Is your phone your go to camera?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Like anyone we have a drawer filled with cameras.
I just bought another full featured point and shoot pocket camera (another sickness of mine.)

After getting a new phone here recently I find myself wanting take more pics now that I have it.
It's a learning experience for sure.

So is your phone becoming or is it your main tool for photography?

Last edited by a moderator:

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is your phone your goto camera?

My only device for photography. My only device for GPS navigation (I don't bother using the system that comes with my car). My only device for playing music and listening to audio books.

TheKinkajou

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Only if I don't have anything else with me.

The best _______ in the world is the one you have with you.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

No budget, either financially or timewise for a good camera. We have our digital cameras that we have bought over the years. Started with a Fuji p&s in the early 2000's, then the Canon S2 IS. That worked well until we had our first kid, it wasn't too hot indoors and my old Droid and then Trophy were awful.

We picked up a Canon Elph a couple years ago and it works really nicely. But once I got my Lumia 928, it was pretty much game over. Does everything I need and adds being able to do nearly all corrections (crops, redeye, rotating, color/brightness/WB) and then send the shots out.

Plus the Elph is hot pink, so um, yeah, my wife can use it ;)

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Honestly at the moment it definitely is. I would really like to get a proper DSLR some day, though but in the mean time the camera's on the Lumia's are just as good as any point and shoot (especially the 1020's). At least for my needs.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I mainly use my phone for pictures. If I have a dedicated video cam I'll generally use that for videos over my phone though.

Bram Vanroy

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I mainly shoot my pictures with a Canon 600D (think it's called the t3i Rebel in the US), but I need to work on my post-processing skill. However, a DSLR is not something you can put in your pocket. So when with friends, or when crossing something interesting, I quickly take out my Lumia to take a snapchat of the scene. For more professional work (or special occassions) I will pull out my DSLR.

rivmage

May 5, 2014
Visit site
My phone is my everyday camera. It's with me 98% of the time, I can upload photos as I take them and many other useful features.

Scott

gkrew

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I always have my phone with me. Last Christmas I couldnt find my Nikon battery so I just used my phones for shooting the family time on Christmas Day. For Mother's Day my phone (Lumia 928) was the only camera used for taking photos. I sent out a link to the photos later.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yup, my 1520 it's my goto for taking pictures. Haven't needed/wanted a standalone camera for a couple of years now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234