To the MAXIMUM

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In all phones, cameras, etc. the MP count is the total pixel count of the circular sensor I believe.

Of that, a rectangular photo is then cropped, losing the roundness and some of the resolution.

Why they don't take circular photos then? Its weird and probably a niche feature at most.

Why don't they advertise the rectangular resolution, like 4:3 or 16:9? Well, nobody does I think.

Well I could be wrong, but this is how I understand the situation.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Why can't Nokia Lumia 720/730/735 can use it's maximum 6.7MP?

What made you say so?

In all phones, cameras, etc. the MP count is the total pixel count of the circular sensor I believe.

Of that, a rectangular photo is then cropped, losing the roundness and some of the resolution.

Why they don't take circular photos then? Its weird and probably a niche feature at most.

Why don't they advertise the rectangular resolution, like 4:3 or 16:9? Well, nobody does I think.

Well I could be wrong, but this is how I understand the situation.

Haven't heard of a circular camera sensor yet, but I think most camera sensors are rectangular. I've dismantled a few and they were indeed rectangular.:smile:

At first I suspected that the cause is similar to the L1020 (having only 34 or 38 MP depending on the aspect ratio), but then the L730 has a "true 16:9 sensor" so there might be another reason.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What made you say so?

Haven't heard of a circular camera sensor yet, but I think most camera sensors are rectangular. I've dismantled a few and they were indeed rectangular.:smile:

At first I suspected that the cause is similar to the L1020 (having only 34 or 38 MP depending on the aspect ratio), but then the L730 has a "true 16:9 sensor" so there might be another reason.

Some other post, somewhere here... complete with a chart and stuff. Maybe not the sensor, but the lens is round and stuff!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I see. Yes, the lens is definitely circular, and the image it creates is also circular, but the sensor is almost always rectangular.:smile:

P.S.
My "What made you say so?" was for sj_kris04.:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12