DNG Pictures - Copyright in EXIF ?

potatopower

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

While playing around with the DNG files I noticed that the EXIF file says Copyright Nokia corporation 2012.
How can Nokia claim copyright on pictures that I take?

Here's a recent set I took : Ivinghoe Beacon - a set on Flickr
It contains files processed from the DNG and the 34Mpix Jpegs. The Jpeg don't have any copyright info on them..

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
This was answered in your other thread that you started.

You can replace the meta data of the Exif with a program fairly easy. It's not locked. It was probably an error on Nokia's part. Don't take it so seriously.

potatopower

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
This was answered in your other thread that you started.

You can replace the meta data of the Exif with a program fairly easy. It's not locked. It was probably an error on Nokia's part. Don't take it so seriously.
I re posted it here as I thought I might get a better response in the photography lounge.
I know that the meta data can be removed but just found it interesting that Nokia added the copyright on the DNGs but not on the Jpegs.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
It's probably just an error on the part of Nokia. Unless you have the ability to change meta data on the phone that's what your going to get. I don't have DNG so no idea what settings you have available and searching came up with nothing. I don't see your concern though since you can change it anyway. Yes it's a pain to have to do it double processing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05