Sony Playmemories app for Sony a6000

PN1991

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I am intending to buy the Sony alpha 6000 for fotography. Now I was looking for the sony playmemories app and saw, that there is none.
Now I wanted to know if there will be an app for the lumia (950XL) and if not, is there an alternative to get the pictures from my camera on my phone without using my laptop?

Cheers,
P

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Sony makes Android phones and therefore Android apps for their cameras. (of course they make iPhone apps as well)

Whether this will change with WM10 with the ability to launch Android apps is unknown. So really can't answer your question if this app will work on a 950XL or any WM10 for that matter.

So it's using the laptop for now.

vinmih

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
What a coincidence! Just pre-ordered a Lumia 950XL and I'm also intending to buy one of Sony's alpha system camera's to take more professional shots while traveling. I was thinking of using a micro SD card with adapter in the camera until I found this app called Locana. It appears that the only limitation of this app is that you can't delete the photos on the camera and you can't stream movies. I can perfectly live with that. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
What a coincidence! Just pre-ordered a Lumia 950XL and I'm also intending to buy one of Sony's alpha system camera's to take more professional shots while traveling. I was thinking of using a micro SD card with adapter in the camera until I found this app called Locana. It appears that the only limitation of this app is that you can't delete the photos on the camera and you can't stream movies. I can perfectly live with that. :)

Just to help anyone else interested here are the links:

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...2Fapps%2Flocana%2F9nblggh2t6h1&token=QDInxZjW

Locana.GitHub.io

It would be nice to see Sony release official apps eventually but I guess we'll see.

vinmih

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Decided on a Sony A5100, got it yesterday. Tested Locana with a Lumia 925 running the latest W10 Mobile build. Works very smooth for transferring photos and to use as a remote control. Only two minor complaints. If you use NFC to connect, it asks you to copy the password to clipboard to connect with wifi. I can't copy it, so I had to enter the password manually once. Also, the photos are saved to a Locana folder and I haven't found a option to change this to a custom folder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon