I see all these great photos the community has posted and want to know how I can improve as a photographer using my Nokia Lumia 928s camera. Any tips, websites, exercises would be helpful as I would like to get better at photography and really take some great pictures.
    09-06-2013 04:42 PM
    Screw around with the settings, take multiple pictures of the same thing, and see which settings turn out the best. Find something cool or colorful to take pictures of. Don't be afraid to take bad pictures... they'll happen no matter what happens. It's picking out the ones you like that matter. Best tip I can honestly offer is to take pictures of non moving things. Start out with a potted plant or a toy. Hummingbirds still elude me, but I will manage to take one of those really cool action shots one day. Look for opportunities when possible.
    Muessig likes this.
    09-06-2013 05:25 PM
    I see all these great photos the community has posted and want to know how I can improve as a photographer using my Nokia Lumia 928s camera. Any tips, websites, exercises would be helpful as I would like to get better at photography and really take some great pictures.
    I agree with what angry mushroom said. Essentially its practice and experimentation. It wouldn't hurt to read a good photography book or two either.
    Muessig likes this.
    09-06-2013 06:21 PM
    Hey B_RAD, check out this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/gui...Bguide%5D.html or click the link in my signature. Hope that helps!
    09-07-2013 05:55 AM
    I can't remember who, but someone on this forum quotes the great photographer, Ansel Adams, as saying (paraphrasing)

A good photograph is knowing where to stand.

I'm not a great photographer by any means, but I think there is so much truth in that statement. I think its perhaps more starting to see things that you normally pass everyday and don't really notice. It seeing things in different ways (a different angle, close up, far away, different colors, light striking in a unique way etc. etc) and then trying to capture it on "film."
    09-07-2013 01:41 PM