Does iPhone X grab you?

May 23, 2017
Visit site
View attachment 137387

So, the worst kept secret is official and Apple just announced the iPhone X (pronounced 10 because of course.) Sure, that display is incredibly impressive, but is the rest of the phone really that revolutionary?

Face ID looks a lot like Windows Hello doesn't it? How about that wireless charging your old Lumia 920 didn't have?!

Jesting aside there are some impressive looking features on it, but is it really the benchmark for the next 10 years as Apple claims?

And would you move to one from your Windows phone if you're still using one? Is it the one you've been waiting for?!

I would go back to $8.00 flip phone before I ever bow down to the apple corp.
Ditching Windows Phones is a major mistake on Microsofts behalf.
Dimwits just need to advertise. Android phones are not as good as Windows but who doesn't know about them?
My grandson,13 yrs old used my Windows cell and tablet and He was blown away.
This pisses me off that a great quality multiplayer of epic proportions is being tossed due to LACK OF RECOGNITION.
I will use Windows until the bitter end.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Out of all those I'm still struggling to remember any of them having dual front cameras that provide portrait mode/bokeh?
Out of all those I'm struggling to remember which ones set me back a grand for a fancy selfie gimmick.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Out of all those I'm struggling to remember which ones set me back a grand for a fancy selfie gimmick.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

True, but it's still something new. I very rarely take a selfie personally. They always make me look like a middle aged man.
The lack of Reachability is the only reason I need not fork out a grand for a phone that's near impossible to use one handed.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
So in a nutshell, I'm not sure why people get so bent out of shape with iPhone X and Apple in general. Is it because they are delivering a product and Microsoft is not?

Yeah I'd say that pretty much sums it up.

Never have been a fan of Apple's pricing but now that's becoming the norm with the competition as well on higher-end phones. But I won't deny the fact they've advanced and in some instances, innovated.

truenexus

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
Budget buster for me. Not even if carriers do 24-month installment plans. My Lumia 640 still works for me. When its gone and if my carrier supports one, I'll go to eBay for another lightly-used/refurb WP.
I liked the Apple fitness Watch with cellular though. As demonstrated, also good for parents with kids with medical issues.

Last edited:

Bishop G

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
This is exactly why the iphone x appeals to me. It has features that we've had for the longest. The only thing is microsoft has let us go on version. I am looking for a replacement and it seems like a good replacement for my lumia icon.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, oh my yes... 1,000 time YES.

Oh wait. I thought the question was does it GAG me. "Grab" me maybe only in the sense that like all their products it feels like a mugging.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I think you simply don't get it, because you don't need what it offers. Some time ago got few Android devices with the screen over almost entire front part. And now Apple brought us the same. Some say "it doesn't even have the home button", but that was the point - to get larger screen and smaller bezels. That's the point of this phone.

Now, they may have screwed it with some other things such as this face ID, and no fingerprint reader, and some other stuff...

But I don't justify them, and I won't buy this phone, that's for sure. No phone is worth 1000€ for me.

Sent from mTalk on Windows phone

Fear not.. Apple will gladly sell you a dongle for the Home Button and Touch ID 😀

Attachments

• yW8dEeU.jpg
    yW8dEeU.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 7

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Face recognition ?? Here's a joke that's kinda funny...

Gentle reminder to all married men!!!!

Never never buy iPhone X... coz your wife will be able to access your phone by just pointing your phone at your face while you are sleeping to unlock it.

However you won't be able to do that to her... coz she would have removed her makeup before she sleep!! 🤣🤣

... !

Talk about waking up from a bad dream..lol!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, if your a Windows Phone fan and see the writing on the wall, your only choices are Android or the iPhone.

If your going to go with the iPhone you might as well get the best one...

Personally, I think I am going to hold out for the LG V30... it looks like an awesome phone if you can deal with Android.

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
You guys never cease to amaze me. Obviously you know little else can be done to phone's these days. No one is breaking any ground anymore. The difference with Apple is they know what they want their phone to be and say here it is buy it or dont. Better believe it will be done right. My Nokia (s) had wireless charging. Fine but look where they are now. When I realized WindowsPhone was done with iPhone 6 + was coming out and I never looked back, better yet I stopped complaining about what Microsoft wasnt doing and moved on.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what kind of marriage raycpl has but I don't cheat on my wife. In fact, she has my unlock if she needs in my phone. I'm sleeping and don't want to be awaken because she happens to be curious.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077