People want to move from android & iphone

Faisal Islam2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Yes android is ruling the mobile platform! Iphone also have some good number of users! But it's time to change ! There are many people around the world bored with their buggy android & expensive iPhone! They want to use different OS! It's sad that Microsoft is not taking this opportunity , they do less marketing for their windows mobile! They just listen some useless tech journalist who always negative about windows mobile! Moreover Microsoft reboot its mobile platform every time that's the annoying for users who thought to shift to windows mobile! Microsoft should invest money on apps making for its own mobile platform

Tre Lawrence

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes android is ruling the mobile platform! Iphone also have some good number of users! But it's time to change ! There are many people around the world bored with their buggy android & expensive iPhone! They want to use different OS! It's sad that Microsoft is not taking this opportunity , they do less marketing for their windows mobile! They just listen some useless tech journalist who always negative about windows mobile! Moreover Microsoft reboot its mobile platform every time that's the annoying for users who thought to shift to windows mobile! Microsoft should invest money on apps making for its own mobile platform

Don't know that I'd use such a broad brush. If Android were really that buggy across the board, I doubt that it would be so widely accepted.

Similarly, it's possible to pick up an iOS device at several price points.

It's tough prying away customers from a product they're happy and invested in. Folks seem to be happy with Android and iOS.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Nobody, except us die-hard fans, will switch to a platform with no apps. Microsoft can throw all the money they like at developers. If they say no, they say no. Sadly, most of them will.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
But it's time to change ! There are many people around the world bored with their buggy android & expensive iPhone! They want to use different OS!
What makes you come to this conclusion? Its the Windows platform that is the problem, Not android.
Buggy? Android? no again that's windows 10M.

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
What makes you come to this conclusion? Its the Windows platform that is the problem, Not android.
I am bored with both Android and iOS, but I do not think most people even care about Windows Mobile. They are more than pleased with what they have. Only tech savvy persons might think like that.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Android alone has 1.4 billon or more users on 4000+ devices.
I don't believe anyone makes a ladder tall enough to climb over that wall.
Android has even absorbed the Nokia name.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I am bored with both Android and iOS, but I do not think most people even care about Windows Mobile. They are more than pleased with what they have. Only tech savvy persons might think like that.
Ok your bored with Android and IOS, keeping in mind this is a mobile phone, what do you want the device to do differently?, that would alleviate that boredom?

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Ok your bored with Android and IOS, keeping in mind this is a mobile phone, what do you want the device to do differently?, that would alleviate that boredom?

I do not see enough innovation. Android has slow updates and suffers from its java underpinnings, while ios is very basic. All these things do not apply to normal people that are not technical savvy. Normal people don't really care.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I do not see enough innovation. Android has slow updates and suffers from its java underpinnings, while ios is very basic. All these things do not apply to normal people that are not technical savvy. Normal people don't really care.

I agree. The average user doesn't understand enough about technology to know the difference, so they stick with what is familiar even if it performs poorly.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

Kot Prada

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
It's not a mobile phone. It's a smartphone. In our case it makes a huge difference.

BTW, I'm switching to W10 from BB10. Definitely not to Android or Apple.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I think the Thread heading is simply not true, yes you will get some folks wanting to switch but as W10M numbers are down to an all time low they don't seem to be switching to W10M which I think by now is a well established fact.

Android and IOS are Booming and massively successful, W10M is on the brink of collapse or further downfall, The future is unclear and this puts people off, all MS had to do was display a guide to how they plan to move forward, but they have not done so and this leaves a huge question mark, don't expect droves of newcomers to W10M during this uncertain period, of course this is subject to change if things pick up.

Last edited:

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I think the Thread heading is simply not true, yes you will get some folks wanting to switch but as W10M numbers are down to an all time low they don't seem to be switching to W10M which I think by now is a well established fact.

Android and IOS are Booming and massively successful, W10M is on the brink of collapse or further downfall, The future is unclear and this puts people off, all MS had to do was display a guide to how they plan to move forward, but they have not done so and this leaves a huge question mark, don't expect droves of newcomers to W10M during this uncertain period, of course this is subject to change if things pick up.

Microsoft wanted to stop losing money, something I understand fully. Why then not try through partnerships to bring a real flagship on the market? The Elite is just not good enough (on a consumer level).

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

Yep. WM10, even production version, is the most buggy of all. It cannot even restore from a backup, needs hours and hours of manual work to have all apps and settings back. On iOS it is a completely automated process, no manual user work needed. You may call that "boring". :excited:

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I have to confess I know nothing about Apple except that I eat them, never interested me 1 bit, I am not an Ambassador of Android, but having used both W10M and Android, the latter works best, forget the apps but just the whole OS is far more fluid and lightning fast on todays phones, the L950 showed REAL lag quite often, not always but often and often you could not repeat the lag, I still wonder why the device with 3gb RAM behaves like this from time to time?

Faisal Islam2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
In my locality most of the folks want to try different! But that different Microsoft windows 10 mobile haven't bake well enough that folks could rely on it! Microsoft should quit or quick

nasznjoka

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site

Visiting over various Windows Central forums says otherwise you can see lots of complaints about this not working. Not working camera not working I mean you can just come up and say that. Windows 10 is the most baggiest OS today so you won't see anyone coming over anytime soon in fact it's the opposite just go over the last Jason Ward's last post and see what people are complaining about it's all about Windows 10 bugs

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that it won't help to promote a product that will only get returned to the store when customers realise that the apps they use aren't available or lack features that they are accustomed to using.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
This OS can't even handle apps in a background. I just typed a page long comment and it all disappeared before I submitted.

OP, no offense but, why are you crying about something that even MS doesn't care about. I've been using WP since WP7.5, and MS with (US) carriers has been disappointment since...always!

(I still own phones I'll list below)

-my Lumia 710 was never updated by T-mobile to WP7.8, and later MS didn't update it to WP8. I rooted it to Finnish 7.8 and it works.
-my 928 was never updated to WM, MS promised they would. And Verizon was terrible at releasing updates from Nokia.
-my 925 was never updated to WM, MS promised they would. I edited registry and updated myself. This OS is disaster! I know this phone isn't officially supported, but still you can't have this much bugs in a OS

OP, let people use their "buggy" Android phone and "expensive" iPhones with every app they want and need. Every time I need my banks app I use my wife's android phone because my bank removed their app from Windows store.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
This OS can't even handle apps in a background. I just typed a page long comment and it all disappeared before I submitted.

OP, no offense but, why are you crying about something that even MS doesn't care about. I've been using WP since WP7.5, and MS with (US) carriers has been disappointment since...always!

(I still own phones I'll list below)

-my Lumia 710 was never updated by T-mobile to WP7.8, and later MS didn't update it to WP8. I rooted it to Finnish 7.8 and it works.
-my 928 was never updated to WM, MS promised they would. And Verizon was terrible at releasing updates from Nokia.
-my 925 was never updated to WM, MS promised they would. I edited registry and updated myself. This OS is disaster! I know this phone isn't officially supported, but still you can't have this much bugs in a OS

OP, let people use their "buggy" Android phone and "expensive" iPhones with every app they want and need. Every time I need my banks app I use my wife's android phone because my bank removed their app from Windows store.
You can't blame Microsoft for updates that carriers refused to push. Just like Android, not all phones get updates and it's usually because of hardware requirements. Apple is the only OEM that pushes updates to all their previous models and even then there's a cutoff point due to hardware restrictions. At least we've had the Insider program to be able to update low end phones that would normally never receive squat.

Sent from my Banana Yellow Lumia 1520 via mTalk

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Assumptive terms such as "buggy Android" always gets to me frankly.

Even if Microsoft got off their butts and did go for the big marketing push there's just so little there.
The MS mobile website pushes mobile devices as though they are still in the pipeline, yet they don't even sell their own phones.
Consumers just don't search out WM devices.

Bought my first WP on-line...then I started noticing them on hangers in Walmart, Walgreens, Target, Fry's etc
I purchased more than one WP that way and handed a few out for others to try when they broke or lost their phone.
All the phones I gave away were fine for the users for a while.
Now everyone that replaced my gifted WP's have gone to the iPhone or Android...I wonder why...

Those of us that begged Microsoft for more and better from the OS got what we asked for...or did we?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99