HDR mode

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Not many to choose from last I checked. I've been using HDR from Intellsys for a while now but only in the free trial mode, which does not save full resolution shots. I'm happy with the results but just want to wait and see if Nokia ends up introducing one.

Really enjoyed your 1020 pics BTW.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. :grin:

I bought the HDR app, but it looks like Nokia just added the option for bracketing with a pro camera update this morning. Haven't tried it yet but it doesn't look like the Nokia option combines the pictures for you. Glad it's there now though.

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I personally use thumbs photo editor. Makes amazing hdr photos and also has a ton of other settings to tweak. I can turn a bad pic into a great one with it

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If Nokia doesn't add an HDR option could devs build their own HDR apps using the new imaging SDK and the bracketing feature Nokia just added?

KorJax

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
You can create your own HDR photos via procam by just manually doing it yourself via changing the exposures, then editiing the images together into one HDR photo on the PC. This is how you do "real" HDR photography with full cameras, and you'll get much better results usually (because you are doing it yourself and can account for different situations that make certain areas in HDR photos look worse). An HDR app does similar things but its all automated, or faked via fiters.

Would be nice to have an HDR app that works with procam though just for ease of use. But at least you could make your own HDR photographs with it manually, which is arguably the best way to do it anyways as most really good HDR photos (like the one above) are done manually.

Deutscher2

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Please define "Photography".
I think everybody can see the Difference between a Picture which could be from a Pixar Movie or a Videogame and a Photography, or?

This is Photography:
"Untouched Nokia Lumia 1020 image straight from phone. No post processing done."
9392025730_ff5678cd49_c.jpg

Flickr: Topolino70's Photostream

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Not sure that either is "better". Well, in some technical sense one will be "clearer" and have "truer" colors. I think the ProCam version is probably closer to what you would have seen if you just walked out the door. But if you were trying to show off the detail in the overhang or the stonework, then the HDR version is probably more helpful.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I think everybody can see the Difference between a Picture which could be from a Pixar Movie or a Videogame and a Photography, or?

This is Photography:
"Untouched Nokia Lumia 1020 image straight from phone. No post processing done."
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2835/9392025730_ff5678cd49_c.jpg
Flickr: Topolino70's Photostream
That is nice! But looking at the grass and the overhanging branches in the foreground I wonder if those areas are coming across as darker than they would have in real life. I imagine that while standing there you would have seen more light, color and detail in those leaves. And that is where the judicious application of HDR can be helpful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium