People want to move from android & iphone

Kot Prada

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
OP, let people use their "buggy" Android phone and "expensive" iPhones with every app they want and need. Every time I need my banks app I use my wife's android phone because my bank removed their app from Windows store.
I just change bank, since it doesn't fit my needs with their Apple and Android apps. Bank works for You. Not You - for bank. Why would I try to fit my bank, if I pay money to them for their products?

Would You stop eating bread, if You will not find it in Your local store, or You would just find another store?

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
This is actually opposite to what You said earlier.

And this is more for You, than for me.

Maybe I was being hasty. Just really tired of people referring to Android as 'laggy' and 'buggy' all the time. It's simply not true anymore.

Also my statement is general (which is true) whereas your 'laughter' was implying that Android has serious issues.

I have no issues with any OS personally. I'm not an advocate for any particular OS. I believe in using what works for you.

Android works for me at this point in time. That's why I use it.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
What I find interesting is that in the mobile realm this idea of 'boring' interface is a big thing. However, we went years and years of Windows being the same interface and people never said anything and even complained when it changed!

Agreed. And to add to this thought, a common complaint about iOS and Android is the "static grid of icons". Well, that's all we've had on desktop for the last 20+ years. It is what we still have today, and probably will have for the foreseeable future.. A brief fling with tiles in Windows 8/8.1 was canned. Are icons somehow great on desktop, but ugly and boring on mobile?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. And to add to this thought, a common complaint about iOS and Android is the "static grid of icons". Well, that's all we've had on desktop for the last 20+ years. It is what we still have today, and probably will have for the foreseeable future.. A brief fling with tiles in Windows 8/8.1 was canned. Are icons somehow great on desktop, but ugly and boring on mobile?

Maybe because I'm a bit old school I never understood that complaint myself. I get the point of tiles to some extent but I was never absorbed into them to the point that I sat there and watched my home screen for minutes on end. Back in W8/8.1 they used to frustrate me to some extent. The tiles took forever to do anything.... some didn't do anything. So I didn't see the point really.

I have no issues with widgets and static icons. Suits me just fine.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think there's a different viewpoint because desktops are/were seen as things that you just have to deal with but with mobile, you get to have the choice of what you want to deal with. Besides, we take our phones everywhere anyway so as a result, it's easier to feel tired of looking at whatever thing much faster than usual.

I'm going to speak for myself when I say what I'm about to say but I doubt that I am alone here at all. I have had my laptop for almost 2 years now and I can count how many times I have changed the wallpaper, which has been 0 times since I liked one of the stock wallpapers a lot. I occasionally move icons but even that happens very rarely.
My phones on the other hand, I have changed the wallpaper many times and I install and delete apps fairly often, and of course, I have changed the order of my icons to my liking. Since I look at my phone way more than I do for my laptop, it only makes sense to fix and change things to your liking.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I think there's a different viewpoint because desktops are/were seen as things that you just have to deal with but with mobile, you get to have the choice of what you want to deal with. Besides, we take our phones everywhere anyway so as a result, it's easier to feel tired of looking at whatever thing much faster than usual.

I'm going to speak for myself when I say what I'm about to say but I doubt that I am alone here at all. I have had my laptop for almost 2 years now and I can count how many times I have changed the wallpaper, which has been 0 times since I liked one of the stock wallpapers a lot. I occasionally move icons but even that happens very rarely.
My phones on the other hand, I have changed the wallpaper many times and I install and delete apps fairly often, and of course, I have changed the order of my icons to my liking. Since I look at my phone way more than I do for my laptop, it only makes sense to fix and change things to your liking.

Yes you have a valid point. I never change the background on my desktop or my phone! In fact, on my phone I set it to black (no background) and leave it there. It saves battery. I haven't had any other background for probably 3 or 4 years.

When I set up a new phone, I put my shortcuts at the same place as on the old phone. My phone's setup looks much like it did several years ago. I personally found that in real life WP's Live Tiles were visually appealing, but less than ideal to use.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
OK. No problem. It doesn't work for me. That's why I am on Windows Central instead of Android Central :D

I'm on Windows Central because I use Windows, I own a Surface and I own Office 365. I use MS software. I used to use a L920 but I simply found that WP didn't work for me so I switched.

Doesn't make me less of a Microsoft user.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes you have a valid point. I never change the background on my desktop or my phone! In fact, on my phone I set it to black (no background) and leave it there. It saves battery. I haven't had any other background for probably 3 or 4 years.

When I set up a new phone, I put my shortcuts at the same place as on the old phone. My phone's setup looks much like it did several years ago. I personally found that in real life WP's Live Tiles were visually appealing, but less than ideal to use.

Hmm that's fascinating that you set your phone to black, but I get it though.

That makes sense to me that you do that. For me, I like to make a setup that goes best with the phone I'm using. I agree about the live tiles! Disabling notifications for most apps have worked great with those stuck tiles. I'm indifferent but some are useful. I only have 4 active ones -gasp!- Thankfully they always work.

I'm on Windows Central because I use Windows, I own a Surface and I own Office 365. I use MS software. I used to use a L920 but I simply found that WP didn't work for me so I switched.

Doesn't make me less of a Microsoft user.

Yeah Windows Central is not Windows Phone Central. As long as one is interested, that's all that's needed. I also think the community here is nice, even though I'm a little biased as an Ambassador :winktongue:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
OK. No problem. It doesn't work for me. That's why I am on Windows Central instead of Android Central :D

I live, work, and breathe Microsoft. I am employed by a Microsoft partner, and I make a living supporting a Microsoft enterprise product. I have several Microsoft MCP certifications. I also have access to a lot of Microsoft's software, sometimes in beta or pre-beta form, some with an NDA attached, and most of it at no cost. This does not mean, however, that I use and promote every single product of theirs. Some is better than the competition, and some isn't.

I am also on Android Central as well as iMore. I find, however, that this forum is more interesting. The "boring" aspect of those systems talked about here carries through to the forums somewhat. There just simply isn't as much to talk about there that interests me. For the most part, they "just work". Boring isn't all bad you know!

I work in customer support. I enjoy troubleshooting, problem solving, and even a bit of psychoanalyzing!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I live, work, and breathe Microsoft. I am employed by a Microsoft partner, and I make a living supporting a Microsoft enterprise product. I have several Microsoft MCP certifications. I also have access to a lot of Microsoft's software, sometimes in beta or pre-beta form, some with an NDA attached, and most of it at no cost. This does not mean, however, that I use and promote every single product of theirs. Some is better than the competition, and some isn't.

I am also on Android Central as well as iMore. I find, however, that this forum is more interesting. The "boring" aspect of those systems talked about here carries through to the forums somewhat. There just simply isn't as much to talk about there that interests me. For the most part, they "just work". Boring isn't all bad you know!

I work in customer support. I enjoy troubleshooting, problem solving, and even a bit of psychoanalyzing!

Your work sounds really interesting!

I agree with your notes about the other forums. I am there too, but I find it feels different. iMore seems to have activity that mostly revolves whatever the newest phones, and iPads are. Everything else is much quieter. Android Central has a lot of forums. As of now, my activity there is in a "top forum" for the moment but in 4 months, I predict it will fall out of that. Outside of that forum is kind of overwhelming for me haha.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
What i feel boring is my W10M homescreen with live tiles of most of the MS apps that I use, they do nothing other than to disturb the aesthetics of homescreen due to talk of even transparent tiles.
Live tiles are overrated as per me

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
What i feel boring is my W10M homescreen with live tiles of most of the MS apps that I use, they do nothing other than to disturb the aesthetics of homescreen due to talk of even transparent tiles.
Live tiles are overrated as per me

I have had the same opinion for many years. I was never really very fond of Windows Mobile 7x and Windows Phone 8x. I have been using iPhones from the beginning and I was pretty happy with them. The last two/three years I started looking at Android and last year I switched fully to an Android device. I had never used a Windows Mobile 10 device until last Friday!
I switched from a Mac to a Surface Book last October and I immediately fall in love with the way Windows 10 works. After a lot of consideration I bought a Lumia 950XL and I can see the advantages and disadvantages of live tiles.
Live tiles can be really helpful if configured properly. If you have a lot of live tiles, then the home screen becomes very busy and it is very easy to lose the overview of what's happening. If you take the time though and add live tiles only for the things you really need, then they can provide useful information. In any case it is good to have choices. I don't think though that Microsoft lost the smartphone war because of the interface of Windows Mobile..
After using so many iPhones and Android, I can say that Windows Mobile 10 is like a breath of fresh air for me, at least for now.

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site

I am in the same industry and work as an MS IT Consultant, specializing in Exchange Server..

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
There are many people around the world bored with their buggy android & expensive iPhone! They want to use different OS!

I'm personally a big fan of Blackberry 10 and W10m. Both are a fantastic OS and i wish more people used them because they would see just how great they are, but once you have bought into an ecosystem and have spent a lot of money on games and Apps, its difficult to then switch. :( .

I don't think Android is that buggy, i use a Blackberry PRIV and everything seems to run really smoothly. I think if you buy one of the cheaper Android devices, the ones around the $100 mark, then yes, it may freeze from time to time and feel 'buggy'. Additionally IOS, while it may be expensive, you can always pick up a iPhone 6 or 6s at a much lower cost, or even go down the iPhone SE route. So there are options, but generally IOS has a higher price bracket for entry.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I can say that Windows Mobile 10 is like a breath of fresh air for me, at least for now.

Sounds familiar, exactly the attitude I had when I crossed over from Android (since day 1) to W10M .
Now lets see how you feel in 3 months time, please report back. I have switched back to Android. (This has been the only switching I have ever done so I am not a perennial switcher).

I think if you buy one of the cheaper Android devices, the ones around the $100 mark, then yes, it may freeze from time to time and feel 'buggy'..

Very good point, a point so obvious we all overlooked it, Thanks :)
A cheap device is likely to result in sub-par experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb