So, who is ditching Microsoft and moving with Nokia to Android??

aimulaidni

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Time to leave Lumia for Nokia

Yeah, I'm just waiting for the Nokia high end device...the Lumia 950 XL and windows 10 mobile did it for me, haven't seen such a bad phone in years

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I'm just waiting for the Nokia high end device...the Lumia 950 XL and windows 10 mobile did it for me, haven't seen such a bad phone in years

Update it to current production software. Ours work great and are great phones.

Support Microsoft Windows mobile phones, if you like them, or be part of the problem.

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
In the hypothetical situation that my phone were to die without warning, then yes, I would be going to android, my current choice would be a Sony Xperia Compact, otherwise, I don't want to leave WP (still on a L920 with WP8.1, 4 years now...) I wouldn't mind going to W10M, but the incentive just isn't there. The lack of apps isn't a major problem for me, but it just shows that the platform isn't getting support, and no one really cares about it. When the next big thing comes along, it's highly doubtful that it will come to W10M.

At this stage it's hard to tell what got sold from Nokia, meaning some of their cool tech may be with MS and no longer available, and in addition to that, the Nokia 6 doesn't look all that high end. Wait and see I think.

aimulaidni

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

Update it to current production software. Ours work great and are great phones.

Support Microsoft Windows mobile phones, if you like them, or be part of the problem.

I am on the latest production software...and my phone keeps restarting...but I don't want to discuss about it here, have a separate thread for it where a number of other users voiced the same concern...In general, at least for me...windows 10 mobile is a step back in time when compared to wp 8.1..and the 950 XL's design is just plain boring...i have a 920 and to this day, I look at it and go wow...Nokia was in a league of its own

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I am on the latest production software...and my phone keeps restarting...but I don't want to discuss about it here, have a separate thread for it where a number of other users voiced the same concern...In general, at least for me...windows 10 mobile is a step back in time when compared to wp 8.1..and the 950 XL's design is just plain boring...i have a 920 and to this day, I look at it and go wow...Nokia was in a league of its own

Re: Boring,
The following are just my thoughts, not facts that I "know" to be true. I'm not even claiming they are "alternate facts".
I think the design intent, all along for the 950 and 950 XL was to provide the ultimate design solution, one that could satisfy everyone by giving the option of replacing the entire shell, except for the face, with many different options. Some colorful, others elegant. Whatever solution the Owner wanted. My wife and I have beautiful phones with Mozo shells that get comments and compliments all the time. Yes, the base model is plain.

I know it's a hard thing, for most people, to wrap their head around. Most people wrap their phone in an ugly case.

Best Wishes

aimulaidni

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Boring,
The following are just my thoughts, not facts that I "know" to be true. I'm not even claiming they are "alternate facts".
I think the design intent, all along for the 950 and 950 XL was to provide the ultimate design solution, one that could satisfy everyone by giving the option of replacing the entire shell, except for the face, with many different options. Some colorful, others elegant. Whatever solution the Owner wanted. My wife and I have beautiful phones with Mozo shells that get comments and compliments all the time. Yes, the base model is plain.

I know it's a hard thing, for most people, to wrap their head around. Most people wrap their phone in an ugly case.

Best Wishes

Yeah, maybe if more people understood more about "design" they would know it's not just about aesthetics and putting cases and backcovers around phones to make it look good.

Atleast for me, it's how the phone is made, the way it feels, it's durability...thats the reason i use my phone naked and will never put a case on it...and my 950XL exudes none of that elegance or durability...and I can't bring myself to pay $30 more for something that's not worth it, especially when I paid $650 for it and it doesn't feel not function the way its supposed to

Last edited:

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, maybe if more people understood more about "design" they would know it's not just about aesthetics and putting cases and backcovers around phones to make it look good.

Atleast for me, it's how the phone is made, the way it feels, it's durability...thats the reason i use my phone naked and will never put a case on it...and my 950XL exudes none of that elegance or durability...and I can't bring myself to pay $30 more for something that's not worth it, especially when I paid $650 for it and it doesn't feel not function the way its supposed to

Re: aimulaidni,
Respectively, I'm sorry you are having a bad experience, but we are not.

Re: Boring: Just to clarify, I, also, have never put cases or back covers "around" my phones. I use them naked too. That is the beauty of the solution used by the 950 and 950 XL with the MOZO shells. They aren't a case nor only a back cover. They are a replacement "shell" body for the phone. It is 5 sided. It is the same svelte thin phone now with an elegant wood or leather or colorful finish. This is money well spent for a beautiful and satisfying personalizing upgrade. I think this is a genius solution to let everyone choose what they think looks great without adding any thickness to the phone.

Re: Design: Certainly, absolutely, "design" includes many other issues besides aesthetics including but not limited to, cost of production, retail cost, schedule, marketing factors, and durability.

That all said, I agree the 950 and 950XL phones don't seem like they would survive the many many drops to the floor that my previous Nokia phones survived without any damage other than maybe a nick in the side. I have made an extra effort to avoid dropping mine.

Best Wishes

Last edited:

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Considering I've spent a solid 80,000 yen on a Sharp flagship... I'll probably hold off until the Sharp actually dies. I've learned my lesson though, no more carrier locked phones. This is an experience even worse than my LG G3 on TMO. So if Nokia sells a device I can use on Japanese networks, I'll be happy to purchase it.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Made up of mostly ex Nokia staff and designers and their headquarters are literally next door to Nokia's in Finland. Yeah, nothing like the old Nokia......

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Some of the reports of the Nokia 6 build quality seems impressive.

The Nokia 3 on one review I watched talked of the phone being similar in design to the L925 with rounded metal edges and polycarbonate back.

I am now using android for the last 3 months mainly, but am typing this from my newly acquired L650. Going back and forth between platforms but will wait to see what Nokia offers when their phones come to the states.

Even though Nokia is android now. I wish them every success. They were what brought me to the windows platform to begin with.

JJanner

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
After running with Microsoft on mobile since MotoQ I'm getting ready to jump from Lumia 950 to Sony Xperia XZ Premium. Just learned in chat with AT&T they will be carrying this phone. I'll load it with Microsoft apps and will miss live tiles a lot.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Post Lumia, I'm done with manufacturer loyalty. I need OEMs to show me why their phone is more unique than every other plastic slab.

TheRealScottR

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I switched to an S8 on 4/28. Hated it at first. SquareHome 2 launcher saved Android for me. I have my live tiles back for the most part.

One thing I really miss is the way WP announced, answered and let you respond to texts and calls when connected to Bluetooth.

Anyone figured out a way to set this up? All the apps I tried are glitch. It just worked on WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs