Is it possible capture slow motion video option like iPhone 5s

saurabhg

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to capture slow motion video on Lumia devices like iPhone 5s.
Or for slow motion videos it requires some specific camera . If video player like moli can play video in slow motion then i think mobiles it can record too
But with specific camera . With existing devices it not possible
Am i correct?

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Lumia's don't have video cameras with slow motion option, they are very very basic.

I would disagree, Nokia Camera has pretty extensive settings for a phone

In relation to the thread, and also to Laura our only hope is that they remove the current software/firmware limitation later on - given how powerful the hardware is on the 92x series and 1020, I wouldn't be surprised if they could support a faster framerate

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I would disagree, Nokia Camera has pretty extensive settings for a phone

In relation to the thread, and also to Laura our only hope is that they remove the current software/firmware limitation later on - given how powerful the hardware is on the 92x series and 1020, I wouldn't be surprised if they could support a faster framerate

Video settings ? Nokia Camera yes but video ? OK if you think so.
I think the few settings VIDEO has make it kinda basic IMO.

No point in arguing what "extensive" means in setting the Nokia Camera Video, it doesn't have slo -mo or exposure compensating, or WB it does have resolution / fps and a bass boost and framing grids. The basic camera's video does have WB and continuous focus on/off but Nokia Camera Video doesn't.

Last edited:

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Video settings ? Nokia Camera yes but video ? OK if you think so.
I think the few settings VIDEO has make it kinda basic IMO.

No point in arguing what "extensive" means in setting the Nokia Camera Video, it doesn't have slo -mo or exposure compensating, or WB it does have resolution / fps and a bass boost and framing grids. The basic camera's video does have WB and continuous focus on/off but Nokia Camera Video doesn't.

Well the stock iPhone camera is pretty barebones, your manual focus is by tapping to focus and you can zoom in (very blurrily) by pinching-to-zoom, I don't see any WB or resolution/fps/sound adjustment features on the 5S unless you include the slo-mo feature...besides, if you really cared about the properties of your video you wouldn't need any more settings than what is currently in the Nokia Camera app - you would go to a computer and post-process it using proper software like Adobe Prelude if you REALLY cared about it. Nokia just want to makes things simple; whereas Apple is too simple and Android sometimes too complicated and as a result half the screen being taken up by buttons and blinking indicators and histograms

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo