12-01-2017 01:50 PM
239 1234 ...
tools
    No. I hate it.
    Why hate it? :D It hasn't done any harm to you, you can simply ignore it. :P It's not that you bought it, and now you have some problems with it. :)

Sent from mTalk on Windows phone
    Elky64 likes this.
    09-13-2017 10:49 AM
    Did anyone even watch the event or some of the "hands on" from the media outlets?
    Face id wasnt working smoothly and the camera focus was all jacked up.

Why does everyone get excited about what Apple does?

The iPhone X is a practical copy of the Samsung Galaxy 8 series but with even fewer features (no fingerprint scanner, no headphone jack, no sd card, no home button).

IMO this phone is a total fail and a complete ripoff.
    09-13-2017 10:57 AM
    I don't like the "ears" but I'd probably get used to them. The lack of Touch ID, however, is probably a deal-breaker for me. Facial recognition is gimmicky and gets old pretty quickly. It even misfired during their live demo. If they weren't so obsessed about being "sleek" they could have included both, but given the choice between form or function, they tend to go for form most times.
    09-13-2017 10:59 AM
    It's an Apple product therefore no thank you.
    09-13-2017 11:00 AM
    It's really not all about the phone. iOS is just wayyy ahead of Windows Phone
    aliencatos and rinosaur like this.
    09-13-2017 11:00 AM
    At $999, I hadn't even considered looking at the iPhone X specs past whatever headlines I've seen.
    DreamerUP likes this.
    09-13-2017 11:01 AM
    Attachment 137387

So, the worst kept secret is official and Apple just announced the iPhone X (pronounced 10 because of course.) Sure, that display is incredibly impressive, but is the rest of the phone really that revolutionary?

Face ID looks a lot like Windows Hello doesn't it? How about that wireless charging your old Lumia 920 didn't have?!

Jesting aside there are some impressive looking features on it, but is it really the benchmark for the next 10 years as Apple claims?

And would you move to one from your Windows phone if you're still using one? Is it the one you've been waiting for?!
    No. Lumia 950 till it dies or Microsoft releases their new phone... If my 950 dies before Microsoft releases their re-launch phone I will likely get a Samsung Note or Galaxy... Apple does nothing for me.
    09-13-2017 11:02 AM
    Nope. I think Apple users are a group of condescending deplorables. I don't want to be associated with them. If not Windows Phone, I'd rather use an Android.
    onysi likes this.
    09-13-2017 11:07 AM
    So the mighty company that is responsible for all the innovation in the world just launched their newest and greatest innovation of all times. How do we feel about it as windows phone fans. They brought in the wireless charging which was their in Lumia 920. They brought in the facial recognition which is kinda comparable to iris scanner through windows hello in Lumia 950. Two of latest iPhone's greatest features are to some extent were present in these old products. I wanna know what other guys (windows phone fans) feel when they see apple doing it yet again and stealing all the media, social limelight, youtubers with old piece of tech wrapped in shiny new device and presenting it in grandest manner possible. Plus the price. is 1000 USD/1319CAD is justifiable for it?
    mtf1380 likes this.
    09-13-2017 11:08 AM
    I don't understand the appeal. I simply won't spend that much extra money on a device solely because it may be more stylish than the competition (even if it was my opinion though it is not in this case anyway) or because they finally added a couple of hardware features that have been available on Windows or Android for years. The style doesn't make it any more functional in use and the lack of customization is a big reason why I have stayed away from iPhones. This is like spending $1000 on a piece of jewelry and that simply has no appeal for me.
    09-13-2017 11:18 AM
    I don't know. Actually doesn't excite me a bit. iPhone 8 is OK. Ok with its price and Ok with old school iPhone things but with X I am not so sure infact after following the rumours for so long and seeing all youtubers so damn excited, I was actually expecting some next level sh**. It has wireless charging, OK, Lumia 920 had that. It has FaceID, OK, Lumia 950 had Iris scanner.
    09-13-2017 11:18 AM
    No, The only selling point of iPhone 10 is animated emoji!
    aliencatos likes this.
    09-13-2017 11:32 AM
    I think you simply don't get it, because you don't need what it offers. Some time ago got few Android devices with the screen over almost entire front part. And now Apple brought us the same. Some say "it doesn't even have the home button", but that was the point - to get larger screen and smaller bezels. That's the point of this phone.

Now, they may have screwed it with some other things such as this face ID, and no fingerprint reader, and some other stuff...

But I don't justify them, and I won't buy this phone, that's for sure. No phone is worth 1000€ for me.

Sent from mTalk on Windows phone
    09-13-2017 11:40 AM
    I totally would consider purchasing one if they would you install whatever OS you prefer, just like with a Mac. The iPhone X is great looking hardware, but I dislike anything that's not Windows.
    09-13-2017 11:40 AM
    Attachment 137387

So, the worst kept secret is official and Apple just announced the iPhone X (pronounced 10 because of course.) Sure, that display is incredibly impressive, but is the rest of the phone really that revolutionary?

