How do I become a great photographer using my Nokia Lumia 928?

B_RAD89

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I see all these great photos the community has posted and want to know how I can improve as a photographer using my Nokia Lumia 928s camera. Any tips, websites, exercises would be helpful as I would like to get better at photography and really take some great pictures.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Screw around with the settings, take multiple pictures of the same thing, and see which settings turn out the best. Find something cool or colorful to take pictures of. Don't be afraid to take bad pictures... they'll happen no matter what happens. It's picking out the ones you like that matter. Best tip I can honestly offer is to take pictures of non moving things. Start out with a potted plant or a toy. Hummingbirds still elude me, but I will manage to take one of those really cool action shots one day. Look for opportunities when possible.

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I see all these great photos the community has posted and want to know how I can improve as a photographer using my Nokia Lumia 928s camera. Any tips, websites, exercises would be helpful as I would like to get better at photography and really take some great pictures.

I agree with what angry mushroom said. Essentially its practice and experimentation. It wouldn't hurt to read a good photography book or two either.

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I can't remember who, but someone on this forum quotes the great photographer, Ansel Adams, as saying (paraphrasing)

A good photograph is knowing where to stand.

I'm not a great photographer by any means, but I think there is so much truth in that statement. I think its perhaps more starting to see things that you normally pass everyday and don't really notice. It seeing things in different ways (a different angle, close up, far away, different colors, light striking in a unique way etc. etc) and then trying to capture it on "film."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077