Does iPhone X grab you?

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Dunno my elite x3 cost almost a grand. At the time I thought it worth the price.

I was at the phone store today buying my FIL a new feature phone to replace his ten year old Samsung. (He's 83 and doesn't want to learn anything new.)

I played with the Iphone X. It was pretty much the 8 with an OLED screen and no home button.

I showed the salss guy a picture taken with my 950xl, my Iphone 7 and the 10. The screen on the 950xl and the X blew away the one on the 7. The Iphone 8+ was the same as the 7 so no need to compare.

The X felt nice but not sure if the extra 0.3 inch screen is worth it.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
It represents the insanity of those who willingly pay a cool grand for a smartphone.

More like “intelligence” of those who know they are purchasing a product that will have high resale value, has a growing app ecosystem, from a company who provides world class support and won’t be leaving the market anytime soon.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Dunno my elite x3 cost almost a grand. At the time I thought it worth the price.

I was at the phone store today buying my FIL a new feature phone to replace his ten year old Samsung. (He's 83 and doesn't want to learn anything new.)

I played with the Iphone X. It was pretty much the 8 with an OLED screen and no home button.

I showed the salss guy a picture taken with my 950xl, my Iphone 7 and the 10. The screen on the 950xl and the X blew away the one on the 7. The Iphone 8+ was the same as the 7 so no need to compare.

The X felt nice but not sure if the extra 0.3 inch screen is worth it.

Prices are insane but I guess that’s where we have allowed the market to go.

I’ve never got into comparing screens. To me they’re all good. I have a 7 and it’s not like I can’t read text or photos look bad. I think it’s just another marketing tool to raise prices. But I’m sure it’s important enough to justify the cost to others.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
More like “intelligence” of those who know they are purchasing a product that will have high resale value, has a growing app ecosystem, from a company who provides world class support and won’t be leaving the market anytime soon.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist.
You can get all what you just listed from a 7, 8 or even an SE. Sorry but the X doesn't offer enough to justify the cost compared to its stablemates. Maybe I keep my 8, maybe not. But I'm still keeping 3 bones in my pocket and with the other 30 I can get a 9.7 iPad.

Sent from my Idol 4S on mTalk

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
You can get all what you just listed from a 7, 8 or even an SE. Sorry but the X doesn't offer enough to justify the cost compared to its stablemates. Maybe I keep my 8, maybe not. But I'm still keeping 3 bones in my pocket and with the other 30 I can get a 9.7 iPad.

Sent from my Idol 4S on mTalk

That’s what I’ve done. I have a 7 and a 9.7 iPad Pro. Good enough for me.

But that X sure is purty!

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Prices are insane but I guess that’s where we have allowed the market to go.

I’ve never got into comparing screens. To me they’re all good. I have a 7 and it’s not like I can’t read text or photos look bad. I think it’s just another marketing tool to raise prices. But I’m sure it’s important enough to justify the cost to others.

To me brightness and contrast to sun light ratio are the top features for me on a screen. I like a good color reproduction on one too, but the first two features are what I look at first. Think that is why I like the 1520, Elite X3, and 950 XL so much. The Samsung line always have had good screens too. iPhones sit some where in between it all, but this is the first time they have went OLED so it will be interesting to see how this X plays out over 3 yrs. The 950's are going on 3 yrs and they seem solid still from most readers here that I see chime in, spare the occasional mechanical failures that are common (camera modules, batteries, etc), this is good to hear. Microsoft pumped out a couple of winners to last over the years which was good considering it was their last efforts.

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I like in a large apartment building with lots of people, this weekend I have seen three people inadvertently trigger the SOS alarm on their iphone X's when trying to restart or shut the phone off. I guess the new iphone X needs a manual.

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
It feels good has that feel of quality, from what I've handled of one, but I honestly think it's expensive at half the price.

I think the 8 is a better proposition than the X.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I’m not someone who regularly drops his phone, but accidents happen. There is no way I would spend that much for a phone and then an additional $500 to repair broken glass. It’s beautiful, but they need to improve on this before I purchase one.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I’m not someone who regularly drops his phone, but accidents happen. There is no way I would spend that much for a phone and then an additional $500 to repair broken glass. It’s beautiful, but they need to improve on this before I purchase one.

If you buy Apple Care upfront ($199) you will be protected for two years against all but obvious user abuse. I made sure of that when I purchased my 8+. I was told that Apple would replace two dropped and shattered phones in that time frame. Seems a worthwhile investment should you decide to spend that many dollars. Also, anyone that goes naked without a good sturdy case is just asking for disaster to happen.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Following up

I pulled the trigger yesterday on a 64gb IPhone 10. So far I love the device. I wanted to wait for the plus size but took advantage of the Apple upgrade program. Walked into the store,played for a few minutes and walked away with the new device. Yes it is smaller but not an issue.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Following up

I pulled the trigger yesterday on a 64gb IPhone 10. So far I love the device. I wanted to wait for the plus size but took advantage of the Apple upgrade program. Walked into the store,played for a few minutes and walked away with the new device. Yes it is smaller but not an issue.

I'm jealous. I bought the 8+ and am now advertising my 8 for trade on X.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
So far I'm mostly happy. The only oddity is the bar across the bottom. I love both having the home button.

0edca2d0c0049357e07664f91b8a83c2.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte