1. Angelo Joseph Vargas Vibal IV's Avatar
    They're making more money selling android phones.
    01-25-2017 09:57 AM
    Well they have built a Windows phone, so your title 'Samsung will not build a windows phone.' doesn't ring true.
    Of course it is subjective whether they will build another Windows phone or not, but there will be a gap in the market for Windows mobile devices, seeing as it is unlikely anymore Lumia's will be made.

It's also costing them a fair bit with devices like the Samsung Note 7....
    fatclue_98, aximtreo and TgeekB like this.
    01-25-2017 10:05 AM
    It's too bad you feel that way. But if you must know, Samsung released one of the very first Windows Phones with the Focus. They also released the first WP8 phone with the Ativ SE. Those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat it.
    01-25-2017 11:19 PM
    There was news not long ago of a Samsung dual boot Windows/Droid phone, not to say it's a sure thing but they are still in the development game.
    01-26-2017 05:12 PM
    I think once full Windows is on ARM, Samsung will make a phone
    01-26-2017 06:25 PM
    Remember that Microsoft cut them huge slack with regard to Android royalties, and the only thing that came out of it was MS apps pre-loaded on Android. I'd like to think that MS could have negotiated Windows devices. Hopefully still to come with the next generation of Windows 10 ARM products.
    01-27-2017 01:29 AM
    As @charlatan1978 said, i think the title should say "Samsung probably won't make any new Windows devices'. Because they certainly have made some before. Specifically the "Samsung ATIV" range. (which this statement is being posed in haha)

Samsung definitely have the funds to build some. I personally don't think W10 is going anywhere, simply because of Microsoft. Its so nice having a Mobile version of windows which can sync with your laptop and tablets.
    Tien-Lin Chang likes this.
    01-27-2017 04:10 AM
    Hey, welcome to the forum!

Your name tells me you speak spanish, estoy en lo cierto?

They are actually making good money from Android, but then, why are they making Tizen smartphones?

Maybe they will be doing some Windows Phones just to fill that market, not as much as Android phones but maybe they will do a few.

El hecho que produzcan en una plataforma no indica que dejarán de hacerlo en otra, hasta ahora no han hecho un anuncio oficial al respecto, por lo que siempre existe esa posibilidad.
    Guytronic and fatclue_98 like this.
    01-27-2017 09:32 AM
    HTC and sony can make windows phone because there android phone is losing customers

Sent from mTalk
    01-27-2017 09:55 AM
    Hey, welcome to the forum!

Your name tells me you speak spanish, estoy en lo cierto?

They are actually making good money from Android, but then, why are they making Tizen smartphones?

Maybe they will be doing some Windows Phones just to fill that market, not as much as Android phones but maybe they will do a few.

El hecho que produzcan en una plataforma no indica que dejarán de hacerlo en otra, hasta ahora no han hecho un anuncio oficial al respecto, por lo que siempre existe esa posibilidad.
    I certainly wouldn't rule out another Samsung Windows phone. I'd like to think they're gauging sales and user opinions regarding the Galaxy Pro tablet line before committing to another Ativ-type phone. For all the hate they got for using "rehashed" designs, the Focus S and Ativ SE were some of my favorites.

Dime acere, que tú crees?
    01-27-2017 05:58 PM
    Since I see no links, no logical statements, just a declarative...

I have appended your thread title with "[Opinion]" as there appears to be no evidence pro or con provided in the OP.

Thread moved to a more appropriate area. Samsung not building a Windows Phone in future has nothing to do with the existing Windows Device forum where you originally posted...
    01-27-2017 08:51 PM
    I certainly wouldn't rule out another Samsung Windows phone. I'd like to think they're gauging sales and user opinions regarding the Galaxy Pro tablet line before committing to another Ativ-type phone. For all the hate they got for using "rehashed" designs, the Focus S and Ativ SE were some of my favorites.

Dime acere, que tú crees?
    I was more a Nokia/MS/Lumia guy, but the Ativ SE was a pretty nice device.

Let see what MS does, if the next update of WIN10M does something nice for sure a lot of companies will jump to produce some devices to test the market.
    01-28-2017 08:18 AM
    Well they have built a Windows phone, so your title 'Samsung will not build a windows phone.' doesn't ring true.
    Of course it is subjective whether they will build another Windows phone or not, but there will be a gap in the market for Windows mobile devices, seeing as it is unlikely anymore Lumia's will be made.

It's also costing them a fair bit with devices like the Samsung Note 7....
    You do know that the problem was independent of the OS right?
    01-29-2017 01:34 AM
    Thanks for sharing.
    01-29-2017 01:36 AM
    Any one know what this is about?
    Neither do I.

Closed
    charlatan1978 and libra89 like this.
    01-29-2017 02:26 AM