Does iPhone X grab you?

Michael Daelemans

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Nope, iPhone x looks ugly compared to the s8, mi mix 2 or even elephone s8. Also i will stay on WP as long as my l650 is alive, by that time i hope microsoft finally brings new phones or someting mobile.
I do not care about apps, as long is i can read my mail and surf the web i'm fine.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I was hopeful but very disappointed. There is very little appeal. I'm going to wait for reviews of the V30. It, or the four-hundred-dollar-cheaper S8+ will be my next phone.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Did anyone even watch the event or some of the "hands on" from the media outlets?
Face id wasnt working smoothly and the camera focus was all jacked up.

Why does everyone get excited about what Apple does?

The iPhone X is a practical copy of the Samsung Galaxy 8 series but with even fewer features (no fingerprint scanner, no headphone jack, no sd card, no home button).

IMO this phone is a total fail and a complete ripoff.

D3V011

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't like the "ears" but I'd probably get used to them. The lack of Touch ID, however, is probably a deal-breaker for me. Facial recognition is gimmicky and gets old pretty quickly. It even misfired during their live demo. If they weren't so obsessed about being "sleek" they could have included both, but given the choice between form or function, they tend to go for form most times.

Brian Thomsen

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
View attachment 137387

So, the worst kept secret is official and Apple just announced the iPhone X (pronounced 10 because of course.) Sure, that display is incredibly impressive, but is the rest of the phone really that revolutionary?

Face ID looks a lot like Windows Hello doesn't it? How about that wireless charging your old Lumia 920 didn't have?!

Jesting aside there are some impressive looking features on it, but is it really the benchmark for the next 10 years as Apple claims?

And would you move to one from your Windows phone if you're still using one? Is it the one you've been waiting for?!

No. Lumia 950 till it dies or Microsoft releases their new phone... If my 950 dies before Microsoft releases their re-launch phone I will likely get a Samsung Note or Galaxy... Apple does nothing for me.

sniperboywc

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Nope. I think Apple users are a group of condescending deplorables. I don't want to be associated with them. If not Windows Phone, I'd rather use an Android.

Nitish_KSharma

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
How do we feel about iPhone X?

So the mighty company that is responsible for all the innovation in the world just launched their newest and greatest innovation of all times. How do we feel about it as windows phone fans. They brought in the wireless charging which was their in Lumia 920. They brought in the facial recognition which is kinda comparable to iris scanner through windows hello in Lumia 950. Two of latest iPhone's greatest features are to some extent were present in these old products. I wanna know what other guys (windows phone fans) feel when they see apple doing it yet again and stealing all the media, social limelight, youtubers with old piece of tech wrapped in shiny new device and presenting it in grandest manner possible. Plus the price. is 1000 USD/1319CAD is justifiable for it?

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand the appeal. I simply won't spend that much extra money on a device solely because it may be more stylish than the competition (even if it was my opinion though it is not in this case anyway) or because they finally added a couple of hardware features that have been available on Windows or Android for years. The style doesn't make it any more functional in use and the lack of customization is a big reason why I have stayed away from iPhones. This is like spending $1000 on a piece of jewelry and that simply has no appeal for me.

Nitish_KSharma

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't know. Actually doesn't excite me a bit. iPhone 8 is OK. Ok with its price and Ok with old school iPhone things but with X I am not so sure infact after following the rumours for so long and seeing all youtubers so damn excited, I was actually expecting some next level sh**. It has wireless charging, OK, Lumia 920 had that. It has FaceID, OK, Lumia 950 had Iris scanner.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I think you simply don't get it, because you don't need what it offers. Some time ago got few Android devices with the screen over almost entire front part. And now Apple brought us the same. Some say "it doesn't even have the home button", but that was the point - to get larger screen and smaller bezels. That's the point of this phone.

Now, they may have screwed it with some other things such as this face ID, and no fingerprint reader, and some other stuff...

But I don't justify them, and I won't buy this phone, that's for sure. No phone is worth 1000€ for me.

Sent from mTalk on Windows phone

toshdellapenna

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I totally would consider purchasing one if they would you install whatever OS you prefer, just like with a Mac. The iPhone X is great looking hardware, but I dislike anything that's not Windows.

vkhambhaita

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
View attachment 137387

So, the worst kept secret is official and Apple just announced the iPhone X (pronounced 10 because of course.) Sure, that display is incredibly impressive, but is the rest of the phone really that revolutionary?

Face ID looks a lot like Windows Hello doesn't it? How about that wireless charging your old Lumia 920 didn't have?!

Jesting aside there are some impressive looking features on it, but is it really the benchmark for the next 10 years as Apple claims?

And would you move to one from your Windows phone if you're still using one? Is it the one you've been waiting for?!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12