Face ID looks a lot like Windows Hello doesn't it? How about that wireless charging your old Lumia 920 didn't have?!

Jesting aside there are some impressive looking features on it, but is it really the benchmark for the next 10 years as Apple claims?

And would you move to one from your Windows phone if you're still using one? Is it the one you've been waiting for?!
    09-13-2017 11:41 AM
    Well, at least the media is skeptical about the Face ID choice, that's already more critical than I expected. Plus the iPhone X pricing is widely questioned, as is the 64GB min storage configuration. And there is some limited criticism of the 'ears' around the camera module. See this tweet and the responses, it's an OCD nightmare! :) Personally all the latest iPhones are a no go for me due to the lack of a headphone jack, but if it weren't for that I might have bought an 8+. Still missing: Glance (aka 'ambient display' for Android).
    meh, i mean they really had to punch marketing up with Bionic chip and super display and airpower. what does bionic chip even mean?
    Well, here's a bionic arm, if that helps:

ezgif-4-389f27406c.jpg
    Player Piano likes this.
    They took a leaf out of Nokia's N9 for the swipe gestures. It's not new at all. If anyone remembers that phone or owned one, would know. I had one and what I saw on the iPhoneX, took me back to how my N9 worked with the swipe gestures. You can still find N9 videos on YouTube. Nothing revolutionary here by Apple.
    Jan Lehotsky likes this.
    09-13-2017 11:46 AM
    Yes, I like it. That doesn't mean I will abandon my 950xl, no way. Yep, love my Microsoft 950xl. C'mon Microsoft, I know you can do better than iPhone X. Let's show them.
    aliencatos likes this.
    09-13-2017 11:49 AM
    Not sold on Face ID, I wasn't a big fan of the iris scan on the 950XL either. The pricing is out of this world, especially because I want more than 64GB, pusing it up to $1150. Add to that the fact that AppleCare+ (pretty much mandatory on such an all-glass device) is up to $200 meaning we're talking about $1350 plus tax. That's double what I paid for my Surface Pro 4! I'm also no fan of the 'ears' around the camera module. Check out this tweet and the responses, it's an OCD nightmare! :)

So for me, a swing and a miss. (don't quote me on this when I buy it in November)
    aximtreo and libra89 like this.
    09-13-2017 11:55 AM
    Ditched Windows Phone for iPhone 6s 2 years ago, when 6s came out. It was, personally, very liberating to do so.

Would definitely love to get the X, actually one for me and one for my wife. That price though... I'll wait until I can get them second hand to soften the blow.

I think people who are comparing parts of phones with competition (but this has a better screen, that had face recognition etc.) are totally missing the point. What Apple sells is an experience and how it all works together. All platforms have issues but the amount of problems that I had since on iOS is almost nothing, compared to those other ecosystems. At any given time I have between 250-280 apps on my phone. I maybe had to reboot it 5 times over 2 years because it froze? And you know what? My 6s, a 2 year old phone, is happily running iOS11, the latest and greatest, and it works great (I'm on the beta for months now). And it will likely run iOS12 too.
    theefman likes this.
    09-13-2017 11:57 AM
    Eww. Did you just ask me that question? iPhone is just now catching up to what Lumias were doing back in 2012. Wireless charging, Windows Hel- I mean Face ID, to name a few. That uncomfortably obvious part of bezel that takes a chunk out of the screen would make it difficult to watch any sort of video on the phone. And I hear the lightning port has been removed.

It may look kind of cool, but it's really boring and a repeat of the past with a weirdly-shaped screen
    onysi likes this.
    09-13-2017 12:01 PM
    It looks nice. Just way too expensive. $999 for a 64GB phone, they should have made it 128GB for that price. Also, you need AppleCare, that is another $199. My wife has an iPhone 6 Plus. Going in for a second repair. The first time they replaced the phone, this time likely just replacing the screen. Both times a $80 deductible. I bought a second hand Icon last year on Amazon for $75! I will be holding out a little longer. Might end up with an Android phone.
    Joe920 likes this.
    09-13-2017 12:03 PM
    One more thought, I do think the 3D face mapping (like kinect) on a phone is going to be a game changer. People will be trying on virtual make-up, trying on new glasses, all by basically using the iPhone as a magic mirror. I think that's more than a gimmick, looking forward to see what devs do with it.

App ideas: artificial aging, artificial rejuvination, facetime with facial tweaks (higher cheekbones, more defined eyebrows, smaller nose or whatever people have hangups about). If they make this thing wide-angle next time around I could see some chest enhancement apps appearing in the app store. :D
    DHX, theefman and aximtreo like this.
    09-13-2017 12:03 PM
    I thought some older Samsung's and the Note 7 debuted with Facial Recognition? Either way I would not count facial recognition as new...yet for Apple it is, maybe that is what you mean.
    Samsung Face recognition was very basic.
    Apple has taken it up a notch or two by adding the IR + 3D mapper so in that sense it is good.
    But still not paying $999 for a couple of extra glorified sensors.
    libra89 and Jazmac like this.
    09-13-2017 12:05 PM
239 1234 ...