No, it's not a scam. People around the world earned more than 300000 $ selling their photos to well-known media organisations. Here is description:

"Scoopshot, an app which lets you earn money with photos taken on your smartphone, is now available for Windows Phone. The app, which is already available for iOS, Symbian, and Android, allows you to upload newsworthy or interesting videos and photos to the Scoopshot website. Scoopshot then acts as an agency (middle man), selling the uploaded content to media organisations or anyone else who wants to buy them.

In addition to the above news related task, Scoopshot also encourages users to upload photos for other tasks. These task can be created with a commercial outcome in mind, but may also be started to encourage users to submit interesting photos and to foster a fun sense of community.

These non-news related tasks can be viewed a clever way to get users familiar with how the photo upload process works, so that they're ready when they come across something that is genuinely newsworthy. It also encourage repeat visits to the app as these photos can be liked and shared, adding a social element to the service.
    The Windows Phone app has a clean design, with the now traditional panorama layout for the main portion of the app. When uploading photos there's a clear step by step process to follow, one that skews the typical Windows Phone design templates, but is still very in line with the principles of Modern design. As a result, the design and functionality of the app stands out as being surprisingly polished and fluid for the first release of a ported app.

Whether you'll make any money from Scoopshot is open the debate. News photos have a flat rate of $2.50, but can be sold multiple times. Photos crated for tasks have a more flexible pricing structure, and likewise can be sold multiple times, but by their nature are unlikely to be get more than a single sale (and even that's relatively unlikely). That means that unless you happen to come across major news event you're unlikely to be raking in the money from your smartphone camera exploits. But, perhaps, that misses the point... at least some of the motivation is likely to be around seeing your photo used in a news story... and that's something that Scoopshot can help you with."

Store Link:
    http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...d-2a8a05493c55

Source: http://allaboutwindowsphone.com/flow..._smartphon.php
    As we all know Windows Phone users creativity and possibilities of lumias built-in cameras, why don't earn money using its potential? :-)
    HeyCori likes this.
    08-05-2013 04:37 AM
    Thanks for bringing this app to the attention of the members of WPCentral.

The app looks interesting. Perhaps people will post what their experiences have been once they use the app.
    08-05-2013 10:24 AM
    I wonder if uploading makes you lose your original copyright over the picture
    08-05-2013 10:59 AM
    I wonder if uploading makes you lose your original copyright over the picture
    I'm not sure, but as life taught us theres always a catch... Probably if you follow this link, you'll find an answer: https://pro.scoopshot.com/pro_register/terms
    I know that scoopshot takes their "piece" of your earnings, but didnt hear about copyrights. Anyways, without this service many people wouldn't get even a cent for their photos because they wouldnt know its value :)
    08-05-2013 11:38 AM
    So is this just for stock photos, like selling to gettyimages or an istockphoto type thing?
    Interesting idea, it would be great if they continue to update the app and have the vision to expand its services. I've been wanting gigwalk on WP8 since the Lumia 920 was released.
    09-12-2013 09:25 PM
    Hi,I want to ask because I live in Greece if I can do this and earn money.
    05-29-2014 03:43 PM
    Hy people anyone has try to use this app? I registered today and plan to share and do some tasks when I have time.
    07-05-2014 07:32 PM
    Bookmark
    07-05-2014 07:47 PM