What we won with Windows phone 8 and what we lost from Windows phone 7,5-7,8

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
was today watching my old phone that had a Nokia Lumia 510 and was watching the camera setting, and analyzing we lost many features of the camera of Windows phone 7,5-7,8 here is a handful list

We lost the scenes modes and don't talk of the modes that have now but beach, candlelight, macro, snow, sunset we don't have in the basic camera those modes anymore even in video could shoot with those modes,

Also we lost the setting metering mode centered weighted , frame average, center spot, also contrast, saturation, focus mode and flicker reduction.

We have won many things thanks to Nokia camera now Lumia camera but I feel that Nokia camera could add the metering modes and flicker reduction and improve lots and the Windows camera should they incorporate those things that we lost for gets much better yet.

That is in my humble opinion

Best regards
Francisco

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Related:

the Photos Hub of 8.1 is a depressing shell of what it once was. Maybe I mostly click on Camera Roll or Albums, but I LOVE the panorama and favorites. But hey, telemetry statistics and scorched earth sounds cool.

At least the last time I tried the DP, I couldn't "pinch" the photos down into a "coverflow" scrolling sideways. (edit: it's like this in Camera Beta on WP8 also)

Nokia Camera, IMO, has been regressing since it was Pro Cam. First we lost easy toggling through the flash/focus assist modes. Then easy access to Lenses. They did add the Smart Cam features. They've since removed the one tap to last picture feature. Most egregiously to me, they have now locked it down to only integrating with Creative Studio, absolutely no way to use other apps for editing (from within the app, have to completely break out) -- the silo effect appears to be nearing completion.

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
watching today my mom phone a samsung galaxy, grand prime even the app of camera of this phone has metering mode, Microsoft must put more efforts to get on pair to their competence or will lose customers, i chosed windows phone by features which has started to lost in each update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos