and we only have a few snapshots of "maybe device that Nokia could launch" . It is unlikely that a dual boot device is under development. The most expected is Nokia D1C but still nothing is concrete about it from Nokia.

As D1C is already listed on a eseller website here: Nokia D1C Best Price in India 2016, Specifications & Review

which again could just be hot air.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/off...oid-phone.html
    11-13-2016 01:36 AM
    I will be waiting for a 1020-like Android or Win 10 phone form Nokia. Maybe with more pixels and even better optics?
    11-14-2016 11:43 AM
    My prediction:

Right:) And everything goes down the toilet again, just like maemo and meego.
    jmshub, HeyCori and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-14-2016 12:15 PM
    I think it's going to be difficult for Nokia to reenter the smartphone space. The brand is still strong with people nostalgic for the 90s but the Smartphone space is so wrapped up now with lots of competitors. Leaving aside Apple and Samsung, the Chinese are starting to build great phones and Google are throwing their weight in. I don't see how a company the size of Nokia can compete in that space.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-22-2016 04:45 AM
    I think they'll make some budget level devices but not really enter a strong flagship contender. It's interesting to note that they do not shoulder the burden of the development costs but then equally do not get as much of the reward.

Can Nokia Make a Comeback in Smartphones? -- The Motley Fool
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-22-2016 04:48 AM
    I think it's going to be difficult for Nokia to reenter the smartphone space. The brand is still strong with people nostalgic for the 90s but the Smartphone space is so wrapped up now with lots of competitors. Leaving aside Apple and Samsung, the Chinese are starting to build great phones and Google are throwing their weight in. I don't see how a company the size of Nokia can compete in that space.
    Unless they try Windows again...

sent by mTalk
    11-22-2016 02:59 PM
    Nokia would be wise to offer both Android and Windows variants. There is a huge void in the Windows Phone space with the "retrenchment" of Microsoft Mobile, and I'm sure that many of us would quickly pick up a new Nokia Windows flagship if it were made available.

No sense limiting your sales to one or the other, cater to both markets and a larger prospective customer base.
    Nate W, libra89 and PlexusCV like this.
    11-22-2016 07:23 PM
    12-04-2016 01:52 PM
    My prediction:

Get with the times, it is now called SailfishOS!
    TechFreak1 and HeyCori like this.
    12-06-2016 05:19 PM
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Sailfish by Jolla... would have thought Jolla being Finnish and all it would be a no brainer. Keep the R & D in Finland and have the manufacturing outlay reside with an ODM.

Although I would love to see Finnish built phones again... sadly I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Get with the times, it is now called SailfishOS!
    Drat! you beat me to the punch!

That's what happens I suppose when you go to cook late dinner haha...
    RumoredNow, libra89 and HeyCori like this.
    12-06-2016 05:47 PM
    Drat! you beat me to the punch!

That's what happens I suppose when you go to cook late dinner haha...
    Late dinner is relative, its not even dinner time here (Central time)
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    12-06-2016 06:19 PM
    Nokia should bring the next big thing "Lumia 1020" 2, with 41 megapixel , snapdragon 830, 6 of memory Ram, 2K screen, 64 GB and microsd slot
    Kot Prada likes this.
    12-06-2016 10:17 PM
    OK, What I actually would love from Nokia will be something like the good old N900, not a very popular phone because it was destined to developers, but was an amazing phone, 32GB, MicroSD, USB on the Go, Maemo, great Camera, PKB (I liked so much) and so on.

Since I changed from that phone not other smartphone is getting my attention.

Let see what Nokia will release on CES, if they make the hardware and a third party build the phone, maybe that third party can put any OS on it, but I'm pretty sure it will be Android, maybe with som high end tablet they might go with Win10
    libra89 likes this.
    12-06-2016 10:42 PM
    Who cares about one more Android clone? Android already killed my love to BlackBerry. They should just close this brand. Would be better death, than switching to Android.
    Last edited by Kot Prada; 12-07-2016 at 08:11 AM.
    12-07-2016 07:49 AM
    It isn't Nokia Incorporated that is proposing new "so called" Nokia phones. It is a new company that signed a deal with Nokia Incorporated to use the "Nokia" brand name on their cell phones. Very similar to what is happening with the "Polaroid" brand name on cameras. I heard that a few previous "mobile" employees from Nokia Incorporated are involved at some level. I read they will outsource the cell phones. That all said, I guess we can't trust everything we read now days. Read the real business news, not the marketing promotions, nor the biased fan blogs. I'll still, definitely, take a look at any phone this new company offers for sale.
    Last edited by Kevin Rush; 12-21-2016 at 11:22 PM.
    12-07-2016 09:02 AM
    Nokia D1C android, LEAKED IMAGES WITH PRICE ₹10k

Citation:
    http://m.indiatimes.com/lifestyle/te...tm_medium=paid
    12-15-2016 02:32 PM
99 123 ...