should i get lumia 950 ..im using droid turbo 1

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
should I get a lumia 950 or stick with my Motorola droid turbo 1 ?

It depends on various things.

First, what core apps are you used to using? Second, if there are things about W10M that fall short, will you be ok with them?
If the price is right, I would suggest trying it.

Stephen Pedersen1

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Don't bother with the 650. 950 is great though. It's very solid. Doesn't look pretty but you have to have a case anyway. The app gap is real. I would check Microsoft to see if they have all the must have apps. It doesn't crash anymore. It's very stable.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Moved to Phone Wars.

OP, please refrain from creating duplicate threads as it fragments discussion. I've deleted the one you created in the 950 subforum.

On-topic, I think you should either stick with your current phone or upgrade to a different model that's not a Windows Phone at this time, unless you're getting a ridiculous deal on it.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Only if you think it would work for you. Do your research. Play with some Android phones. Make an educated decision about Windows and what it can do for you. I love my Windows phone, but that doesn't mean everyone would love my Windows phone. My girlfriend thinks it's confusing and hard to use (and she hates how Facebook doesn't play nice). She thinks it's pretty, but she wouldn't use it as her main phone.

Look at new Android phones. There are some great options in the sub-$400 range like the OnePlus 3t or the Honor 8 that make great arguments for forgoing the ultra expensive flagship devices. If you just want to play with Windows and see what it can give you, you can pick up a cheap Windows phone for, well, a ridiculously cheap price. Find a Lumia 640 or Lumia 650, maybe even a Lumia 550 and put Windows 10 on it. Play around with it and see what you think. Make sure your apps are there, make sure you can do everything you need and want to do. If you like what you see, maybe make the foray and grab a nicer device. Or maybe even stick with the cheaper device (my Lumia 640 actually holds up against my Lumia 950 XL where it counts. Yeah, apps don't open as quickly but I wouldn't call the 640 a slug).

Don't let people tell you to do something or other without doing your research first. That's my opinion.

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Don't bother with the 650. 950 is great though. It's very solid. Doesn't look pretty but you have to have a case anyway. The app gap is real. I would check Microsoft to see if they have all the must have apps. It doesn't crash anymore. It's very stable.

I agree with your comment about the 650; the camera is weak, and 1 GB of RAM is just not enough to keep up with daily use. You can always try the Alcatel IDOL 4S; if you buy it from the online Microsoft store, they allow free returns. I tried the IDOL for 2 weeks; loved everything about it except the camera, so i returned it for full refund, then picked up a 950 XL International version off of Amazon; super price, and amazing camera! Super happy with it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss