ProShot vs Nokia Camera vs Microsoft Camera

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: ProShot vs Nokia Camera

From this, I would say they all fall into the SLOW category for shoot to shoot time. I went for the 1020 since we were having a baby, and my wife ends up taking most of the photos with her iPhone 5 because the shoot to shoot time is MUCH quicker, and she can catch the baby smiling. Understandably processing 41MB of data is slower than 8MB, but this is ridiculous.

there's the smart sequence to handle that and it's just one swipe away when you're using the Nokia Camera

besides, 1020 vs iPhone 5 is like Benelli M3 vs Glock: while the shotgun is slower, it's more powerful than the pistol

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

there's the smart sequence to handle that and it's just one swipe away when you're using the Nokia Camera

Perhaps it is just me but I like the burst mode better with the new version of Proshot. If you shoot 8 frames per second you ought to be able to get one good baby shot in there.

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

the tool is there to use, it's just a matter of how smart you are when you use it

Not sure what you're getting at. You can be a genius, but that doesn't change the fact that trying to take action or even slightly moving shots with the 1020 is a difficult task. So you've got two choices: Take it at high res (which is slow) and hope for the best. Or use burst & get the shot, bit at an almost unusable resolution.

If you know a better way to capture moving shots at high res without blur I'd love to hear it.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

If you know a better way to capture moving shots at high res without blur I'd love to hear it.

EV at -0.3 up to 1
shutter speed faster than 1/250, use faster SS if the object is moving very fast
auto-focus before the object is on your frame, sometimes a shift following the object will do, or use manual focus at just-before-infinity
flash if necessary, if using flash you can use even faster shutter speed

you're welcome :)

zxli

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
After Windows Phone 8.1 for Lumia 1020 is officially released, things might get better (if Microsoft/Nokia implements proper firmware). Windows Phone 8.1 supports asynchronous encoding after taking a shot. Since Lumia 1020 has 2GB memory, in theory it is capable of taking several high (if not full) resolution shots and encode them in the background.

Miska Hietala

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Try putting 5 Mb only. It quickens the process by second or two. But yes, took me time as well to get used to slow shooting times. Even my galaxy s2 was a lot quicker 😂
Sent from my NeverAndroidAgain**1020** via Tapatalk

wesley george1

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
One thing I need in a smart phone is speed. The launch time on Nokia Camera is so drawn out that I miss the most important moment. I really wish Nokia could speed it up a bit. Proshot has the most manual settings. I wish it had RAW support though and integration with the features of the nokia camera (best shot etc).

Im in between my nokia lumia 1020 and my lg g2. I used the nokia for two weeks straight and was quite impressed despite the occasional crashes. The calendar app is very smooth and easy on the eyes. I look forward to receiving the cyan update. WIndows phone is really here to stay...heck microsoft has a stake in facebook which has a stake in whatsapp sooo indirectly support from these two apps will always be there

iHeartBretski

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey all. I am a new WP user. Coming off using Android for 5 years. I had a couple of questions regarding this stuff on my Lumia 925:
Is there a way to view photo details using either the Nokia camera or stock camer? (such as dimensions, megapixles used, etc.
Also does anyone know if the resolution is higher using 4:3 format as opposed to 16:9 format?

Anyone that can help me I would appreciate it.
Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey all. I am a new WP user. Coming off using Android for 5 years. I had a couple of questions regarding this stuff on my Lumia 925:
Is there a way to view photo details using either the Nokia camera or stock camer? (such as dimensions, megapixles used, etc.
Also does anyone know if the resolution is higher using 4:3 format as opposed to 16:9 format?

Anyone that can help me I would appreciate it.
Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

Welcome to WP :smile: You used to be able to view photo details with Nokia Camera but they removed that ability for some reason. ProShot does show the details in the gallery. You can also use one of these apps to view photo details:

Picture Info: Picture Info | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Photo-Info: Photo-Info | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

4:3 images will be higher resolution.

iHeartBretski

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to WP :smile: You used to be able to view photo details with Nokia Camera but they removed that ability for some reason. ProShot does show the details in the gallery. You can also use one of these apps to view photo details:

Thank you for answering my questions so quickly and accurately 😆

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the comparison, very interesting results!

One thing to note: ProShot is the only app of the three to support fast app resume, which means that if the app is already in memory, it'll start up even faster :)

MegamanXtreme

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Which one can zoom-in the furthest?
Compared to Windows Phone 8, the default Microsoft Camera can go further than the Nokia Camera, but this is Windows Phone 8.1, I suppose.

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Is there. Now you need to go where crop the img now...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720