hyperlapse mobile

crosslad17

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know what limits the length of an hyperlapse video on your phone? I was filming my journey to work on my 735 but it stopped recording after half the journey (about 8 minutes). I also have a Nexus 5 and recorded the whole journey back home. Have to say though the video quality was much better on the 735 and the Nexus 5 was red hot after the recording. Has anyone tried it on a phone with higher specs than my 735, and if so, how long could you record for?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, how much free space did you have in your L735? I was able to record more than 8 minutes with my L1020, but I had to stop since I was just holding my phone in a cab and my arms were becoming tired. I'll attempt longer shoots when I find a windshield mount.

Crosswhite17

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have about 3gb free on the phone and about 7gb free on the SD card. I am not sure if it is the ram on the phone that stores the file temporarily until you save the video.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You did say your Nexus 5 was very hot... Was the 735 super hot when it shut down the App? It may have some code in the Hyperlapse App to monitor heat and shut down at a certain temp or it may be a hard coded time limit.

You can shoot the whole video on your phone at the resolution of your choice and then import it into Hyperlapse App and apply a fast play edit to it.

There is also a desktop App for editing into Hyperlapse.

Microsoft Hyperlapse - Microsoft Research

crosslad17

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I think is it's a time coded limit. The phone wasn't hot at all. I know there is a time limit for importing video so I get guess they have set the same limit for recording video too.
I only have a Windows netbook at the moment still on xp so don't think this will be up to running the desk top version.
I really need to upgrade my pc but hardly ever use it now, I just use my phone and iPad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs