What would it take for you to abandon ship?

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
It would take Microsoft stating publicly that they're abandoning Windows mobile, stop all development for it and close the department. And finally, for all the apps I use to leave the platform. Till then.... W10M is my platform of choice.

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I left already...

Honestly, I could cope with the app gap, the somewhat random glitches at times, I loved the os. What got me was Microsofts distain of windows phone users, no clarity or communication, no real vision. That got me. I was beginning to resent the company...abd even contemplating going full Google!

Moved to an S8. With arrow it's good enough. Wouldn't go back to ios, to used to the flexibility of the others now.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I left already...

Honestly, I could cope with the app gap, the somewhat random glitches at times, I loved the os. What got me was Microsofts distain of windows phone users, no clarity or communication, no real vision. That got me. I was beginning to resent the company...abd even contemplating going full Google!

Moved to an S8. With arrow it's good enough. Wouldn't go back to ios, to used to the flexibility of the others now.
What made u use arrow

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
What made u use arrow
I tried out all the Microsoft stuff. Really like arrow, it's fast, integrates well with 365. The recents page is a lifesaver for me, having all the contacts I've had that day from email to texts etc in one place.. I can catch the things I may have forgotten which helps a lot in my job. If arrow could have its utilities page and live tiles it would be awesome...

However Im liking Microsofts vision for Android, suits me and how I use my phone really well.

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
For me, all it's going to take is the introduction of the iPhone 7S Plus and/or iPhone 8. I've had enough of W10M's endless failings.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Leaving Windows and going on hiatus are two different things. However, if CNN reports that Nadella is stepping down and being replaced by Leo Apotheker, I'm leaving a vapor trail.

jason8957

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Today I ordered an iPhone8. I have kept my 640XL going as long as I am willing while putting off a decision. Microsoft doesn't care, they are apparently making great apps for iPhone. I wish the iPhone8 wasn't glass, but it will support wireless charging. And it should have a good phone camera when I don't have my DSLR. The 640XL camera is horrible when I can get the app to load.
I don't think there will ever be a unicorn Surface phone, but who knows. I am content to have Windows 10 on my laptops and an iPhone I guess. I would actually be kind of embarrassed to have an iPhone X.
Android was never an option for me as I don't trust google with anything that personal.

As an aside, the WIndows Central website is a pain in the butt to use in Internet Explorer whether the ads are blocked or not. Time to scale back the nuisance crap by about 70%

jason8957

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
It turns out the iPhone 8 is a much better Microsoft phone than the Microsoft phones were. Installed the Microsoft Office apps, Onedrive, Groove, Age of Empires: Castle Siege, etc. and it all runs so much better than it did on my Windows phones. Amazing, Microsoft can make great apps.

The AppleID process is a mess. I had to just create a new one and forget my old one. Stupid complicated to make it work.

The app store, while containing a lot of apps, is slow and doesn't always install apps. Frustrating.

I do miss podcast lounge, the Apple podcast app is crap. Hard to tell what podcasts will download when.

The Bluetooth is more reliable that it was with my old phone, but it is newer.

The wireless charging works with my old Nokia charging base that I got with my Lumia 920. Even works through the Otterbox case. And the battery lasts all day, easily.

The web browser is quick. Seems faster than Edge was on my old Windows phone.

Haven't messed with the camera much, but I am a DSLR guy.

Asoulintime1982

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site
I won't leave unless my pair of ATVI SEs stop working all together. I have used Android in the past and hated every moment of it and I would never switch to Apple. I'm in it tell its a total death for Windows Mobile.

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
In the end it was the absence of some apps used in our company (Blackberry Work and DHL Proximate) that brought me to Android. But with a Galaxy Note 9 using Samsung apps and Microsoft services (I try to avoid Google where possible) it is a very reliable and stable experience.

rick1979

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
I jumped ship about 2 years ago from 950xl to android and downloaded all the windows apps I needed on to my android device so can say it was not that much different but what made me jump was phone battery was stuffed (knackered)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb