Why do you use _______ (3rd party photo app) when you have Nokia Camera

ArcticArrow

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Guys, what's up.

I want to know, for those who are using Lumia devices, why are you using ProShot or other App when you have Nokia Camera?

- Better Quality?
- Faster Response?
- Better Night Exposure?
- Anything else?

Please also state which devices you are using, and whether you have the Lumia Black update.

I appreciate the feedback so I can decide if I should buy 3rd party app for photography.

DenisSuncity

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I use stock camera. Much faster. Time after time I try Nokia camera, but just to play around.

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_253 using Tapatalk

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I have bought camera apps after reading reviews. I think I'll clean house and uninstall them and use the Nokia app.
How can I get the Nokia camera to be controlled by the camera button? That would be nice.

Jessica Lares

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Because it's just easier to click the camera button and take a picture that way. Nokia Camera is nice, but there are other camera apps that are nice too.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Camera I use when I need zoom in/out when r recording video. And sometimes to play with it. 99% I use stock camera. And sometimes Camera360 I love its Dream effect, and you can play with other photo effects in the app. L928 w/ Black

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't find a way to change aperture in Nokia Camera on my new Lumia 1520. Am I overlooking something or it's a bug?

The Nokia Camera tend to be largish too, sometimes. It seams to be hanging, sometimes. I don't have a long time experience with this App. Any tips or fix?

Ramyy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I've used many 3rd party camera apps until now Nokia camera is my favorite one because I can adjust everything manually

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I pretty much use Nokia Camera as my main camera app. It has most of the standard settings/controls that you'd look for in a camera. I always set the ISO to 100 when taking a picture in sufficient lighting. When the automated shutter speed increases to about 0.7s, I will then increase the ISO. This is to maintain details in my pictures.
Video mode wise, I think this is the app that triumphs over any other alternative because of the Audio Bass Filter.
I would like to have a toggle between front and rear camera though. Currently the only way is to access the menu. A small button on the screen would be nice.

I also use ProShot a lot. I really dig a the filter editor. Also, the design of the app is nice, especially the tap+hold to change settings quickly. I find myself using it when I want to take a picture in 1:1 ratio, and when I need a self-timer(very useful!) which cannot be found in the Nokia Camera. It also has the timelapse feature, which I have not really played with.

Camera360 is when I want to shoot in double exposure. It was added quite some time back ago, but it seems that not many people in the WP community is using it. The developer(s) of the app created a thread back when the feature was implemented and I don't remember people sharing their double exposure photos. Such a pity.
Here is the link to the thread:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...l-photos-double-exposure-taken-camera360.html
Of course, the filters of C360 are pretty darn good as well. I believe one can achieve amazing photos with the right combinations for double exposures.

I have many more photography apps installed on my phone, but these are the 3 that I use on a regular basis.

oldgreygeek

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I drive myself nuts. Nokia Camera is obviously the best app on the L1020. If I'm at a party an just want quick 12mp snap shots I'll use Proshot. I also use FhotoLens which is also very good. Then just to make me dizzy, Camfish for its Burst Mode, and Creative Camera for time delay, it will shoot hires 34mp jpg. Each of these apps do something better than the other ones. Unless you want to be as nutsy as me? Stick with only one of those mentioned. They all work. Remember photography is about light, color, composition and knowing where to stand to take the picture. If its a real keeper I will edit it in Corel Paintshop Pro X6. I am the "Oldgreygeek" on Fhotoroom, a rather cute fhoto sharing site.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Camera is very good, and I use that when I want to take a quick photo--I use the camera button to wake up and launch the app. If a person wanted to work with raw images, I think that is the only way to capture them.

Also I use Proshot when I have several minutes to plan a shot and program all of the settings. The adjustable timer, the ability to use auto-shutter in Program mode or no auto settings in Manual, HDR mode and adjustable timer, and time lapse capability. Shadow Recovery, contrast, and saturation settings=Wow! Get Metero app to go along with this.

Also use Hipstamatic Oggl Pro a lot as the filters in that are the best I've seen.

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't find a way to change aperture in Nokia Camera on my new Lumia 1520. Am I overlooking something or it's a bug?

The Nokia Camera tend to be largish too, sometimes. It seams to be hanging, sometimes. I don't have a long time experience with this App. Any tips or fix?

That's not a bug, all smartphones use fixed aperture (even the L1020)

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I pretty much use Nokia Camera as my main camera app. It has most of the standard settings/controls that you'd look for in a camera. I always set the ISO to 100 when taking a picture in sufficient lighting. When the automated shutter speed increases to about 0.7s, I will then increase the ISO. This is to maintain details in my pictures.
Video mode wise, I think this is the app that triumphs over any other alternative because of the Audio Bass Filter.
I would like to have a toggle between front and rear camera though. Currently the only way is to access the menu. A small button on the screen would be nice.

I also use ProShot a lot. I really dig a the filter editor. Also, the design of the app is nice, especially the tap+hold to change settings quickly. I find myself using it when I want to take a picture in 1:1 ratio, and when I need a self-timer(very useful!) which cannot be found in the Nokia Camera. It also has the timelapse feature, which I have not really played with.

Camera360 is when I want to shoot in double exposure. It was added quite some time back ago, but it seems that not many people in the WP community is using it. The developer(s) of the app created a thread back when the feature was implemented and I don't remember people sharing their double exposure photos. Such a pity.
Here is the link to the thread:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...l-photos-double-exposure-taken-camera360.html
Of course, the filters of C360 are pretty darn good as well. I believe one can achieve amazing photos with the right combinations for double exposures.

I have many more photography apps installed on my phone, but these are the 3 that I use on a regular basis.

Thanks for this info. I notice that when I set my ISO to 100. The Shutter Speed automatically sets to 0.7 which gave me a blurry photos in low light situation. What I did was I set my ISO to 200/400 and everything to Auto.

gregoron

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Our Nokias only have one aperture, the widest one (I.e. f/2.0 in the 925). So, no "sunny 16 rule" and hyperfocal focusing. We need a real camera for those.

gregoron

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the Nokia Camera Beta for now. I hope they come up with continuous AF for all Nokia devices with the Cyan update.

I like NCB, buy I really miss the continuous pre-focusing on the iPhones. This really reduces shutter lag on initial and in-between shots. Yes, you can manually focus with NCB but for full auto mode and speed is the essence, iPhones are faster.

You can also do burst shots with NCB, but you'll have to go through several presses both before and after to implement it. It really doesn't replace continuous AF in both pre and in-between shots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99